What Hobbies Do You Enjoy?

  • Thread starter Thread starter CaptainGoat
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

CaptainGoat

Guest
Hobbies.
How about model railroading?
Stamp collecting?
Collecting model cars?
Knitting?
Sailing?
 
One was stamp collecting as a child. There was much to learn from that little thing from different countries, sometimes smaller than a square inch. Geography, peoples, wildlife, events, art... like the internet in a way, but less hurtful to the eyes-).
 
Currently, my only hobby is reading. Oh, and the occasional video game too.

Other things I used to do through the years included:

Building lightsaber replicas with electronics, rechargeable battery packs, polycarbonate blades

Tying lures for fly fishing

Sketching and watercolor painting
 
Practicing music (bass guitar).
Reading.
Podcasts.
Hiking, or casual strolls outdoors.
Fixing computarz.
Escapism.

─ Not exactly in that order.
 
Medieval reenactment . Yea real swords and armor. was fun but I don't recommend it I don't compete anymore ,my health insurance refused to cover my last visit to the ER .
pencil drawing
Painting ( watercolor ) no patiences for oil or acrylic they take to long to complete.
Reading .
Blessings
Bill
 
Some hobbies include a great many skills and aspects to learn. For example model railroading includes many different skills. For example, historical research, photography, tech drawing, 3D art along with 2D art, woodworking, metalworking and various resins, plastics, foams and card/paper (Paper maché), kit building, scratchbuilding, soldering and electronics, computer control, digital command control etc, lathe work, casting work etc. Many different aspects of the same hobby which can be as simple or as complex as the individual prefers.
 
Right now, reading and posting on CC is my hobby. It's certainly entertaining and at times spiritually uplifting.
 
I am a rhythm game expert, and play rhythm games several times daily. I wanna be like this in the future...

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=I8pQsSTj3Tk[/video]
 
I face paint. :D

imagejpeg


I have been an artist since I was a kid .. love singing sometimes playing instruments.
 
My hobby is reading about other people's hobbies on social media.
It makes me feel like I've accomplished something.

I also like to take selfies of me reading other people's hobbies.
 
My hobby is reading about other people's hobbies on social media.
It makes me feel like I've accomplished something.

I also like to take selfies of me reading other people's hobbies.



I like to read about other people reading about other people's hobbies.


But I draw the line at selfies.
 
Some hobbies include a great many skills and aspects to learn. For example model railroading includes many different skills. For example, historical research, photography, tech drawing, 3D art along with 2D art, woodworking, metalworking and various resins, plastics, foams and card/paper (Paper maché), kit building, scratchbuilding, soldering and electronics, computer control, digital command control etc, lathe work, casting work etc. Many different aspects of the same hobby which can be as simple or as complex as the individual prefers.

I have to say that I try to make what I can myself to save money. I would show pics but they are on another site. To save money I use narrow gauge.
 
Currently, my only hobby is reading. Oh, and the occasional video game too.

Other things I used to do through the years included:

Building lightsaber replicas with electronics, rechargeable battery packs, polycarbonate blades

Tying lures for fly fishing

Sketching and watercolor painting
You should share some of ur works and bless (and teach, incl me) others. Now i look back, i can only vaguely remember drawing and painting but very rare, the latter. I do not know abt the replicas, etc.=)
 
You should share some of ur works and bless (and teach, incl me) others. Now i look back, i can only vaguely remember drawing and painting but very rare, the latter. I do not know abt the replicas, etc.=)

I would, but currently the only things in my book are of "occult" things, and probably not something I care to share on CC, given how overly sensitive some folks here are about...anything. It's bad enough to be a fringe member here with an "unsure" as my spiritual status, but I know sharing photos of my watercolors would open me up to a slew of comments I just don't care to entertain.
 
If you can paint occult stuff, you can turn your talents to Godly stuff. :) Don't be concerned about past. God can turn a past without Him and make it to be a future with Him! Your talents and skills can easily be put to good use for His service. :) And it is fun! The fun of revealing a picture of something amazing!