What happens to or where is lake of fire?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Melach

Mar 28, 2019
brethren, do not be deceived into christadelphian ideas of soul-sleep. absent from the body present with the Lord these words were penned down under the inspiration of the Spirit of God by the apostle paul. read the story of rich man and lazarus.

but friends what is the danger of soul-sleep doctrine? false sense of security. the church has rejected soul-sleep from apostolic time, remain steadfast in the doctrine we have received friends.

Dec 12, 2013
The verbiage. Yes :giggle: Dead is dead, not alive somewhere being torured by a just, good, merciful and loving God :)
Except for the fact that Jesus called people that weree very much alive, dead.....

Let the dead bury the dead...........!!

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I reckons its where the dead sea is. Its more of a lake and...it could be burning. It has a history of fire and brimstone.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
brethren, do not be deceived into christadelphian ideas of soul-sleep. absent from the body present with the Lord these words were penned down under the inspiration of the Spirit of God by the apostle paul. read the story of rich man and lazarus.

but friends what is the danger of soul-sleep doctrine? false sense of security. the church has rejected soul-sleep from apostolic time, remain steadfast in the doctrine we have received friends.
When I go to sleep at night: Presto! It is suddenly morning! Happens every time. giggle.gif

preston39

Dec 18, 2017
For what it is worth;
I believe the sun is the lake of fire. But, we see there is a new heaven and new earth. (as in been cleansed)
I believe the sun will always shine.
The Bible speaks of it in terms of...forever and forever.
I offer no direct scripture in support of that conclusion, however.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Except for the fact that Jesus called people that weree very much alive, dead.....

Let the dead bury the dead...........!!
Oy, rightly dividing the Word of God means making a distinction between spiritually dead to God as in lost, and physically dead, as in buried and gone. The two are right there in the very verse you cite!

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015

Paul THE APOSTLE taught soul sleep. Jesus ALSO referred to death as sleep. Wakie wakie!!!!

This is why it is said: “Wake up, sleeper, rise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you.” Eph 5:14

Brothers and sisters, we do not want you to be uninformed about those who sleep
in death, so that you do not grieve like the rest of mankind, who have no hope.
1 Thes 4:13

Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed— 1 Cor 15:51

After he
(JESUS) had said this, he went on to tell them, “Our friend Lazarus has fallen asleep; but I am going there to wake him up.” His disciples replied, “Lord, if he sleeps, he will get better.” Jesus had been speaking of his death, but his disciples thought he meant natural sleep. John 11:11-13

Mar 29, 2019
So all this time I pictured this lake of fire somewhere on the earth in the future. Then death and hell and all who oppose God are tossed in at the closing of revelations 20. Then the first verse of 21 states he sees a new heaven and new earth because the old one passed away. So does that mean the lake of fire with all of the inhabitants are also gone?

Your are correct. Don't be deceived, Jesus has shown you through his Word

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
For what it is worth;
I believe the sun is the lake of fire. But, we see there is a new heaven and new earth. (as in been cleansed)
I believe the sun will always shine.
The Bible speaks of it in terms of...forever and forever.
I offer no direct scripture in support of that conclusion, however.
There are scriptural references that the earth will always be around also.

Psalms 78:69 "And he built his sanctuary like high palaces, like the earth which he hath established for ever."

Psalms 104:5
"Who laid the foundations of the earth, that it should not be removed for ever."

New heavens and new earth can be construed to mean made over (or rebuilt). :cool:

Mar 29, 2019
There are scriptural references that the earth will always be around also.

Psalms 78:69 "And he built his sanctuary like high palaces, like the earth which he hath established for ever."

Psalms 104:5
"Who laid the foundations of the earth, that it should not be removed for ever."

New heavens and new earth can be construed to mean made over (or rebuilt). :cool:

Both of you are wrong and speak not the truth but lies. Read the Bible (KJV) learn the truth. Ask Jesus to dwell in you and become the temple of the Lord

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
My bad migo....there is no point necessarily other than Whatsoever God does, it is everlasting, nothing added or taken away and God does this so men may fear before him....Ecclesiastes 3
Sodom’s fiery judgment is ‘eternal’ (Jude 7) – until… God ‘will restore the fortunes of Sodom’ (Eze. 16:53-55).

Israel’s ‘affliction is incurable’ (Jeremiah 30:12) – until… the Lord ‘will restore health’ and heal her wounds (Jeremiah 30:17).

The sin of Samaria ‘is incurable’ (Micah 1:9) – until… Lord ‘will restore the fortunes of Samaria.’ (Ez. 16:53).

Ammon is to become a ‘wasteland forever’ and ‘rise no more’ (Zephaniah 2:9, Jeremiah 25:27) – until… the Lord will ‘restore the fortunes of the Ammonites’ (Jeremiah 49:6).

An Ammonite or Moabite is forbidden to enter the Lord’s congregation ‘forever’ – until… the tenth generation (Deuteronomy 23:3).

Habakkuk tells us of mountains that were ‘everlasting’, that is – until… they ‘were shattered’ (Habakkuk 3 3:6).

The Aaronic Priesthood was to be an ‘everlasting’ priesthood (Exodus 40:15), that is – until… it was superceded by the Melchizedek Priesthood (Hebrews 7:14-18).

Many translations of the Bible inform us that God would dwell in Solomon’s Temple ‘forever’ (1 Kings 8:13), that is – until… the Temple was destroyed.

The Law of Moses was to be an ‘everlasting covenant’ (Leviticus 24:8), yet we read in the New Covenant the first was ‘done away’ and ‘abolished’ (2 Corinthians 3:11,13), and God ‘made the first old’ (Hebrews 8:13).

The fire for Israel’s sin offering (of a ram without blemish) is never to be put out. It shall be a ‘perpetual’ – until… Christ, the Lamb of God, dies for our sins. We now have a better covenant established on better promises (Leviticus 6:12-13, Hebrews 8:6-13).

God’s waves of wrath roll over Jonah ‘forever’ – until… the Lord delivers him from the large fish’s belly on the third day (Jonah 2:6,10; 1:17).

Egypt and Elam will ‘rise no more’ (Jeremiah 25:27) – until… the Lord will ‘restore the fortunes of Egypt’ (Ezekiel 29:14) and ‘restore the fortunes of Elam’ (Jeremiah 49:39).

‘Moab is destroyed’ (Jeremiah 48:4, 42) – until… the Lord ‘will restore the fortunes of Moab’ (Jeremiah 48:47).

Israel’s judgment lasts ‘forever’ – until… the Spirit is poured out and God restores it (Isaiah 32:13-15).

The King James Bible, as well as many others, tells us that a bondslave was to serve his master ‘forever’ (Exodus 21:6), that is – until… his death.”

Dec 12, 2013
Oy, rightly dividing the Word of God means making a distinction between spiritually dead to God as in lost, and physically dead, as in buried and gone. The two are right there in the very verse you cite!
Obviously and proves my point......One called dead is not necessarily oblivious and or out of existence

Dec 12, 2013
Sodom’s fiery judgment is ‘eternal’ (Jude 7) – until… God ‘will restore the fortunes of Sodom’ (Eze. 16:53-55).

Israel’s ‘affliction is incurable’ (Jeremiah 30:12) – until… the Lord ‘will restore health’ and heal her wounds (Jeremiah 30:17).

The sin of Samaria ‘is incurable’ (Micah 1:9) – until… Lord ‘will restore the fortunes of Samaria.’ (Ez. 16:53).

Ammon is to become a ‘wasteland forever’ and ‘rise no more’ (Zephaniah 2:9, Jeremiah 25:27) – until… the Lord will ‘restore the fortunes of the Ammonites’ (Jeremiah 49:6).

An Ammonite or Moabite is forbidden to enter the Lord’s congregation ‘forever’ – until… the tenth generation (Deuteronomy 23:3).

Habakkuk tells us of mountains that were ‘everlasting’, that is – until… they ‘were shattered’ (Habakkuk 3 3:6).

The Aaronic Priesthood was to be an ‘everlasting’ priesthood (Exodus 40:15), that is – until… it was superceded by the Melchizedek Priesthood (Hebrews 7:14-18).

Many translations of the Bible inform us that God would dwell in Solomon’s Temple ‘forever’ (1 Kings 8:13), that is – until… the Temple was destroyed.

The Law of Moses was to be an ‘everlasting covenant’ (Leviticus 24:8), yet we read in the New Covenant the first was ‘done away’ and ‘abolished’ (2 Corinthians 3:11,13), and God ‘made the first old’ (Hebrews 8:13).

The fire for Israel’s sin offering (of a ram without blemish) is never to be put out. It shall be a ‘perpetual’ – until… Christ, the Lamb of God, dies for our sins. We now have a better covenant established on better promises (Leviticus 6:12-13, Hebrews 8:6-13).

God’s waves of wrath roll over Jonah ‘forever’ – until… the Lord delivers him from the large fish’s belly on the third day (Jonah 2:6,10; 1:17).

Egypt and Elam will ‘rise no more’ (Jeremiah 25:27) – until… the Lord will ‘restore the fortunes of Egypt’ (Ezekiel 29:14) and ‘restore the fortunes of Elam’ (Jeremiah 49:39).

‘Moab is destroyed’ (Jeremiah 48:4, 42) – until… the Lord ‘will restore the fortunes of Moab’ (Jeremiah 48:47).

Israel’s judgment lasts ‘forever’ – until… the Spirit is poured out and God restores it (Isaiah 32:13-15).

The King James Bible, as well as many others, tells us that a bondslave was to serve his master ‘forever’ (Exodus 21:6), that is – until… his death.”
None of that proves your point that hell and lake of fire are not literal and or everlasting.......

Mar 29, 2019
They sure are literal
Matthew 10:28
“And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.”

that would be the lake of fire

Mar 29, 2019
Matthew 10:28
“And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.”

that would be the lake of fire

And yes everlasting
Daniel 12:2

“And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame andeverlasting contempt.”
King James Version (KJV)

stop the deception

Dec 12, 2013
They sure are literal
Oh I agree......Magenta and I agree on many things.....her view of hell and the lake of fire is not one of those things......and if one is annihilated and knows nothing after death there is no need to fear being killed and cast into hell.......The bible is clear....so is the smoke of their torment ascending forever......

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
None of that proves your point that hell and lake of fire are not literal and or everlasting.......
I said nothing about hell and/or the lake of fire not being literal. Just showing you that when the word forever is used, it does not always mean without end :)

Mar 29, 2019
I said nothing about hell and/or the lake of fire not being literal. Just showing you that when the word forever is used, it does not always mean without end :)

Forever is forever ... Stop the private interpretation of the Bible