What has CC taught you!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

Miri

I was thinking about this on my way to work - like you do. Lol

Well it’s taught me:

- to think outside the box.

- see beneath the surface.

- that there are 3 sides to every story ours, theirs, Gods!

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
CC has taught me some people like to argue so much that it doesn't matter to them what side of the argument they are on. They just love arguing.

CC has taught me some people are good people even though I don't agree with what they think. Which I already knew, but there are some good examples here.

CC has taught me to ignore people without using the ignore button. I never did use that button, but now I can ignore some people anyway.

G

Godsgirl83

Through interactions with people around the world, CC has taught me things about other parts of the world that no history/geography class ever has or would.......

CC has given me a new vocabulary (thanks to all the word play games.....)

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I was thinking about this on my way to work - like you do. Lol

Well it’s taught me:

- to think outside the box.

- see beneath the surface.

- that there are 3 sides to every story ours, theirs, Gods!
I would have to say that I agree with you about the 3 sides to every story.

I believe that the people here are real and not merely virtual that can be painlessly deleted at any time. I also believe that the people here have feelings and emotions, and at times have moments of anxiety and possibly occasional bouts of depression. Everyone here is struggling, sometimes a little and sometimes a lot in their spiritual walk with the Lord. I also believe that most people here genuinely care for each other and offer counsel, prayer, and encouragement with good intentions.

In other words, what this site has taught me is that the people here are really just like me. Each one of us has a story to tell and I have tried to tell mine over a period of months and years since I have been a member of this site and appreciate the candor and honesty in those members that have allowed themselves to become vulnerable so that others can see who they really are and what they are about.

What CC has taught me is that we are family here.

M

Miri

It’s also taught me that there are
far too many “isms” and “ologies”in the world. 😉

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Well i learned something years ago from posting in other forums. The old saying is true when it comes to the Word of God..

""You can lead a horse to water, But you cannot make him drink.""

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
I have learned that this place is just like other places, full of wonderful and dynamic ppl, with a bunch of opinions. However, some here, like everywhere else, are unkind, unforgiving and prideful. I have learned thinking the very best of ppl is good, but sometimes it has proven delusional, lol.

Ppl can be hard on each other and themselves, but there is priceless loyalty here that can be really touching to witness.

I have learned that like everywhere else, there are some more different than others, that everyone is doing their best to do their best, even if it doesn't always appear as such. I have learned that sometimes the nicest of ppl are sometimes not so nice.

I have learned that I enjoy being here, probably too much. I have learned that loving ppl where they are is something we all struggle with sometimes. However, in spite of that, I have learned that this place is full of many lovable, funny, creative and oh so interesting ppl.

I thank my Lord for this place and for the family in Christ here.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
It’s also taught me that there are
far too many “isms” and “ologies”in the world. 😉
Hahaha....so true, Arminianism, Calvinism, Molinism, free-will libertarianism, all have me 🤯...helppppppism is what I need, lol.

G

Godsgirl83

:LOL: in addition to learning of all theses "ism's"
Arminianism, Calvinism, Molinism, free-will libertarianism,
etc... etc.....
these are also some of those new words/vocabulary I was mentioning above.......

M

Miri

I’ve learnt that pants, biscuit and bap mean something completely
different in other parts of the world.

Also that some parts of the world don’t know how to spell colour
properly! Hahaha

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I have learned poutine is a wonderful thing.

G

Godsgirl83

I've learned that Vegemite IS a real thing (heard it mentioned in cartoons before)
AND that I have no intention on ever trying it.......

love_comes_softly

Feb 13, 2019
I have learned through the years of being here off and on that my own experiences and thoughts and opinions have changed at times. It’s fun to see what the younger me thought about certain topics. Some are the exact same today and others are not.

I have learned that people have strong opinions and we don’t always agree, but behind those opinions are real people. People with an endless variety of backgrounds. We are to love them and sometimes loving them means not reacting.

I have learned that God uses the least expected things to teach us and “grow us”.

M

Miri

I learnt the Earth is flat and Columbus sailed off the edge! 🤣🤣

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
CC taught me to use emojis more.
Also that english is such a diverse language...theres hundreds of different Bible versions in english alone, let alone other languages.

Isms are a topic to avoid.

Everyone has had an encounter with Jesus and relates to Jesus or wants to get to know Him better.

Most of us have gone through tough stuff but God has seen us through...His arm is mighty to save.

CC used to be an acronym for corn chips when I was young. The ad was 'only CCs es tasting like theese' in a cheesy mexican accent. They were meant to be spicier than any other chips.

CCs are no longer sold under that name and seem to have been replaced by Doritos.