What is a Judaizer?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
Did they get rid of circumcision or is circumcision the fulfillment of the new covenant promise to love?
Circumcision in the spirit is asked for.

" A man is not a Jew if he is only one outwardly, nor is circumcision merely outward and physical. No, a man is a Jew if he is one inwardly; and circumcision is circumcision of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the written code..." Rom. 2:28-29

"For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form, and you have been given fullness in Christ, who is the head over every power and authority. In him you were also circumcised, in the putting off of the sinful nature, not with a circumcision done by the hands of men but with the circumcision done by Christ, having been buried with him in baptism and raised with him through your faith in the power of God, who raised him from the dead. When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your sinful nature, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins, having canceled the written code, with its regulations, that was against us and that stood opposed to us; he took it away, nailing it to the cross." Col. 2:9-14

Jun 30, 2019
Circumcision in the spirit is asked for.

" A man is not a Jew if he is only one outwardly, nor is circumcision merely outward and physical. No, a man is a Jew if he is one inwardly; and circumcision is circumcision of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the written code..." Rom. 2:28-29

"For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form, and you have been given fullness in Christ, who is the head over every power and authority. In him you were also circumcised, in the putting off of the sinful nature, not with a circumcision done by the hands of men but with the circumcision done by Christ, having been buried with him in baptism and raised with him through your faith in the power of God, who raised him from the dead. When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your sinful nature, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins, having canceled the written code, with its regulations, that was against us and that stood opposed to us; he took it away, nailing it to the cross." Col. 2:9-14
Absolutely that is why circumcision is an everlasting covenant of a new heart to love as we believe and follow God's word.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Hi Ad, happy to to answer your question directly but I did ask you some questions first and you did not answer them. What do you think Romans 6 and 1 John 2 and 1 John 3 are talking about? You also may want to consider Romans 3:31; Romans 8:13, Romans 13:8-10, Romans 8:13, Hebrews 10:26-31 and John 8:31-36.

blessings
I don't believe those scriptures say that we shall be made sinless beings in this life in these corrupt flesh bodies..

Ok Have you ceased sinning 3rdAngel ?

Jun 30, 2019
I don't believe those scriptures say that we shall be made sinless beings in this life in these corrupt flesh bodies..

Ok Have you ceased sinning 3rdAngel ?
Hello brother Ad, well you kind of half answered the question but you did not tell me what you think those scriptures mean? Did you want to tell me what you think those scriptures mean as they seem to be a bit of a stumbling block to you. What do you think Romans 6 and 1 John 2 and 1 John 3 are talking about? You also may want to consider Romans 3:31; Romans 8:13, Romans 13:8-10, Romans 8:13, Hebrews 10:26-31 and John 8:31-36. You do not have to answer the question if you do not want to just say so.

blessings

J

jaybird88

What is a Judaizer?
those that follow the example of Jesus, works and obedience, are called this. its a derogatory term used to insult Christians. its interesting that "Christian" was also a derogatory word when it was first used.

Mar 28, 2016
Thanks garee so you agree faith comes by the word of God. Soo the reason for the question was that if those who many say are Jua
daizers have the word of God and believe it how can they not have faith?

The faith the scripture speak of is the exclusive faith of Christ . . . as it is written.

Juadaizers would seem to have been developed in the time period there were kings in Israel .God had temporally given over the Jews that did not want God not seen as their king to do what they should not of. In their jealousy of the surrounding Pagan nations they desired a ungodly pagan form of government. Men walking by sight lording it over one another. (No faith coming from hearing God.)

They have two written forms of laws. The law of Moses and a law of men . Called a "law of the fathers", as commandments of men. A law based on a false zeal for knowing God. Through the oral traditions of men and not God's tradition. . . all things written in the law and the prophets.(sola scriptura) .

Their written law rose up above the law of God and made the law of God into a heresy making the word of God without effect. The pattern was passed on to Catholics also. Men insisting men seen much teach them or in "out of sight out of mind" religion. The goal kill the misperceived competition as did Cain when he killed his brother.. Fifteenth century reformation a rehash of the first century. Just different names for fathers same venerating lording it over the pew sitters..

A false zeal

Acts 22:1- King James Version (KJV) Men, brethren, and fathers, hear ye my defence which I make now unto you. (And when they heard that he spake in the Hebrew tongue to them, they kept the more silence: and he saith,) I am verily a man which am a Jew, born in Tarsus, a city in Cilicia, yet brought up in this city at the feet of Gamaliel, and taught according to the perfect manner of the law of the fathers, and was zealous toward God, as ye all are this day.And I persecuted this way unto the death, binding and delivering into prisons both men and women.As also the high priest doth bear me witness, and all the estate of the elders: from whom also I received letters unto the brethren, and went to Damascus, to bring them which were there bound unto Jerusalem, for to be punished.

Paul converted under the Nazarene sect now serving the law of God our one father in heaven apposes the "law of the fathers" condemning Paul

Acts 24:5- King James Version (KJV) For we have found this man a pestilent fellow, and a mover of sedition among all the Jews throughout the world, and a ringleader of the sect of the Nazarenes: Who also hath gone about to profane the temple: whom we took, and would have judged according to our law.

Not our law God's law as it is written exclusively .

Acts 24:13-15- King James Version (KJV) Neither can they prove the things whereof they now accuse me. But this I confess unto thee, that after the way which they call heresy, so worship I the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the law and in the prophets:

You could say they would be shooting themselves in the foot so they hobbled away in unbelief (no faith) that comes by hearing God as it is written .

Judaism 101

Mar 28, 2016
those that follow the example of Jesus, works and obedience, are called this. its a derogatory term used to insult Christians. its interesting that "Christian" was also a derogatory word when it was first used.
The Holy spirit re-named His bride Israel. . . . Christian a new name that he promised.. A word that means residents of the City of Christ named after her founder.

Judaizer not named by the Holy Spirit is a derogatory term that we would name those who have another authority other than all things written in the law and the prophets (sola scriptura) ,By using a law of the fathers. . . oral traditions of men they make sola scriptura without effect...

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
Absolutely that is why circumcision is an everlasting covenant of a new heart to love as we believe and follow God's word.
I thought you just said that circumcision WASN'T part of Gods Law? And that people get mixed up between Moses Law and Gods Law?

Now you say it is an everlasting covenant?

Sounds kind of confusing.

Maybe it would be better to say that Moses Law was a Shadow of what was to come?

As circumcision of the flesh was the shadow of circumcision of the Heart.

As the Ministration of Death and Condemnation written on stones was the shadow of the Ministration of Righteousness and Life written on the Heart and Mind.

Might as well cut to the chase, right?

Mar 28, 2016
I thought you just said that circumcision WASN'T part of Gods Law? And that people get mixed up between Moses Law and Gods Law?

Now you say it is an everlasting covenant?

Sounds kind of confusing.

Maybe it would be better to say that Moses Law was a Shadow of what was to come?

As circumcision of the flesh was the shadow of circumcision of the Heart.

As the Ministration of Death and Condemnation written on stones was the shadow of the Ministration of Righteousness and Life written on the Heart and Mind.

Might as well cut to the chase, right?
Circummsion is a sign of the "first born" our bloody husband, Christ.

It was used as a sign of the "first born" . We are informed by that demonstration of Moses in a parable as if his Gershom was the Son of man Jesus . Like the parable with Abraham and Isaac. Moses was rescued by his Gentile wife Zipporah..I would think a picture of salvation pains of rebirth .

The first born sign establishes the circumcision a shadow that points toward the true. Preaching the gospel beforehand with respect to the suffering of Christ. It is likened to the blood around the doorway as a way of entering into fellowship another sign of the first born . Christ is the door or gateway to fellowship. And he reminds us. . Its when he sees the blood, not us. We wait for the knock (the hearing of faith). . . . We walk by faith the unseen eternal.

Exodus 4: KJ Then Zipporah took a sharp stone, and cut off the foreskin of her son, and cast it at his feet, and said, Surely a bloody husband art thou to me.So he let him go: then she said, A bloody husband thou art, because of the circumcision.

In the easy to read version below, rather than bloody husband the phrase bridegroom of blood is used .

Exodus 4: ERV On the way to Egypt, Moses stopped at a place to spend the night. The Lord met Moses at that place and tried to kill him.But Zipporah took a flint knife and circumcised her son. She took the skin and touched his feet. Then she said to Moses, “You are a bridegroom of blood to me.” Zipporah said this because she had to circumcise her son. So God let Moses live.

Touched his feet representing the gospel, the washing of the word. Jesus says if he does not wash not our feet then he has no part with us . It is a phrase used that way through the Bible. Another sign of the "firstborn" the bridegroom of blood. Jesus

John 13:8 Peter saith unto him, Thou shalt never wash my feet. Jesus answered him, If I wash thee not, thou hast no part with me.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
The Holy spirit re-named His bride Israel. . . . Christian a new name that he promised.. A word that means residents of the City of Christ named after her founder.
Actually, as mentioned above, the word "Christian" was originally a derogative term. It simply means "little Christ". It has nothing to do with a promised name from the Holy Spirit.

Judaizer not named by the Holy Spirit is a derogatory term that we would name those who have another authority other than all things written in the law and the prophets (sola scriptura) ,By using a law of the fathers. . . oral traditions of men they make sola scriptura without effect...
Umm... no. A "Judaizer" was someone who, according to Scripture, tried to convince Christians to follow the commandment of physical circumcision. The Pharisees and scribes were the ones making up oral traditions. The two concepts are related but are not the same thing.

Mar 28, 2016
Umm... no. A "Judaizer" was someone who, according to Scripture, tried to convince Christians to follow the commandment of physical circumcision.

The Pharisees and scribes were the ones making up oral traditions. The two concepts are related but are not the same thing.
The Pharisees with Sadaucesss two denominations putting aside their differences. to attack all things written in the law and the prophets (sola scriptura) their nemesis. They were under a "law of the fathers" a false zeal for knowing God. They walked by sight in respect to men seen. (antichrists)

Circumcision was one of the many ceremonial laws that spoke of the first born, Christ. It was changed into a oral traditions as a law of the fathers. They pursued it as a sign to confirm something other than a shadow. Rather than a shadow that pointed ahead to our suffering bloody husband. They are still waiting for the bloody husband in that way..

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
The Pharisees with Sadaucesss two denominations putting aside their differences. to attack all things written in the law and the prophets (sola scriptura) their nemesis. They were under a "law of the fathers" a false zeal for knowing God. They walked by sight in respect to men seen. (antichrists)
Simply wrong, Garee. The P's and S's knew the written law better than you or I. The problem was that they rejected the Spirit behind the law. The written law was not their nemesis.

Sola scriptura is a Latin term from the 15th century reformation. Using it in this context is simply incorrect.

Circumcision was one of the many ceremonial laws that spoke of the first born, Christ. It was changed into a oral traditions as a law of the fathers. They pursued it as a sign to confirm something other than a shadow. Rather than a shadow that pointed ahead to our suffering bloody husband. They are still waiting for the bloody husband in that way..
Circumcision was not changed into an oral tradition. You're also overusing the phrase, "bloody husband".

Mar 28, 2016
The days of the week are day one, day two, day three, day four day five, day six and rest. or Shabbat.

The day of prepartion is since the law……….[/QUOTE]

The word Sabbath meaning rest is not a time sensitive word. Any time we hear His voice (mixing faith)

Making it time sensitive destroys the meaning of the word sabbath . The new era of Sabbaths . . .children of light to bring the gospel into the word on a day they have not labor needed for themselves. Free to get the gospel out.

Shabbat (rest), day two, day three, day four day five, day six and seven.

Mar 28, 2016
Simply wrong, Garee. The P's and S's knew the written law better than you or I. The problem was that they rejected the Spirit behind the law. The written law was not their nemesis.
Yes they knew it so well that they apposed it as there nemesis. Joining forces to destroy the foundation of faith as it is written alone.

Neither can they prove the things whereof they now accuse me. But this I confess unto thee, that after the way which they call heresy, so worship I the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the law and in the prophets:Acts 24:13-14

The law of the fathers worship the fathers in place of God. : They worship the fathers seen as if they were our father in heaven not seen(.no faith). Rather than again like Paul worships the one God of the fathers (not as) they make men gods (multitude) in the likeness of men (Acts14) .Judaism in a nut shell as those who would rather obey the commandments of men seen and not God, as our one Father. . not seen

You as it seems are simply following another kind of mediator other than all things written in the law and the prophets .The reforming authority in any generation.

If they did know it better as you say rather than differently with a false zeal. Then they would of got under all things written in the law and the prophets (sola scriptura) rather than calling it "heresy" and the law of the fathers the higher authority as they did in Acts 24. shot there own self in the foot destroying the gospel

Walking by sight after what the eyes see murdering the misperceived, mis-informed law of the fathers which again made all things written in the law and the prophets without effect. No man can serve two teaching masters in that way .

Different interpretation authorities produce different results.

Sola scriptura is a Latin term from the 15th century reformation. Using it in this context is simply incorrect.

Circumcision was not changed into an oral tradition. You're also overusing the phrase, "bloody husband".
I am using bloody husband as it is used in respect the suffering of our savior. . preached beforehand through ceremonial laws .It represent Jesus the first born our bloody husband .Not a way of confirming someone was filled with something as a sign and wonder.

Using sola scriptura as all things written in the law and the prophets or as it is described in Isaiah 28 (10 For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:)

Circumcision a cereimional law a sign of the first born Christ. It was changed into a work righteousness law with those who follow another law other than that of our father in heaven.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Yes they knew it so well that they apposed it as there nemesis. Joining forces to destroy the foundation of faith as it is written alone.
Incorrect again. The written law was not the nemesis of the Pharisees. I suggest you look up the meaning of the word.

Neither can they prove the things whereof they now accuse me. But this I confess unto thee, that after the way which they call heresy, so worship I the
God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the law and in the prophets:Acts 24:13-14
Your quotation is not relevant to your point. Paul was referring simply to Jews, not to Pharisees specifically.

You as it seems are simply following another kind of mediator other than all things written in the law and the prophets .The reforming authority in any generation.
Your evidence for this is... what exactly?

I am using bloody husband as it is used in respect the suffering of our savior. . preached beforehand through ceremonial laws ...
I didn't say you were using it incorrectly. I said you were overusing it. It is not directly relevant to the topic of Judaizers.

Mar 28, 2016
Incorrect again. The written law was not the nemesis of the Pharisees. I suggest you look up the meaning of the word.
What word was that? Did it Describe the ones that showed the Judaizes joining forces and treating Jesus like a circus seal as sign and wonder seekers and not prophecy the tongue of God. . The sign and wonders . . . nemesis.?

They said perform a miracle then we will believe .The idea of following a God not seen was exchanged for the context of Jerimiah 44. They refused to get under the authority of God word (sola scriptura) as the final authority in matters of faith . They said...we have our own source of faith called a law of the fathers .And together they P&S made all things written in the law and prophets to no effect. Temporally until the end of time putting aside their differences. Just like the Roman Catholic with the Greek Orthodox fighting over which fathers are the greatest.

Judaism a false zeal for knowing God in a nut shell.

Matthew 16:1The Pharisees also with the Sadducees came, and tempting desired him that he would shew them a sign from heaven.

As for the
word that thou hast spoken unto us in the name of the Lord, we will not hearken unto thee. But we will certainly do whatsoever thing goeth forth out of our own mouth, to burn incense unto the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto her, as we have done, we, and our fathers, our kings, and our princes, in the cities of Judah, and in the streets of Jerusalem: for then had we plenty of victuals, and were well, and saw no evil Jeremiah 44: 16-17

Mar 28, 2016
Your quotation is not relevant to your point. Paul was referring simply to Jews, not to Pharisees specifically.
Paul the Jew?

It would seem Paul who as a Pharisees on a murderous spree previously and now became a leader of the Nazarene sect was being sought after to be killed by the mindset of the Pharisees with Sadducees sign seekers .No prophecy, as it is written alone. The out of sight out of mind religion of paganism.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
What word was that? Did it Describe the ones that showed the Judaizes joining forces and treating Jesus like a circus seal as sign and wonder seekers and not prophecy the tongue of God. . The sign and wonders . . . nemesis.?
Okay, step up and prove your understanding. Without looking it up in a dictionary, please provide the definition of "nemesis".

Mar 28, 2016
Okay, step up and prove your understanding. Without looking it up in a dictionary, please provide the definition of "nemesis".
Hi Dino thanks for the ear...

Without a dictionary? Thanks, I have learned new words with you but with that one I feel confident.

Nemesis. That which apposes led by another law giver and laws . Good verses evil. To give what is due. (the wages of sin )

The law of, as it is written (sola scriptura) our interpretation authority opposes the law of the fathers as oral traditions of men as their interpretation authority . Can't serve two masters as teaching authorities.

Their law (out of sight out of mind … no faith) of men killed what they thought was their nemesis (sola scriptura). But Abel's blood cried out and they walked away in un-belief (no faith) Faith from God alone their nemesis .

The Christian defense is (sola scriptura) The Armor of God. It is spoken of in Isaiah 28 . Yet for all that they still appose all things written in the law and the prophets. Their nemesis as a sign of duplicity against them.

The integrity of God as a sign that supports Him

For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little: Isaiah 28:11

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Hi Dino thanks for the ear...

Without a dictionary? Thanks, I have learned new words with you but with that one I feel confident.

Nemesis. That which apposes led by another law giver and laws . Good verses evil. To give what is due. (the wages of sin )

The law of, as it is written (sola scriptura) our interpretation authority opposes the law of the fathers as oral traditions of men as their interpretation authority . Can't serve two masters as teaching authorities.

Their law (out of sight out of mind … no faith) of men killed what they thought was their nemesis (sola scriptura). But Abel's blood cried out and they walked away in un-belief (no faith) Faith from God alone their nemesis .

The Christian defense is (sola scriptura) The Armor of God. It is spoken of in Isaiah 28 . Yet for all that they still appose all things written in the law and the prophets. Their nemesis as a sign of duplicity against them.

The integrity of God as a sign that supports Him

For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little: Isaiah 28:11

You feel confident, but would do better to check. The definition in bold is the most common.

nemesis
[ˈneməsəs]

NOUN
nemeses (plural noun)
  1. the inescapable agent of someone's or something's downfall.
    "the balance beam was the team's nemesis, as two gymnasts fell from the apparatus"
    • a long-standing rival; an archenemy.
      "will Harry Potter finally defeat his nemesis, Voldemort?"
    • a downfall caused by an inescapable agent.
      "one risks nemesis by uttering such words"
      synonyms:
      downfall · undoing · ruin · ruination · destruction · Waterloo