What is your favorite CC forum? (singles, bible discussion, etc.) POLL

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

What is your favorite CC forum? Can only choose 1!

• Singles forum

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Family forum

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Miscellaneous forum

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Bible discussion forum (the BDF)

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Young adults forum

• Teens forum

• Music forum

• News forum

• Conspiracy forum

• Other (explain)

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
I've learned not to stray out of the singles forum, I have to be bored (or see someone I know posted something interesting in a thread) to venture out of the singles forum.

W

wwjd_kilden

I too click thread titles without paying attention to where they belong

.... which is how I end up in BDF ... so I guess I should stop doing that...

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
The miscellaneous and Singles forums are where all the good stuff happens :)
I'd often read up from the Prayer forum and Misc., jump to news and bdf but do not really stay long at the bdf. I could read a few posts, but normally do not reply esp when i know there is limited time. When there is some time, i log in and visit the ladies' and natural health forum as well.

Aug 2, 2009
The BDF is by far the most active forum, so if you click on a new post it will probably be from there. Its so active that my favorite thread in there ends up on the second page shortly after I post in it.

Mar 11, 2016
Singapore
abigail.pro
The BDF is by far the most active forum, so if you click on a new post it will probably be from there. Its so active that my favorite thread in there ends up on the second page shortly after I post in it.
True. I guess more people naturally gravitate to negative stuff :rolleyes: (not that everything in BDF is negative, but majority of it)

Aug 2, 2009
True. I guess more people naturally gravitate to negative stuff :rolleyes: (not that everything in BDF is negative, but majority of it)
I think they're just busy replying to each other' arguments.

Mar 11, 2016
Singapore
abigail.pro
I think they're just busy replying to each other' arguments.
Maybe it's an addiction of some sort. You know, the wanting to be right and be recognised as that. Which is never gonna happen because heaven knows when one is wrong, he will never admit it in public forum, especially in front of those who oppose him. But every response opens an opportunity to get the satisfaction we all crave.

There are good things in there, but I'd say the bad far outweighs the good. It's not worth the time. The same amount of encouragement or more, we can get from other sources.

Sometimes I wonder, why I still go there. Humans. :rolleyes:

Prov910

Jan 10, 2017
The Miscellaneous forum because it's not as contentious and argumentative as some other forums. I joined CC for the BDF, but it's quite frustrating to post there. It really turns me off when I try to hold a discussion about a bible topic that I have questions about, only to be labeled a heretic and subjected to demeaning, snide remarks by people who purport to be doing God's will. It makes me wonder what these people are like in real life, given their behavior on the Internet. :shrug:

garet82

Jan 20, 2011
Single
Because it has interesting threats and funny comments from the readers :)

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
The Miscellaneous forum because it's not as contentious and argumentative as some other forums. I joined CC for the BDF, but it's quite frustrating to post there. It really turns me off when I try to hold a discussion about a bible topic that I have questions about, only to be labeled a heretic and subjected to demeaning, snide remarks by people who purport to be doing God's will. It makes me wonder what these people are like in real life, given their behavior on the Internet. :shrug:
They are probably really quiet in real life and use the Forum to blow off steam.

Y

Yahweh_is_gracious

They are probably really quiet in real life and use the Forum to blow off steam.
Probably correct. The Internet has given people a voice that they don't usually get in real life, and with the distance and anonymity, people can and will say things online that they won't say in real life. That's both blessing and curse.

Pipp

Majestic Llamacorn
Sep 17, 2013
Georgia
Singles, duh. That's where all my friends are.

J

joefizz

Singles,young adult,and miscellaneous forums because if I don't have silliness I might explode from being serious for a long period of time,Bible discussion forum is ok if you can stand a few smart alecs,and "my doctine is correct" type people.

M

MollyConnor

All the cool people are in singles. I've made really good friends on here that I hope to meet someday. ;)

J

joefizz

All the cool people are in singles. I've made really good friends on here that I hope to meet someday. ;)
Yeah,cool people like me!
Joefizz the funny fizz boy.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
Well, the Singles Forum is where most of the fun and humor is.

Sometimes I go make jokes in the debate forum...

but no one seems to laugh.

: )

Lighthearted

Oct 17, 2016
my favorites are young adults forum,singles forum,introduction forum,I wish I could say bible forum but so much is unaccomplished in that forum half the time because of arguments and nit picking,and dragging things out,maybe once people get over their egos,then I could call bible discussion forum,a favorite,seriously we are supposed to "teach" God's word not bicker back and forth about who is right,because in truth only God is right all the time not us,prayer forum is excellent though,glad people haven't made a mess of it,and I've recently been looking through the foreign forums and it is interesting so I may add some as favorites in time,but bible discussion should have people that are "understanding" "compassionate" and "willing" to"discuss"points of view not make it a banter of you are wrong I am right,true God needs people who will stand up for him in devoutness but one must be sure that whomever you discuss with gets a chance to speak too,and at the "End"(if some of these so called discussions have an end) you both "learn" and "grow" in christ!
AMEN TO THAT JOE!!!!!

S

Susanna

It's serious business going on in those rooms. Fun stuff is frowned upon.

J

joefizz

Well it is to be understood as a more "serious" forum,though a little joke here and there is not bad,I've done it a few times to but I strive not to because the bible in my view should always be discussed in a "serious" manner and all discussers be able to understand each other as best as possible,it's not wrong to do so but I stave off it in bible discussion forum because it can lead to misquoting or picking fun at scripture without thinking,because you know how it goes once one gets on a roll with jokes one may over step by accident.