What happened to Enoch's body?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Nov 23, 2013
Heb 11:5 By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.

Heb 11:13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.

Based on these verses, I believe God took the spirit of Enoch out of his body and his body dropped dead. If you disagree with this, then what do you think happened to Enoch's body?

Jan 4, 2020
washburn Tn
Heb 11:5 By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.

Heb 11:13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.

Based on these verses, I believe God took the spirit of Enoch out of his body and his body dropped dead. If you disagree with this, then what do you think happened to Enoch's body?
he had this testimony, that he pleased God. HOW DID he please GOD, BY A WORKING FAITH, HE kept GOD's COMMANDMENTS AND by faith HE obeyed GOD'S word, THIS is what pleased GOD

Nov 23, 2013
he had this testimony, that he pleased God. HOW DID he please GOD, BY A WORKING FAITH, HE kept GOD's COMMANDMENTS AND by faith HE obeyed GOD'S word, THIS is what pleased GOD
The question is what happened to Enoch’s body at his translation.

Jan 4, 2020
washburn Tn
2:18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: show me thy faith without thy works, and I will show thee my faith by my works.
2:19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.
2:20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?
2:21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?
2:22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?
2:23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.
2:24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.
2:25 Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent [them] out another way?
2:26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

Jan 4, 2020
washburn Tn
The question is what happened to Enoch’s body at his translation.
It was change to a spiritual body. JUST like if YESUAH had change the stones to bread, so the cornel body was change to A spiritual body, = nothing left

Nov 23, 2013
2:18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: show me thy faith without thy works, and I will show thee my faith by my works.
2:19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.
2:21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?
2:22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?
2:23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.
2:25 Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent [them] out another way?
2:26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
Could you keep on topic please?

Jan 4, 2020
washburn Tn
THAT was the WORD NOT ME THAT THAT WAS DONE TO

Nov 23, 2013
It was change to a spiritual body. JUST like if YESUAH had change the stones to bread, so the cornel body was change to A spiritual body, = nothing left
The Bible says that none of the Old Testament saints would be made perfect without us.

Heb 11:39 And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise:
Heb 11:40 God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect.

AlmondJoy

Oct 31, 2020
Lol....you still on this Kick of where is Enoch's body

I have an idea.....ask God where Enoch's body is.....He's the one that took Him

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
All who have been blessed to "walk with God," IN MY UNDERSTANDING ARE TRANSFIGURED TO THEIR HEAVENLY LIKENESS OF Jesus=Yeshua.

Jan 4, 2020
washburn Tn
Lol....you still on this Kick of where is Enoch's body

I have an idea.....ask God where Enoch's body is.....He's the one that took Him
His BODY was Changed , meaning that it was change into a much better body,
Just like if JESUS had change the stones to bread, it would no longer be stones, but A soft bread, nothing left but the bread, And so there would nothing left but A spiritual BODY, being changed, To change something means that it is not the same as it was

Jun 25, 2020

The bible says that when a person dies their spirit departs and goes to God and their body returns to the dust. Meaning the body is left on earth to decompose (Psalm 146:4 and Ecclesiastes 12:7)

Hebrews 11:5 says Enoch did not see death meaning that he did not die. Therefore his spirit did not separate from his body when he went translated and furthermore his body was not found.
Therefore it is reasonable to conclude that God took Enoch’s body as well to heaven.

Otherwise, the bible verse would have said that Enoch died and his body was found and got buried or returned to the dust.

In the Old Testament there is also the story of Elijah who was taken to heaven by a whirlwind.
2 Kings Chapter 2 describes the event.
Elisha observed Elijah going to heaven and Elijah was alive when he went up and did not die along the way.

Therefore when you read the story of Elijah who went to heaven without dying (meaning his spirit did not separate from his body), then it is not incredible that Enoch was taken as well without dying and took his body with him to heaven.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013

good question!

related questions i think are also good:

why didn't Satan contest over the body of Enoch, instead of the body of Moses?
why did God want no one to know where Moses' body is after he died?
why Moses & Elijah at the transfiguration, no Enoch?

Nov 23, 2013
The bible says that when a person dies their spirit departs and goes to God and their body returns to the dust. Meaning the body is left on earth to decompose (Psalm 146:4 and Ecclesiastes 12:7)

Hebrews 11:5 says Enoch did not see death meaning that he did not die. Therefore his spirit did not separate from his body when he went translated and furthermore his body was not found.
Therefore it is reasonable to conclude that God took Enoch’s body as well to heaven.

Otherwise, the bible verse would have said that Enoch died and his body was found and got buried or returned to the dust.

In the Old Testament there is also the story of Elijah who was taken to heaven by a whirlwind.
2 Kings Chapter 2 describes the event.
Elisha observed Elijah going to heaven and Elijah was alive when he went up and did not die along the way.

Therefore when you read the story of Elijah who went to heaven without dying (meaning his spirit did not separate from his body), then it is not incredible that Enoch was taken as well without dying and took his body with him to heaven.
Hebrews says all those people on the hall of faith list died. The bible says it is appoint to man once to die. Enoch didn't see the death of his body, but that body died according to Hebrews.

Nov 23, 2013
good question!

related questions i think are also good:

why didn't Satan contest over the body of Enoch, instead of the body of Moses?
why did God want no one to know where Moses' body is after he died?
why Moses & Elijah at the transfiguration, no Enoch?
God is the God of the living, not the dead. Believers don't die, from Adam to present. All believers are taken out of their earthly bodied prior to the death of the body, just like Enoch. Enoch was an example of how believers leave this world.

The other questions are great questions but unfortunately I don't have anything to offer.

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
Here's what I had posted elsewhere, about 10 days ago, on this Subject:

[quoting post]

As for the Heb11:13 "these all died in faith"...

[quoting excerpt from Wm Kelly's Commentary on Hebrews 11--I tried to place his first paragraph here in such a way as to draw attention to the various Greek words (etc) used for what is most often translated simply as "by faith" in our English, but which are actually distinct... (inserts in BLUE are mine)]

But "that day" is not yet come; and we return to their fathers. From the rising above difficulties insuperable save to God on whose word they relied (verses 11, 12), we have a summary in verses 13-16, which brings out the patriarchs refusing all temptation, and by faith holding on their pilgrim way to death consistently with the accomplishment of promise. This is the reason why the phraseology chances in the beginning of verse 13.
It is no longer "in" [en] faith, that is, in virtue (or the power) of faith as in verse 2, where such a force is requisite
, [...].
Nor further is it the proximate cause, the dynamic or instrumental dative as in verses 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, 11, and again in 17, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 27, 29, 30, and 31.
Still less does it distinguish faith as the means "through" [dia] which, as in 4, 7, 33.
Here (verse 13), if we say "in," we mean according to [kata] faith, contrasted with sight or possession of the things promised. What indeed would be the sense of saying that "by" or "through" faith all these died?
Nor is it "in" i.e. in virtue of faith, but according to [kata] faith as in verse 7 of our chapter, where the precisely same phrase occurs [that is, in v.7c]. [...] Conformity with faith is here predicated of Abraham and those patriarchs that followed, not for perseverance to the end though this was the fact, but in being content to wait for God's fulfilling the promises in due time.

"According to [kata] faith died these all, not having received promises, but from afar having seen and saluted [or, embraced] them, and confessed that they were ["are," historical] strangers and sojourners on the earth [or, land]. For they that say such things clearly show that they seek after a fatherland. And if indeed they were* calling to mind whence they went out, they would have had opportunity to return; but now they desire a better, that is, a heavenly. Wherefore God is not ashamed of them to be called their God; for he prepared for them a city" (verses 13-16).
[...]
The aim in these verses is to present vividly that common pilgrim path in which the patriarchs walked, even to their death, before the Spirit takes up characteristic workings of faith, even in Abraham as well as in each of those that followed, as far as it bore on the subject in hand and the special help of those virtually addressed. How timely and needful it must have been we may gather, because they expand the truth already set forth briefly in verses 9, 10.

Neither death, nor the unseen state that succeeds, was the accomplishment of the promises. On the contrary their death without receiving what was promised was in accordance [kata] with faith, and the witness of its single-eyed integrity. And the accomplishment of the promises supposed, what they could not as yet understand any more than anticipate, the second advent of the Lord even more than the first, although the first was the far more solemn in itself, and the righteous basis of the blessings and glories which await the second. Hence the force of our Lord's word in John 8:56, "Abraham rejoiced that he should see my day, and he saw and was glad." Neither technically nor substantially was the first [advent] mainly in view as has been thought, but that day when God's word and oath shall be vindicated before a wondering and rejoicing world. The patristic dream, which some dream over again, [i.e. the supposition] that it refers to what Abraham beheld after death when our Lord was here, is as unwarranted a perversion as the Socinian interpretation which Meyer justly stigmatises [...]. The design of our Lord and of that chapter is to prove Himself the Light and Word and Son and God Himself; and hence the contrast between Abraham who believed and his seed who did not. Whatever glimpse Abraham may have had of the truth to which the sacrifice on Moriah pointed, it was to the full accomplishment of the promise he looked, and saw by faith what still awaits fulfilment, the period of Christ's manifested glory, "My day." In this hope brightly breaking through the clouds Abraham exulted, and he saw, as faith ever sees, and rejoiced. He, like the rest, saw the promises in their accomplishment from afar off.

And so died these all in accordance with faith as they lived, looking forward to Messiah's day for making good the promises.

--William Kelly, Commentary on Hebrews 11 (From BibleHub) - https://biblehub.com/commentaries/kelly/hebrews/11.htm

[end quoting; bold, underline, and some bracketed inserts mine (in BLUE)--including the particular Greek words he's referring to--; parentheses and some brackets original]

bottom line: the phrase "these [G3778] all died according to faith" refers to those in vv.8-12, in particular.

[end quoting that post]

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
God is the God of the living, not the dead. Believers don't die, from Adam to present. All believers are taken out of their earthly bodied prior to the death of the body, just like Enoch. Enoch was an example of how believers leave this world.

The other questions are great questions but unfortunately I don't have anything to offer.
by 'died' i meant the body, only, of course. but it's good for you to point out my poor vocabulary & in so doing reinforce the truth :)

i have a thread going about Moses & Elijah being the two at the transfiguration -- didn't realize you had been talking about Enoch's body, that's fantastic - my pastor has for probably 6 months now, in our Joel study, been hovering around the topic of Moses' body; all these things are interrelated but he hasn't mentioned Enoch yet. it's interesting that you've had parts of the same puzzle on your mind at the same time.