What shall a christian woman wear?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
As for me, I think you can dress in whatever you like. Besides, who are we to judge someone for what they are wearing.
The question has nothing to do with judging people, it is a question of what women who belong to Christ should wear to reflect that fact about themselves.

We are to judge what is sin, not people.

Oct 10, 2021
The question has nothing to do with judging people, it is a question of what women who belong to Christ should wear to reflect that fact about themselves.

We are to judge what is sin, not people.
My point exactly. Who are we to judge what's right or wrong for what a Christian woman should and should not wear. To "Me" its judging. Any time you feel a certain way about a persons attire is some sort of judgement. A Christian woman should wear whatever she think is comfortable. Dressing doesn't define anything about person. That's my view. God bless

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
Good evening brothers and sisters! My question is about christian women’s clothes.

So, what do you say about the way some women dress up? Does God condemn a woman that wear clevage / tight or short dresses? If yes or no, why? What should a christian woman wear?

What should you recommend or say to a woman that wears tight jeans/ short dresses / clevage?
Men are sexually aroused by what they see. Worldly women dress in ways that seem to target this male characteristic, at least in the Western world.

Christians should not be conformed to the world. Christian women should be an example to the world and dress in clothes that conceal rather than reveal. Women can dress attractively without being suggestive.

For those women who think that men can just switch off their sex drive, it's not that easy. It's as natural as hunger and thirst. However, Satan has contaminated natural desires and caused lust to infect what God intends for good. Ladies, do us a favour. No cleavage, wear something over tights, yoga pants are for the all female gym and please be careful what you wear to the beach.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
My point exactly. Who are we to judge what's right or wrong for what a Christian woman should and should not wear. To "Me" its judging. Any time you feel a certain way about a persons attire is some sort of judgement. A Christian woman should wear whatever she think is comfortable. Dressing doesn't define anything about person. That's my view. God bless
It seems to me we can look at the dresses of Hollywood exposing all parts of their body as sinful, they are even called sexy. Hollywood sexy is not sex as God gave it to man so two become one, it is only something to produce certain pleasure sensations like dope is to produce.

To understand that about certain clothing is not judging people or dictating to them what they should wear, it is looking to the Lord for the definition of sin. We are to apply this knowledge to ourselves, not others.

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
As for me, I think you can dress in whatever you like. Besides, who are we to judge someone for what they are wearing.
That is an utterly selfish remark. As Paul said, all things are lawful but not all things are edifying. Christians are not called to judge the world. We should judge within the church.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
It seems to me we can look at the dresses of Hollywood exposing all parts of their body as sinful, they are even called sexy. Hollywood sexy is not sex as God gave it to man so two become one, it is only something to produce certain pleasure sensations like dope is to produce.

To understand that about certain clothing is not judging people or dictating to them what they should wear, it is looking to the Lord for the definition of sin. We are to apply this knowledge to ourselves, not others.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
there are bras in the bible but they are called 'breastplates of righteousness'

I presume these breastplates had an element of cleavage to them as they were plateS, (plural), one for each breast.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I am glad women dont have to wear corsets anymore. They look hideous, as well as uncomfortable. Plus you had to have another person to tie you in at the back.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I think saris are nice for women though not sure how practical...thing is, its just fabric and it can mould to your shape cos its a wrap rather than your get you body having to fit into a presized clothes.

This is mostly why many women actually really hate shopping for clothes.

soberxp

May 3, 2018
Maybe men and women should wear white clothing.................Looks familiar

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Fuzzy white bathrobes for all!

One size fits most.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
there are bras in the bible but they are called 'breastplates of righteousness'

I presume these breastplates had an element of cleavage to them as they were plateS, (plural), one for each breast.
A breastplate of righteousness has absolutely nothing to do with a modern women's bra. In 1889 Herminie Caddolie of France invented the first bra.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
Hopefully some form of clothing! :p
Why not simply post that you don't want to get serious about living for the Lord, so lets just have fun. Living for the Lord has deep satisfaction, this is ha ha fun, nothing wrong with it.

jb

Feb 27, 2010
Why not simply post that you don't want to get serious about living for the Lord, so lets just have fun. Living for the Lord has deep satisfaction, this is ha ha fun, nothing wrong with it.
Lighten up...:p

PS: A bit of common sense goes a long way (on clothing)!

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
In all fairness, a lot men are just as bad. They live for the gym; they get bulked up and wear tight jeans and tight t-shirts. It's ridiculous.

S

SophieT

probably depends on the weather...........:unsure:

Oct 10, 2021
I suggest people wear what they want to wear. People going to talk regardless, so be happy with what you decide to wear.