What I believe summarized

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 30, 2020
How about a thread where you can express your belief without rebuttle. I would like to know where most of the people on CC are coming from in their point of view of Scripture. Lets take a survey with just likes so that we can get an idea of which expressed beliefs are popular. Let's number each belief and remember no rebuttles and just likes. I'll start and hopefully others will follow. You don't have to supply scripture, just your belief.

Belief #1 A. I believe in intelligent design and that God exists and communicates with humans through the Bible. God is a spirit and has always existed with no beginning and no end. He is the only one of His kind. He is a personal being with a mind and heart and will. The beginning starts when He forms another Spirit being ( possibly from His own essence) with his own mind, heart, and will. It is through this Spirit being that all things are made. He is the First and only being directly created by God and there we get to call God the Father and His created being the Son. The Father gives His Son the power to perform through His Spirit. The Son is called Jehovah, the Word, Jesus, Christ, Lord. AS the first and only Son, He inherits ( just like old Hebrew tradition) the Father's love and blessings. The Father and Son share a special love for each other.
B. The Father operates as a spirit and communicates with His Son by accessing His Son's being with His Spirit. That is how the Father communicates with all created beings. Have you ever wondered, " How does God know what everyone thinks and feels? " The Father places His Son above all creation and therefore is our God as well as the God of the Old Testament. Everything that the Son says or does is directed by the Father through the Father's Spirit.
C. In the Father's house there are many mansions or kingdoms. The Father resides where His Spirit exists. All that are in heaven are baptized in His name and received His Spirit.
D. Where there is no law, there is no transgression. When Adam and Eve ate the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, they not only sinned because they disobeyed, but also condemned their posterity with this knowledge. That is why the law is considered a curse because we cannot keep this law of conscience and we are all born with it. We are all condemned as soon as we are born.
E. In the Father's kingdom there is perfect justice and mercy. The choices for the Father are: to condemn all, to save all, or to save a few. If all are condemned to hell, then there would not be any mercy. If all are saved, then there would not be any justice and lawlessness would result. His only choice is to save a few, which He does throughout history.
F. The Father's plan of salvation is to instill in the sinner repentance for sins committed so that the sinner turns to God for forgiveness and strength to overcome. This happens when the sinner is baptized in the name of the Father which will be followed by baptism in the name of the Son when He believes in the Father's plan for the forgivenesss of sins through Jesus. The sinner then gets baptized in the name of the Holy Spirit in order to get perfected so that He can enter heaven.
G. Jesus was perfect and did not deserve to die. When He died on the cross, life was owed to him and He gives this life to those that believe that His death on the cross means forgiveness of sins. Jesus died for everyone but the Father chooses who He will baptize into His family.
H. When baptized in the name of the Holy Spirit of the Father, the person is filled with the same kind of love that is shared by the Father and Son. When your motive is love for every thought and deed, you are obeying the Spirit of the Law. Without this love your deeds are worthless and you are considered a " child of disobedience. Jesus simplified the commandments when He said to love God first and also your neighbors ( including your enemies).

Dec 30, 2020
I'm not afraid to state what I believe. Are you? You don't have to quote Scripture, but what you believe has to be based on your interpretation of Scripture. Be brave.

bluto

Aug 4, 2016
How about a thread where you can express your belief without rebuttle. I would like to know where most of the people on CC are coming from in their point of view of Scripture. Lets take a survey with just likes so that we can get an idea of which expressed beliefs are popular. Let's number each belief and remember no rebuttles and just likes. I'll start and hopefully others will follow. You don't have to supply scripture, just your belief.

Belief #1 A. I believe in intelligent design and that God exists and communicates with humans through the Bible. God is a spirit and has always existed with no beginning and no end. He is the only one of His kind. He is a personal being with a mind and heart and will. The beginning starts when He forms another Spirit being ( possibly from His own essence) with his own mind, heart, and will. It is through this Spirit being that all things are made. He is the First and only being directly created by God and there we get to call God the Father and His created being the Son. The Father gives His Son the power to perform through His Spirit. The Son is called Jehovah, the Word, Jesus, Christ, Lord. AS the first and only Son, He inherits ( just like old Hebrew tradition) the Father's love and blessings. The Father and Son share a special love for each other.
B. The Father operates as a spirit and communicates with His Son by accessing His Son's being with His Spirit. That is how the Father communicates with all created beings. Have you ever wondered, " How does God know what everyone thinks and feels? " The Father places His Son above all creation and therefore is our God as well as the God of the Old Testament. Everything that the Son says or does is directed by the Father through the Father's Spirit.
C. In the Father's house there are many mansions or kingdoms. The Father resides where His Spirit exists. All that are in heaven are baptized in His name and received His Spirit.
D. Where there is no law, there is no transgression. When Adam and Eve ate the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, they not only sinned because they disobeyed, but also condemned their posterity with this knowledge. That is why the law is considered a curse because we cannot keep this law of conscience and we are all born with it. We are all condemned as soon as we are born.
E. In the Father's kingdom there is perfect justice and mercy. The choices for the Father are: to condemn all, to save all, or to save a few. If all are condemned to hell, then there would not be any mercy. If all are saved, then there would not be any justice and lawlessness would result. His only choice is to save a few, which He does throughout history.
F. The Father's plan of salvation is to instill in the sinner repentance for sins committed so that the sinner turns to God for forgiveness and strength to overcome. This happens when the sinner is baptized in the name of the Father which will be followed by baptism in the name of the Son when He believes in the Father's plan for the forgivenesss of sins through Jesus. The sinner then gets baptized in the name of the Holy Spirit in order to get perfected so that He can enter heaven.
G. Jesus was perfect and did not deserve to die. When He died on the cross, life was owed to him and He gives this life to those that believe that His death on the cross means forgiveness of sins. Jesus died for everyone but the Father chooses who He will baptize into His family.
H. When baptized in the name of the Holy Spirit of the Father, the person is filled with the same kind of love that is shared by the Father and Son. When your motive is love for every thought and deed, you are obeying the Spirit of the Law. Without this love your deeds are worthless and you are considered a " child of disobedience. Jesus simplified the commandments when He said to love God first and also your neighbors ( including your enemies).
Well I'm sorry to say that a "rebuttal"" is in order based on what you stated here which is totally unbiblical.

"The beginning starts when He forms another Spirit being ( possibly from His own essence) with his own mind, heart, and will. It is through this Spirit being that all things are made. He is the First and only being directly created by God and there we get to call God the Father and His created being the Son."

Your first big error is in teaching the Son of God is a created being. Secondly, the Son always existed with His Father according to John 1:1-3. I want you to notice that "in the beginning" at Genesis 1:1 starts out the exact way as at John's 1:1, "in the beginning." The main point of the Genesis 1:1 "in the beginning" is to explain "WHAT HAPPENED" in the beginning.

The point of John 1:1's "in the beginning" is to show WHO WAS THERE IN THE BEGINNING." with God the Father. This is based on John 1:2, "he was in the beginning with God." And John 1:3 describes what the Son did "in the beginning" at Genesis 1. Now, I would like you to please give me your verses that show that the Son of God was created? I suspect Proverbs 8:2 is one of them and so is Revelation 3:14.

IN GOD THE SON,
bluto

Chester

May 23, 2016
Well I'm sorry to say that a "rebuttal"" is in order based on what you stated here which is totally unbiblical.

"The beginning starts when He forms another Spirit being ( possibly from His own essence) with his own mind, heart, and will. It is through this Spirit being that all things are made. He is the First and only being directly created by God and there we get to call God the Father and His created being the Son."

Your first big error is in teaching the Son of God is a created being. Secondly, the Son always existed with His Father according to John 1:1-3. I want you to notice that "in the beginning" at Genesis 1:1 starts out the exact way as at John's 1:1, "in the beginning." The main point of the Genesis 1:1 "in the beginning" is to explain "WHAT HAPPENED" in the beginning.

The point of John 1:1's "in the beginning" is to show WHO WAS THERE IN THE BEGINNING." with God the Father. This is based on John 1:2, "he was in the beginning with God." And John 1:3 describes what the Son did "in the beginning" at Genesis 1. Now, I would like you to please give me your verses that show that the Son of God was created? I suspect Proverbs 8:2 is one of them and so is Revelation 3:14.

IN GOD THE SON,
bluto
Exactly! I agree with bluto here . . . To believe that the Son is a created being from God and not eternal is a very bad foundation to begin upon. It is not OK to have different beliefs about the origin of the Son. Believing the Son was created by God is blatant heresy.

Hence I did not get beyond your Belief 1A! -- everything else after that is very suspect . . . ?

Dec 30, 2020

IN GOD THE SON,
bluto
That's nice, but what is your take on the whole thing?
Exactly! I agree with bluto here . . . To believe that the Son is a created being from God and not eternal is a very bad foundation to begin upon. It is not OK to have different beliefs about the origin of the Son. Believing the Son was created by God is blatant heresy.

Hence I did not get beyond your Belief 1A! -- everything else after that is very suspect . . . ?
Are you Belief # 2 or are you afraid to put all the pieces together to harmonize with Scripture. The purpose of no rebuttle is to not inhibit anyone from expressing their belief.

Dec 30, 2020

Thank you Belief # 3. I'm looking forward to your take on what is really going on with our existance and God. An explanation of the whole picture would be appreciated.

bluto

Aug 4, 2016
That's nice, but what is your take on the whole thing?

Are you Belief # 2 or are you afraid to put all the pieces together to harmonize with Scripture. The purpose of no rebuttle is to not inhibit anyone from expressing their belief.
First of all I don't "rattle." This means I'm not afraid or scared of anything. I have been a Christian for almost 60 years now and I've heard it all.

Moreover, the rest of your thread or points are "moot." This means if you have the wrong Jesus in the first place what sense does it make to give an opinion on your other points either right or wrong? I suggest you read Galatians 1:6-9. One more thing, who told you Jesus was a created being? Remember, I ask you to provide the verses where you believe Jesus is created? PS: I see your handle is "CorrectiveLens." You had better correct your view on who is Jesus Christ?

IN GOD THE SON,
bluto

bluto

Aug 4, 2016

I noticed your point "F" is also in error. The plan of salvation has nothing to do with water baptism. One get's water baptized after they receive salvation by believing in Jesus Christ. The thief on the cross believed in Jesus Christ and Jesus told him he would be in Paradise with Jesus this day. Jesus knew the man's heart that he had repented and upon believing he was saved.

Also at Acts 10:44-48, (please read it all) you will notice that the Roman Soldier Cornelius believed first and received the Holy Spirit, then he was water baptized. Acts 10;45. Now, I don't what you to think I am picking on you or that I'm a know it all. I'm correcting you out of love (that's my motive). It's imperative that you get this right for your own good. Can you please tell what group or church you are associated with?

IN GOD THE SON
bluto

Dec 30, 2020
First of all I don't "rattle." This means I'm not afraid or scared of anything. I have been a Christian for almost 60 years now and I've heard it all.

Moreover, the rest of your thread or points are "moot." This means if you have the wrong Jesus in the first place what sense does it make to give an opinion on your other points either right or wrong? I suggest you read Galatians 1:6-9. One more thing, who told you Jesus was a created being? Remember, I ask you to provide the verses where you believe Jesus is created? PS: I see your handle is "CorrectiveLens." You had better correct your view on who is Jesus Christ?

IN GOD THE SON,
bluto
I am not asking for your opinion. I'm asking what your belief about the whole picture is. Just to prove to you that I'm not just pulling ideas out of the air but using scripture:

Heb 1: 4 Being made so much better than the angels, as He hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.
Being made is self explainatory. By inheritance means that He was the first born being and just like Old Testament times inherits the Father's blessings and privileges.

Isaiah 45: 11-12 Thus saith the Lord, the Holy One of Israel, and His Maker: Ask me of things to come concerning my sons; and concerning the work of my hands, command ye me. I have made the earth, and created man upon it; I, even my hands, have stretched out the heavens, and all their host have I commanded. The Lord, the Holy One of Israel, is the Christ, and His Maker is the Father.

Dec 30, 2020
I noticed your point "F" is also in error. The plan of salvation has nothing to do with water baptism. One get's water baptized after they receive salvation by believing in Jesus Christ. The thief on the cross believed in Jesus Christ and Jesus told him he would be in Paradise with Jesus this day. Jesus knew the man's heart that he had repented and upon believing he was saved.

Also at Acts 10:44-48, (please read it all) you will notice that the Roman Soldier Cornelius believed first and received the Holy Spirit, then he was water baptized. Acts 10;45. Now, I don't what you to think I am picking on you or that I'm a know it all. I'm correcting you out of love (that's my motive). It's imperative that you get this right for your own good. Can you please tell what group or church you are associated with?

IN GOD THE SON
bluto
I didn't mention water baptism at all.

Dec 30, 2020
You would think that if a person thinks they know truth of existence according to the Bible that they would want to shout it out on top of roof tops. I guess some people would rather criticize than explain their understanding of the whole picture.

bluto

Aug 4, 2016
I didn't mention water baptism at all.
Then would kindly explain what kind of baptism you had in mind when you said the following?

"This happens when the sinner is baptized in the name of the Father which will be followed by baptism in the name of the Son when He believes in the Father's plan for the forgivenesss of sins through Jesus. The sinner then gets baptized in the name of the Holy Spirit in order to get perfected so that He can enter heaven." Again, please tell me who is teaching you this stuff?

IN GOD THE SON,
bluto

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
How about a thread where you can express your belief without rebuttle.
That's "rebuttal", and there is no avoiding rebuttals. However, the various threads are already showing people what others believe (whether true of false). You do have at least one mistaken idea, but there will be no rebuttals from me.

Artios1

Born again to serve
Dec 11, 2020
There may be statements from each category that are applicable and true. But how do you put God in a box, defined by the wisdom of man?

If we define our beliefs through a statement, we tend to see and read what we believe of ourselves through a myopic lens. I don’t want to do that. I want to read without mental restrictions, barriers, or shortsightedness.

The moment I put my beliefs in a statement or put a tag on myself I mentally restrict my mind to see what I believe…. That is not a great way to be guided into all truth.

glen55

Jul 10, 2021
The terms of Greastist flesh and blood are very intelligent like Baptist John a very very very loyal to expecting Christ was outside him is referred to least, OT he was an expert and like to defeat grace and mercy.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
The moment I put my beliefs in a statement or put a tag on myself I mentally restrict my mind to see what I believe…. That is not a great way to be guided into all truth.
There's only one problem with this as applied to local churches (not individuals). If a local church or Christian ministry of any kind is unable -- or unwilling -- to have a clear and readable Statement of Faith up front, then there is no way for the Christian public to know whether this is a biblical church or a cult.

At the same time if their actual teachings and practices do not conform to their Statement of Faith, then that is another issue again. For example, when you go to some of the websites of false teachers everything looks copacetic. But when you see what is actually going on then that becomes an issue.