What time do you go to sleep at night?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
K

Kim82

Sometimes I stay up late. Or I'll sleep then get up to use the bathroom and decide to go on the internet before sleeping again....is it a symptom of being single? :D

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
Idk really, but everyone gets up some time at night... and when unable to return to sleep turns to the internet, dont we... sometimes=). Ah, but being an early riser, i strive to be in bed at 9 or 10. That isnt always possible of course, and when very tired and i was just resting at, say 8, i find i have dozed off and wake up at 10 or so again, to finish stuff i meant to earlier!

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
I have insomnia, so I go to bed late and wake up early.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Sometimes I stay up late. Or I'll sleep then get up to use the bathroom and decide to go on the internet before sleeping again....is it a symptom of being single? :D
Yep.. Being single can do that to you.. I often look at the clock and it is past 1.00am while i am on the internet.. If the clock passes 2.00am i know i have been a naughty boy..

TamLynn

A heart at rest
Nov 27, 2014
I hit the hay between 9:30-10:30. I get up at 7.
I work with children so I like to get my rest to avoid being a grumpy old hag! ;)

BruceWayne

Aug 7, 2013
Gotham City
It's rare I'm asleep before 3am, even if I have to be up early. I can't remember the last time I slept a full 8 hours.

H

Hamarr

I prefer to be in bed by 10pm, but often stay up a bit later chatting online or if something is on. I have been getting to bed closer to midnight with the late night NHL playoff games lately. Same thing once football season starts. Boise State games tend to start at 8pm or later.

I used to go to midnight showings for new movies with a friend a few years back. I am way too old for that now. 😛

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
Well, I recently set a go to bed alarm because I have the tendency to get absorbed in a game or watching my way through a season of something or youtube videos etc and not pay attention to what time it is. So far it's helped me get in bed at about the right time so I'm spending 7+ hours in bed a night and getting enough sleep for my brain to function at optimum efficiency (because I'm so used to that that if I have to think about how to do a lot of things I normally do, I don't actually know how I do them (it's kind of like living without my own internal internet if I'm too tired (and yes I really do have one of those, sort of)).

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
On workdays I go to bed around 7:45 PM and get up between 3:30 and 4:00 AM. If I don't have to go to work the next morning I go to bed between 9:30 - 10:00 PM and get up in the morning between 5:30 AM and 6:15 AM..

Ellorah

Jan 28, 2019
South Carolina
Midnight ish. Up at 5 am. Seven days a week. I'm up early even the days I'm not working. 4-5 good hours of sleep and I'm good to go.

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
Midnight ish. Up at 5 am. Seven days a week. I'm up early even the days I'm not working. 4-5 good hours of sleep and I'm good to go.
That's me. 4-5 hours is usually all I get, and it's been that way all my life.

Ellorah

Jan 28, 2019
South Carolina
That's me. 4-5 hours is usually all I get, and it's been that way all my life.
Do you feel ok getting so little sleep ? I feel just fine. I’m pretty high energy. I do get told by family that I need more sleep but I feel fine. So perhaps it’s just our internal clocks are geared that way ?

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
Do you feel ok getting so little sleep ? I feel just fine. I’m pretty high energy. I do get told by family that I need more sleep but I feel fine. So perhaps it’s just our internal clocks are geared that way ?
I'd love to get more, but that's all I get, and it seems to be enough. My energy is usually high, mostly because I exercise a lot, I think.

Krumbeard

Apr 15, 2019
Between 9:30 and midnight depending on the thoughts clanging around in my noggin.

H

Hamarr

I've been regularly getting 4-5 since I started intermittent fasting a couple of months back. Some days I am dragging, but most days I have plenty of energy. I haven't been getting the afternoon crash since I started IF.

Mel85

Daughter of the True King
Mar 28, 2018
I sleep most nights just before midnight and get up most mornings before 5am.

The weekends are more flexible.