Yeah, that. What he said.For this to be what you are describing it would have to be a private members only type of forum with a lead teacher, which is fine but that is not CC.
Yeah, that. What he said.For this to be what you are describing it would have to be a private members only type of forum with a lead teacher, which is fine but that is not CC.
Yeah, that. What he said.
Yeah, that. What she said.For this to be what you are describing it would have to be a private members only type of forum with a lead teacher, which is fine but that is not CC.
Really? If that's how you feel, why have you not totally absented yourself?This is more like the church bathroom stall. We leave notes for the next person who comes through to read.
It's a nice thought but in the 13 years I've been here there have been numerous attempts to change things, by other users. Not a single one has ever made any kind of dent.Actually, a lot of it was political too. (Big surprise.) Page after page after page last night of the "Latest activity" was arguing with each other and disrespectfulness. I wanted to engage somewhere but apart from one question about angels, I could feel in my spirit that I shouldn't dare to touch anything that was coming up due primarily to the contentiousness of the people. That was when I realized the issue that really needed teaching on (rebuking even) was the very one in my face.
I understand that the internet concentrates the voices of the bad actors, but the fact that they are here in our community and claiming to be Christians means they need to be called out for their sinful behavior. If they are genuinely who they claim to be (followers of God) they are deserving of correction (a blessing when rightly done) and will listen to the body of Christ in as much as we speak with God.
Verses of note on this topic include:
Matthew 18:15-18
1 Corinthians 5
1 John 4:6
And miss the show? No way!Really? If that's how you feel, why have you not totally absented yourself?
A lot of comments in this thread are simply virtue signaling and holier-than-thou expressions. There is more good than bad here on CC (much more than a lot of other forums), so those who are so virtuous should just move on. Righteous judgment means fairness and objectivity. Weighing the good against the bad.
Here I sit, all broken hearted...Can't wait to see what the next person writes on this wall.
We really need to go back to the pink and blue colored "names" under our avatars. Made things so much easier...I am a she.
He is Here >> "He" is Christ Jesus
And of course you never, ever do any of these things yourself. Nope.Oh oh oh....
Now you all know that certain people have more Holy Spirit in their pinky toe than others in their whole body.
And truly that is the issue.
When some people believe that their personally derived theology is the ONLY correct theology and wish to condemn everyone else about theirs. As if everyone else only "play church" instead of Thirsting for God the way they do.
That's where the friction starts.
But asceticism is only an appearance of wisdom concerning God. It really is not. (Colossians 2:23)
It's not the stronger brother having issues with the weaker brother....it's the weaker brother telling the stronger ones how they are not measuring up.
Or someone with low hermeneutics skills trying to tell someone with advanced skills how bad they are at reading scripture. Or more commonly two with low hermeneutics skills arguing and neither having a real clue of what they are talking about. Both committing EVERY logical fallacy and listed cognitive bias possible along the way.
But that's people.
They have been doing this for thousands of years now....I don't expect them to stop being people. People be people-ing.
One finger pointing forward is three pointing back.And of course you never, ever do any of these things yourself. Nope.
Many in the BDF are simply Pharisees.
one finger pointed upward is considered rude by some folks....One finger pointing forward is three pointing back.
I'm surprised this is still an issue. I thought I cleaned the site up when I joined."I thank you Lord, that I am not like those sinners over there....."
Pretty prevalent attitude in the BDF.... It's always fun to watch the newbies come sweeping in, with grandiose essays on how WE all have missed the mark, and need to be shown the true way....
I'm surprised this is still an issue. I thought I cleaned the site up when I joined.
I put up a good fight,
oh, like you have room to talk here!I think we all know how much fighting you do. I mean you're ALWAYS starting those controversial threads just knowing it's going to get a rise out of people.
(and I hope you don't stop)
This is not the body of believers? Oh do you think the "church" is a building? What do you mean here?This is not church.