What Happens if Someone Who Claims to be “Born Again”

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 4, 2020
According to God, anyone who chooses heresy is a Heretic.
Okay I'll just not choose heresy then and I never have chosen it so I guess I'm good on that front.

John 9:41
41Jesus said unto them, If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Do you believe God gives us the right to commit sins?
Being able to do something does not mean you have a right to do that thing.

Are you able to choose to sin? Who gives us the ability to choose?

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Which sin or sins against God do you believe He gives us the right to commit.
your going in a circle she asked you to define heresy , you said it’s any sin against god

consider what she said and your response Heresy is a pericularly destructive sin to the church itself a direct offense designed to pull people from Christs word

there’s no shame on acknowledging that you had a wrong thought , it’s how we learn the right ones

what is your point though ? Are you simply saying “ sin is unacceptable to god “? I agree with that part I think several do it’s just the definition of heresy you have that’s thrown by me off

sin is not acceptable to God I think we agree there the difference is this part I’m not sure your grasping the difference in this testament and it’s purpose

“Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God. Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭3:19-20‬ ‭KJV‬‬

no one can be saved by looking at sin or gaining knowledge of sin it’s only ever going to make a person guilty of sin I don’t think your realizing the repentance and remission of sins part

This is our testament

“Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures, and said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day: and that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. And ye are witnesses of these things.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭24:45-

repentance and then also remission of sins not imputing sins against us like e law but calling us to repent of sin and have the blood of Jesus wash them away through repentance and confession

“If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth: but if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.”
‭‭1 John‬ ‭1:6-10‬ ‭KJV‬‬

in the ot people couldn’t repent because to sin meant a death sentance you sin you die the end

in Christ we have repentance and Gods forbearance which allows us to make mistakes and repent and be forgiven when we do there’s a huge difference in the new and Old Testament your thinking along the lines of Moses

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
Amen and also we don’t want to fall into the trap of thinking everyone is heretical
But ourself and end up judging and condemning people because we aren’t understanding what they say

heretic isn’t a label we should throw around because it is basically saying the person is a servant of the devil a false teacher intent on corrupting the church and leading people away from Christ to destruction

if we stick to Christ and the gospel we’re always going to be sticking to the truth if we start omitting what he said to create a doctrine that seems appealing we need a course correction asap

often we label based on our own thoughts “ of anyone doesn’t agree with me they are a heretic because I’m of God I speak only the truth “ we can’t have that thinking we need to all be the students
I agree, but we shouldn't be afraid of calling a spade a spade either when it's necessary. A lot of heretics don't like it when you call them a heretic and want you to shut up and go away. This shouldn't be surprising.

RaceRunner

Oct 13, 2022
your going in a circle she asked you to define heresy , you said it’s any sin against god

consider what she said and your response Heresy is a pericularly destructive sin to the church itself a direct offense designed to pull people from Christs word

there’s no shame on acknowledging that you had a wrong thought , it’s how we learn the right ones

what is your point though ? Are you simply saying “ sin is unacceptable to god “? I agree with that part I think several do it’s just the definition of heresy you have that’s thrown by me off

sin is not acceptable to God I think we agree there the difference is this part I’m not sure your grasping the difference in this testament and it’s purpose

“Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God. Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭3:19-20‬ ‭KJV‬‬

no one can be saved by looking at sin or gaining knowledge of sin it’s only ever going to make a person guilty of sin I don’t think your realizing the repentance and remission of sins part

This is our testament

“Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures, and said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day: and that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. And ye are witnesses of these things.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭24:45-

repentance and then also remission of sins not imputing sins against us like e law but calling us to repent of sin and have the blood of Jesus wash them away through repentance and confession

“If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth: but if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.”
‭‭1 John‬ ‭1:6-10‬ ‭KJV‬‬

in the ot people couldn’t repent because to sin meant a death sentance you sin you die the end

in Christ we have repentance and Gods forbearance which allows us to make mistakes and repent and be forgiven when we do there’s a huge difference in the new and Old Testament your thinking along the lines of Moses
For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, 27 but a certain fearful expectation of judgment, and fiery indignation which will devour the adversaries.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for
sins, 27 but a certain fearful expectation of judgment, and fiery indignation which will devour the adversaries.

1 John 4:18

Dec 9, 2011
If someone is truly born again, there is no need for repentance.
If a person doesn’t renew their mind will they go to heaven?
In Romans 12 It says by the mercies of GOD present your bodies a living sacrifice which Is your reasonable service and not to be conformed to the world but be transformed by the renewing of your mind,If a person doesn’t do that will they go to heaven?

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
According to God, anyone who chooses heresy is a Heretic.
It's silly to claim "According to God" when your claim is not in the Bible... anywhere.

Try defining "heretic" as you understand it, without using the word "heresy" (or vice versa). Give us actual examples along with your definition. You're dancing around this and expecting others to play along. Step up, or step out.

RaceRunner

Oct 13, 2022
It's silly to claim "According to God" when your claim is not in the Bible... anywhere.

Try defining "heresy" as you understand it, without using the word "heresy" (or vice versa). Give us actual examples along with your definition. You're dancing around this and expecting others to play along. Step up, or step out.
God defines "heresey" in the Bible as anything contrary to sound doctrine.

9 knowing this: that the law is not made for a righteous person, but for the lawless and insubordinate, for the ungodly and for sinners, for the unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers, 10 for fornicators, for sodomites, for kidnappers, for liars, for perjurers, and if there is any other thing that is [a]contrary to sound doctrine, 11 according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God which was committed to my trust.
2 Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching. 3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; 4 and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables.
8 but hospitable, a lover of what is good, sober-minded, just, holy, self-controlled, 9 holding fast the faithful word as he has been taught, that he may be able, by sound doctrine, both to exhort and convict those who contradict.
But as for you, speak the things which are proper for sound doctrine:

Bob-Carabbio

Jun 24, 2020
This is a convoluted way of saying there's no such thing as a heresy or heretics.
Except, of course, in the ABSOLUTE there IS "Heresy". In the visible church, "Orthodoxy" only means: "what we've always believed".

Bob-Carabbio

Jun 24, 2020
Do you believe someone who is a "Heretic" according to God can believe in Jesus?
Of course. The devil and his agents believe in Jesus.

The QUESTION IS: "Do they have FAITH in the SIN OFFERING of Jesus to cleanse them from SIN.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
I agree, but we shouldn't be afraid of calling a spade a spade either when it's necessary. A lot of heretics don't like it when you call them a heretic and want you to shut up and go away. This shouldn't be surprising.
yes I agree , but what I’m saying is we need to all define heresy the same way for that to actually be applicable we don’t

so many chrirtians think in them is the whole truth and nothing but the truth and if they think something anything else is heresy we subjectively judge it based only on our own minute understanding

So for instance if anyone is saying you don’t need to repent sin is okay now youll Never perish now “

We know that’s heresy because we heard the truth

“I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭13:3‬ ‭KJV‬‬

what I mean is if we want to “call
Out a heresy “ amkng the church we need to all define heresy the same way and understand what it means and how to correct it

we also Have to distinguish between a false teacher , and someone trying to discuss scripture they acknolwedge they don’t fully understand heresy has to be someone claiming to be speaking Gods word and insisting they are a teacher or prophet with some distinguished calling to teach

sometimes in this forum most times actually we’re just having discussions about things we understand differently and we are t claiming to be a teacher at all but are just in a forum discussing the scriptire and have strong opinions as we discuss sometimes what we say is taken out of context and then made to be some false teacher when that’s not ever what someone’s claiming to be themselves

I totally agree that if we see someone spreading a lie and claiming it’s of God we need to speak up subs not necessarily cknromt or anything but just put the truth out there with what hey said so people see the difference and have the choice to choose what Jesus taught or what the heretic is saying

anywhere you have the true gospel spoken you’ll also have opposing ideas and understandings spoken to constradoct ever since the fruit in Eden

Gos said “ the fruit will kill you don’t eat that particular fruit but your free to eat of all and all things are yours “

Then Satan said “ no the fruit won’t harm you it will make you wise and great like gods “

now they had a choice of what God said or what thier enemy said though they were unaware we are not we are well o formed and enabled to choose Christ and his word of life

it’s the same with the gospel Jesus sent this word out

“And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭28:18-20‬ ‭KJV‬‬

whether you get specific like Matthew or general Like mark

“And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭16:15-16‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Jesus sent this witness out

“And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭24:14‬ ‭KJV‬‬

since then Satan has been saying “ no that’s not true that doesn’t apply anymore to you listen to
My ways instead hear my word instead this isn’t for you

“Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.”
‭‭John‬ ‭5:24‬ ‭KJV‬‬

listen to me instead I’ll tell you how to be saved and have eternal Life

this isn’t for you

“And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say? Whosoever cometh to me, and heareth my sayings, and doeth them, I will shew you to whom he is like: he is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock. But he that heareth, and doeth not, is like a man that without a foundation built an house upon the earth; against which the stream did beat vehemently, and immediately it fell; and the ruin of that house was great.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭6:46-49‬ ‭

“listen to me instead your saved by grace through faith that has nothing to do with what Jesus said “

that’s all Satan can do now is convince us to not believe what Jesus said will
Save us heresy is anything trying to convince us the gospel Jesus spoke isn’t for us or isnt how to be saved

Snacks

Feb 10, 2022
The person I am referring to who claims to be "Born Again" but, is actually a Heretic is refusing God's grace.
Sadly you just described half the people on this chat site. My advice to you is pray for them.

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
yes I agree , but what I’m saying is we need to all define heresy the same way for that to actually be applicable we don’t

so many chrirtians think in them is the whole truth and nothing but the truth and if they think something anything else is heresy we subjectively judge it based only on our own minute understanding

So for instance if anyone is saying you don’t need to repent sin is okay now youll Never perish now “

We know that’s heresy because we heard the truth

“I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭13:3‬ ‭KJV‬‬

what I mean is if we want to “call
Out a heresy “ amkng the church we need to all define heresy the same way and understand what it means and how to correct it

we also Have to distinguish between a false teacher , and someone trying to discuss scripture they acknolwedge they don’t fully understand heresy has to be someone claiming to be speaking Gods word and insisting they are a teacher or prophet with some distinguished calling to teach

sometimes in this forum most times actually we’re just having discussions about things we understand differently and we are t claiming to be a teacher at all but are just in a forum discussing the scriptire and have strong opinions as we discuss sometimes what we say is taken out of context and then made to be some false teacher when that’s not ever what someone’s claiming to be themselves

I totally agree that if we see someone spreading a lie and claiming it’s of God we need to speak up subs not necessarily cknromt or anything but just put the truth out there with what hey said so people see the difference and have the choice to choose what Jesus taught or what the heretic is saying

anywhere you have the true gospel spoken you’ll also have opposing ideas and understandings spoken to constradoct ever since the fruit in Eden

Gos said “ the fruit will kill you don’t eat that particular fruit but your free to eat of all and all things are yours “

Then Satan said “ no the fruit won’t harm you it will make you wise and great like gods “

now they had a choice of what God said or what thier enemy said though they were unaware we are not we are well o formed and enabled to choose Christ and his word of life

it’s the same with the gospel Jesus sent this word out

“And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭28:18-20‬ ‭KJV‬‬

whether you get specific like Matthew or general Like mark

“And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭16:15-16‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Jesus sent this witness out

“And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭24:14‬ ‭KJV‬‬

since then Satan has been saying “ no that’s not true that doesn’t apply anymore to you listen to
My ways instead hear my word instead this isn’t for you

“Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.”
‭‭John‬ ‭5:24‬ ‭KJV‬‬

listen to me instead I’ll tell you how to be saved and have eternal Life

this isn’t for you

“And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say? Whosoever cometh to me, and heareth my sayings, and doeth them, I will shew you to whom he is like: he is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock. But he that heareth, and doeth not, is like a man that without a foundation built an house upon the earth; against which the stream did beat vehemently, and immediately it fell; and the ruin of that house was great.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭6:46-49‬ ‭

“listen to me instead your saved by grace through faith that has nothing to do with what Jesus said “

that’s all Satan can do now is convince us to not believe what Jesus said will
Save us heresy is anything trying to convince us the gospel Jesus spoke isn’t for us or isnt how to be saved
Way too much information.

RaceRunner

Oct 13, 2022
I am wondering if the majority of heretics are heretics by choice, or is it just a lack of understanding and discernment.