I don't think so. You search and see if you can find it. I do wish that you would quit trying to put words into my mouth. I say again, it has nothing to do with Pentecost nor the day of Pentecost.then spell it out.
the end answer will be PENTECOST.
I don't think so. You search and see if you can find it. I do wish that you would quit trying to put words into my mouth. I say again, it has nothing to do with Pentecost nor the day of Pentecost.then spell it out.
the end answer will be PENTECOST.
The Bible is the Holy word of God.
But unless a persons heart is right with God they will never understand or learn the truths therein.
The more a person loves God, the closer they desire in their heart to come to him the more truth they will learn, but things have to be in their right order.
If a persons first concern is 'head theology' of the written word and not in the heart coming close to God they will stumble on much of what they wish to learn
And a person needs to pray continuosly for the truth written in its sacred pages and rely on the Holy Spirit to be shown truth
If you rely on the natural mind you will never learn the heart of what is written
Its getting back to basics really
Love God and his son
Have faith in Christ
and totaslly rely on the Holy Spirit
And you will know truth
I don't know NAR. I am not affiliated with any group, and I am only a member of Christ's body.
I really don't know what you are talking about.
I will say this, not all who say that they are of the church are actually of the church. And many who believe are in danger of falling, (something you have said many times, but concerning the belief in the rapture.)
But you have gone off on this tangent, and I have been mystified by this. I always was concerned by some of the stances you have taken, but trusted the Spirit to work in you for His own will. But this attack on me personally, well, I am mystified.
Doesn't matter, you have not chosen me for an enemy. I certainly do not consider you one.
Don't be surprised at what you get. I can cut and paste from scripture and justify almost anything.ok now the next question zone is why do you think VW is part of it?
I haven't read anything in this thread where he stated he was a member or of high standing that's why i'm asking. I've been following along too and lol you know I researched both of your postings to try to figure this out but it doesn't really make much sense. could you cut and paste his words where he spells it out for us?
Amen!
I find the arrogance that says that we understand scripture with our reason offensive, and very dangerous. I have so much more reference when I approach scripture than this. It is God's word. I do not want my understanding to pollute His word in any way, and I open myself up to His Spirit to teach me all truth. Indeed, I seek Him to give me any and all understanding. I am always wary, now after He has delievered me from my deception, whenever I believe I understand scripture.
In Christ.
Unfortunately for many and I have seen it on this website 'head theology' is their god, and they CANNOT be being led of the Holy Spirit
And I can in full assurance say this. Because the Holy Spirit would not contradict plain scripture, and the spirit would not contradict the plain words of Christ.
God wants a humble heart, and one that is not will never understand much truth.
And the first priority is to love God from the heart.
To be consumed with a theology of the head, must mean I believe that it is impossible to have a heartfelt loving relationship with God through Christ
The Bible means everything to me. It is the only book I read, but if I make the Bible my god and spend all my time ceaselessly reading it and reading up on various theologians/scholars I am consumed with a desire for knowledge, and I do not see how I in my heart can earnestly desire to come close to God and look to his son in humility and rely on the spirit for truth.
Yes, how we desperately need truth, but truth because in our hearts we love God, we want truth to help us have victory in our lives and grow, and as we read God's word we rely on the Spirit to show us what he would from its sacred pages
But the amount of time some must spend to aquire the theological knowledge they do is mind boggling to me
If that time was spent in prayer and Bible reading I believe they would know far more truth than they do
The person who in their heart seeks glory for God will always know the most truth, therefore truth and knowledge depend on firstly loving God and wanting him to be glorified and worshipping and praising him from the bottom of our hearts. That is the basis for learning truth
Not reading avidly through every theological text book you can find and ever searching for new meanings in scripture
We ned to get back to the basics of the first disciples
Love God
Trust in Christ
Rely on the Holy Spirit
I don't know NAR. I am not affiliated with any group, and I am only a member of Christ's body.
http://christianchat.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=422124When operating in the gift of prophecy, the word is subject to the prophet. In other words, he can speak, or he can withhold. Also, it should be understood that speaking in the gift of prophecy is not a word for word process all the time, although this can happen, especially when it involves the word to an unbeliever, as God reveals the secrets of their heart before all, and they fall down before God.
The office of prophet is not the gift of prophecy. This office is charge with and equipped for seeing the truth in the doctrines of the church in his day, and for correction and discipline of those who are charged with teaching the flock. It is a ministry to the church, and in this office, one so called has been in intimate contact with Jesus Christ, and through Him with the Father. And their main purpose is to call the body into this same intimate contact with God. As an office in the body, they call the members to walk in a spiritual life, to worship God in spirit and in truth.
It is a measure of the maturity of the body by how much they are able to discern and judge the words of a prophet, and how they receive the call to repentance. God sends His servants to the workers when they have decided that He is not coming, and they begin to neglect the service that He set them to. Unfortunately, most often, when the workers become neglectful, and God sends His servants to them, they despise the servants and the words of God that they speak, and mistreat them and kill them.
You decide in what fashion God looks upon this kind of worker.
Anyone who has the gift of prophecy, or has been called as a prophet, will understand when I say that I did not want to make this post. But the voice of the Lord is not insistent, but rather quietly leading one to do as He wishes. I have from the Lord that I am not to answer critical words any more. So, in obedience to Him, hear these words or not.
In Christ
The testing has started. The dross will be removed from the gold and silver. Those who will not come to Me will not get many more chances. Those who lie about Me will grow even harder in their hearts. Those who do not love Me will go astray, and stumble, and fall. And My servants will prevail, just as I prevailed.
I set a choice before you, with a question. Do you love Me? Will you follow Me? Will you become My servants? Or will you continue to love the knowledge of Me? Will you still follow what you believe? Will you still serve yourself and your pride? Will you live in Me?
Not all that you believe is from Me. And not all that you do is pleasing in My sight. And not all that you say or think is of faith. But My servants will not be so in the days to come. Everything they believe will be from Me, and they will speak My words, and they will do the things that are pleasing in My sight. And I will love them.
I hate your assemblies. I loath your offerings. I despise your service. Your prayers I do not hear, because they are for your own lusts. Your hands are dirty, and your lips have become numb. Your ears do not hear, nor do your eyes see. Who among you has a soft heart? Who is seeking truth in My Father's presence? Who has lost themselves for Me and to Me? Who has lost every other love, to know My love? Who has become My servant?
I am coming quickly. I am coming with a sword. I am coming to make war, to make an end, a complete ending of all the lies. I am coming to reward My servants, and to gather those who love My appearing. Will you be ashamed at My appearing, or will you have great joy? Either way, I am coming quickly.
ok now the next question zone is why do you think VW is part of it?
I haven't read anything in this thread where he stated he was a member or of high standing that's why i'm asking. I've been following along too and lol you know I researched both of your postings to try to figure this out but it doesn't really make much sense. could you cut and paste his words where he spells it out for us?
Don't be surprised at what you get. I can cut and paste from scripture and justify almost anything.
Zone is very good at making things say something other than what they are intended to say. I don't believe that she does this on purpose, but some thing is driving her.
In Christ, I pray for her often.
Yep, He did say that. However, to you, any prophet is false. That is, unless they have been dead for 2,000 years. So I guess you better not listen to any prophets, huh?see post 348 or go here:
http://christianchat.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=422124
i did not cut and paste "from scripture": these are your own words.
something driving me?
no, i hear my Shepherd's Voice and i will not follow a stranger.
He has told me to take heed, to watch out for false prophets.
is that ok? did He say that?
I find it disheartening to hear that the gifts of the Spirit are dead, that He no longer gives men the gift of miracles or prophecy or tongues or faith.I find it amazing how foks are able to tell by a few posts wether someone is walking with head knowledge only and ignoring or rejecting or not walking by faith in the Spirit of God. That is the arrogance i find amazing. How one can translate a persons love of scripture in seeking and finding more and more of Gods truths for daily life within scriptures as somehow a rejection of the Holy Spirit. the nessessity of being bornagain a believer who has the Holy Spirit living inside them is not in question at all.
1Co 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
ive never once denied the enssessity of being bornagain in study of the Bible..What i dont get are these acusations that a persons not bornagain not Spirit filled because they value scripture and believe it to be Gods word the standard by which we test doctrines and choices we need make in life..
this is what ive found disheartning throughout this thread
I find it disheartening to hear that the gifts of the Spirit are dead, that He no longer gives men the gift of miracles or prophecy or tongues or faith.
And it really bothers me when people are taught to trust the written word, rather than the living God.
And it bothers me when most do not see the distinction. How have they become blinded?
That you read these things into my words shows me that you are not reading with your heart, but with a veil over your heart.I find it blasphemous for people to say the written word is not the word of God given to us by him, for us. The word as God tells us is alive and powerfull, It is not dead as you want to make it. It lives in my heart, in my being. Not the book, the words contained in the book.
That you read these things into my words shows me that you are not reading with your heart, but with a veil over your heart.
Dead? When did I write that the word of God is dead? See what I mean about a veil?
When operating in the gift of prophecy, the word is subject to the prophet. In other words, he can speak, or he can withhold. Also, it should be understood that speaking in the gift of prophecy is not a word for word process all the time, although this can happen, especially when it involves the word to an unbeliever, as God reveals the secrets of their heart before all, and they fall down before God.
The office of prophet is not the gift of prophecy. This office is charge with and equipped for seeing the truth in the doctrines of the church in his day, and for correction and discipline of those who are charged with teaching the flock. It is a ministry to the church, and in this office, one so called has been in intimate contact with Jesus Christ, and through Him with the Father. And their main purpose is to call the body into this same intimate contact with God. As an office in the body, they call the members to walk in a spiritual life, to worship God in spirit and in truth.
It is a measure of the maturity of the body by how much they are able to discern and judge the words of a prophet, and how they receive the call to repentance. God sends His servants to the workers when they have decided that He is not coming, and they begin to neglect the service that He set them to. Unfortunately, most often, when the workers become neglectful, and God sends His servants to them, they despise the servants and the words of God that they speak, and mistreat them and kill them.
You decide in what fashion God looks upon this kind of worker.
Yep, He did say that. However, to you, any prophet is false. That is, unless they have been dead for 2,000 years. So I guess you better not listen to any prophets, huh?
That you read these things into my words shows me that you are not reading with your heart, but with a veil over your heart.
Dead? When did I write that the word of God is dead? See what I mean about a veil?
sorry Ramon:
you have it backwards, and you are doing what these NAR guys want: to have these self-proclaimed prophets elevated beyond testing and and even reproach through fear of blasphemy of the Holy Spirit (which has NOTHING to do with testing "prophets").
VW is not Jesus....i am not testing Jesus Christ i am testing a man claiming to have Jesus speaking directly through him to the church (actually i'm done testing).
i do not need a prophet to speak for Jesus, since the ones He chose have accomplished their mission....anyone telling people they are not saved because they love The Lord and by the work of the Spirit IN THEM, love the scriptures AND all the teachings and doctrines in the Scriptures is not speaking for God.