What was Sunday/Saturday sermon about?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
K

Kim82

Did you attend Sunday service or was it on Saturday? What was the sermon about at your church?

Today at our church we had a guest preacher. His sermon was based on Psalms 127:1 Unless the Lord builds the house, those who build it labor in vain.Unless the Lord watches over the city, the watchman stays awake in vain.

He spoke about things such as:

How we needed to follow the teachings of God so that we can have a sweet home, and that we cannot do it on our own.

People having children and not taking responsibility for them.

How we can find time for everything else, except going to church

The mistake of marrying a none Christian because of not being able to find a partner in the church and anyone who does so must be prepared for the consequences which will follow.

We should treat everyone else's children well and not just our own.

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
I went to church this afternoon and he spoke about preaching being a gift and that we should confront sin in love and not just stay silent

Princesa

Feb 7, 2019
Did you attend Sunday service or was it on Saturday? What was the sermon about at your church?

Today at our church we had a guest preacher. His sermon was based on Psalms 127:1 Unless the Lord builds the house, those who build it labor in vain.Unless the Lord watches over the city, the watchman stays awake in vain.

He spoke about things such as:

How we needed to follow the teachings of God so that we can have a sweet home, and that we cannot do it on our own.

People having children and not taking responsibility for them.

How we can find time for everything else, except going to church

The mistake of marrying a none Christian because of not being able to find a partner in the church and anyone who does so must be prepared for the consequences which will follow.

We should treat everyone else's children well and not just our own.
This is a beautiful basis for a sermon! I pray my fellow church goers are able to take at least a small bit from the sermon each week & go forth into the world able to apply those teachings to their lives.

K

Kim82

This is a beautiful basis for a sermon! I pray my fellow church goers are able to take at least a small bit from the sermon each week & go forth into the world able to apply those teachings to their lives.
Amen. But sometimes we get distracted and don't even remember what was preached. But definitely, we need to stay focused on the word of God.

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
Preaching was from Rom. 14, about not judging others, the weak and the strong in fatih… 1) for God has accepted others (v.3); 2) does so [eats meat or abstains] to the Lord and gives thanks to God (v. 6); and 3) for we will all stand before God’s judgment seat (v. 10).

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I work each Saturday and Sunday as part of my work week so I have no idea what the sermon was about. Hopefully I can get my schedule at work changed so I can have Saturday's off to attend morning service with my wife.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
John 1,
that Christ is God and we should bow before Him

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
The sermon this sunday was about Gods timing - Hes always right, never to early or late and also about freemasonry being a cult.

We were also made aware of our current govt trying to push for legalisation of these things...abortion, marijuana and euthansasia. Basically to make it easier for satan to kill, steal and destroy pretty much.

Marcelo

Feb 4, 2016
Nice thread! And your church seems to be nice too! Next Sunday I'll do my best to bring to you folks the important points of the sermon in my church.

K

Kim82

Let's see now, on Sunday the pastor preached on...to be honest with you, I do not remember. But then, today is Thursday so please bear with me.

Marcelo

Feb 4, 2016
Let's see now, on Sunday the pastor preached on...to be honest with you, I do not remember. But then, today is Thursday so please bear with me.
Most people are like that, but this thread will encourage us to retain the sermons.

Marcelo

Feb 4, 2016
The sermon this morning was about Haggai, chapter 1. In our church preachers are supposed to be always Spirit-led, they don't prepare their sermons and nobody knows beforehand who is going to preach. Among three preachers present today, only our elder felt Spirit-led to deliver a sermon.

The elder read that portion of Scripture, gave us the historical background and exhorted the church:

"Some people in here are too much concerned about their own earthly lives. They do a terrific job at their workplaces with a view to reaping earthly benefits; they take good care of their health, of their homes, their car, their spouses, kids, pets, etc., but their spiritual lives are decaying.

My brother – or sister -- you have no time for Bible reading, no time for prayer and you come over here just to warm the benches! Remember when the Lord delivered you from Egypt (from the world)? Remember your long and fervent prayers at the feet of the Lord? God's promises for us are much greater that those He made to His people in the days of Moses. There's is absolutely no compare between the "rewards" of this deceitful world and the true rewards of the world to come.

Stop paneling your earthly homes;! It's time for rebuilding the Temple, and God's temple now is the Church. Play the part you've been assigned by God, according to your gift and above all pursue sanctification, without which no one will see the Lord".

The elder went into details on how to lead a holy life in a sinful world like ours. It was a great service! Praise God!

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Our preacher started a series unpacking our church "mission statement" which is based on Matthew 28:19-20. He emphasized the "team" nature of accomplishing the goal and the need for us to put effort into fulfilling the calling God has for us.

K

Kim82

This week's sermon had to do with the mouth and how it was hard for us to control the tongue, James 3:5. Whatever is in our heart, this is what we speak and that is why it is important for us to use the word of God to guard our heart that we may learn to control our mouth so that it does not get us into any trouble.

K

Kim82

In our church preachers are supposed to be always Spirit-led, they don't prepare their sermons and nobody knows beforehand who is going to preach.
Not many have this gift it seems. But as long as their prepared speech lines up with the word of God, then I think that's OK too :D

Marcelo

Feb 4, 2016
Not many have this gift it seems. But as long as their prepared speech lines up with the word of God, then I think that's OK too :D
I perfectly agree with you. The elder who delivered the sermon last Sunday is really gifted; he is humble and is not concerned about making a name for himself. But unfortunately not all preachers in my denomination are like that; there are many who just pose as prophets.

It is better a prepared sermon in line with Scriptures, than an improvised show of lies and truths mixed up together.:p

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
The week before, i was at our old/former church in another town, with celebrations of God's faithfulness through and through. There were a few messengers, who all spoke of the different aspects how God is faithful to us. And how we can be to Him to. Yest., i got to review my notes, and as i hadnt enough time to write now either, i shall return!

I thought... hoped... there would be more posters to the thread really=).