What will it be like in Heaven?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Addison

Jun 28, 2014
Hiya everyone.

Scriptures only please if this is okay with everyone.

I think I remember maybe a verse or so where the angels were like, "Holy, holy, holy" and such.

I'm sure it was justified for that Biblical occasion, but being stuck on constant repeat for all of eternity, though God deserves such praise, well, it doesn't seem all that fun or interactive.

I'm just curious as to some of the activity mentioned in the Bible of what it's like to be there.

Thanks ahead and God bless.

Mar 28, 2016
Ecc 9:5 For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.

When we leave here under the Sun our memories of here will cease. But the memorizes of us that others have will remain even though some who suffer Alzheimer will start earlier.It is a blessing that it is not the other way around as if we would lose our memory of them who are no longer here.

Isaiah 65:17 For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.

Revelation 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

U

Ultimatum77

Hiya everyone.

I think I remember maybe a verse or so where the angels were like, "Holy, holy, holy" and such.

I'm sure it was justified for that Biblical occasion, but being stuck on constant repeat for all of eternity, though God deserves such praise, well, it doesn't seem all that fun or interactive.

I'm just curious as to some of the activity mentioned in the Bible of what it's like to be there.

The verse your probably thinking about is in the later half of Revelation I think 18 or 19 but not sure....

Well I agree, it would be boring to have as my sister says 24/7 church in heaven....i bet even God would get tired of everyone constantly praising Him? There are probably a lot of activities to do in heaven...there's going to be a banquet (can't praise and eat at the same time can we lol?) me being a food guy, I'm looking forward to chowing down on some seriously good stuff and not worrying about cholesterol or weight etc...there's also going to be wine there ...so yea im down with that....

Revelation 19 talks of the marriage supper of the lamb...and for all those people who say it's a metaphor....my question is have you ever been to a wedding where there is no food/celebration? lol

Rev 19: 6-9

Then I heard what seemed to be the voice of a great multitude, like the roar of many waters and like the sound of mighty peals of thunder, crying out,“Hallelujah!
For the Lord our God
the Almighty reigns.
[SUP]7 [/SUP]Let us rejoice and exult
and give him the glory,
for the marriage of the Lamb has come,
and his Bride has made herself ready;
[SUP]8 [/SUP]it was granted her to clothe herself
with fine linen, bright and pure”—

for the fine linen is the righteous deeds of the saints.
[SUP]9 [/SUP]And the angel said[SUP][a][/SUP] to me, “Write this: Blessed are those who are invited to the marriage supper of the Lamb.” And he said to me, “These are the true words of God.”

Jesus said there would be a banquet/feast in heaven as well when he drinks the cup of the new covenant with us in Heaven...

Matt 8:11 Many will come from n,e,s,w and join Abraham at the feast in Heaven....

There will be streets of gold....Im assuming we have to walk everywhere and that chariot races are outlawed ;)

Some people squabble over whether you get a mansion or just a room....I hope it's a mansion after all I want a pad for myself and as it is too much hanging around church people can bore me imagine 24/7...ugh..no thanks... a mansion is what I'm hoping for not a room lol.....

We'll be able to ghost through walls b/c when Jesus appeared to the 12 in his glorified body he ghosted through to the place where they were.....yet he said to Mary to not to touch b/c he hadn't gone to the Father....but Thomas was allowed to touch him so I'm assuming his glorified body was the one that can ghost through? again not doctrine but just my hunch....

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
It will be better than this place that's for sure.

U

Ultimatum77

Ecc 9:5 For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.

When we leave here under the Sun our memories of here will cease. But the memorizes of us that others have will remain even though some who suffer Alzheimer will start earlier.It is a blessing that it is not the other way around as if we would lose our memory of them who are no longer here.

Isaiah 65:17 For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.

Revelation 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
But the other question is ....when it says God shall wipe away tears from their eyes, that means they had to remember something to be crying also when the martyrs are crying from under the altar for justice b/c of the way they died how would they remember that? Interested to hear your response brother! :)

M

Mooky

Hey Addison,
Believe it or not we will have work to do in heaven.But unlike work on earth that is affected by the curse of sin our work will be satisfying, fulfilling and enjoyable.Think of all your unused talents that you will be able to develop to their full capacity.You will have all of eternity to perfect your craft and you will do it to Gods glory.

Here is a link from gotquestions.org which might also give you a better idea of heaven.

What will we be doing in Heaven? What will we do in Heaven?

Heaven will not be boring at all!Think of going from ecstatic bliss to ecstatic bliss throughout all eternity! Think of all the best things of earth - food, music, art, nature, animals , friendship , relaxation, excitement, love....minus struggle, frustration, lonliness, pain , irritation .....thos is but a faint picture of what heaven will be like.

1 Corinthians 2:9 says: "But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him."

It is because heaven will be so wonderful that we can endure suffering for this blink of an eye called our earthly life.Indeed, we can maximize our joy then by being faithful and diligent in the things of God now.

Colossians 3:2 says: "Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth."

And 2 Corinthians 4:18 :"While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal."

Heaven will be better than our wildest dreams.We will have glorified bodies and glorified minds - bearing the very image of Jesus Christ our King.
Romans 8:18 says: " For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us."

U

Ultimatum77

Hey Addison,
Believe it or not we will have work to do in heaven.But unlike work on earth that is affected by the curse of sin our work will be satisfying, fulfilling and enjoyable.Think of all your unused talents that you will be able to develop to their full capacity.You will have all of eternity to perfect your craft and you will do it to Gods glory.

Here is a link from gotquestions.org which might also give you a better idea of heaven.

What will we be doing in Heaven? What will we do in Heaven?

Heaven will not be boring at all!Think of going from ecstatic bliss to ecstatic bliss throughout all eternity! Think of all the best things of earth - food, music, art, nature, animals , friendship , relaxation, excitement, love....minus struggle, frustration, lonliness, pain , irritation .....thos is but a faint picture of what heaven will be like.

1 Corinthians 2:9 says: "But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him."

It is because heaven will be so wonderful that we can endure suffering for this blink of an eye called our earthly life.Indeed, we can maximize our joy then by being faithful and diligent in the things of God now.

Colossians 3:2 says: "Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth."

And 2 Corinthians 4:18 :"While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal."

Heaven will be better than our wildest dreams.We will have glorified bodies and glorified minds - bearing the very image of Jesus Christ our King.
Romans 8:18 says: " For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us."

Work? NOOO!!!! lol :)I always wanted an extended vacation type thing....what kind of work would we do there? I mean if we needed something like say a mango, we could just go to God and say Hi Father God could I have a mango, and he'd be like okay boom done....and there's a mango in our hand....

There's also nobody to save there lol....so im interested in what kind of work you think we will do there? Maybe you're right b/c the tree of life will be there which it was in the garden of eden...so maybe eden is in heaven and we'll all be farmers b/c that's what Adam/Eve initially were pretty much gardeners/farmers.... idk but interesting to think about.... :)

M

Mooky

Hey Ultimatum,
Remember that work came before the fall.Work in and of itself was meant to be a fulfilling and life giving activity but now because of sin , it has become a toil and struggle.

What kinds of work will we be doing?What kind of work WON'T we be doing is the question.Johan Sebastian Bach will be there composing fine symphonies ....Michaelangelo will be beautifying the gardens with sculptures.Many ministers will have to retrain though as everyone will know God.
I for one hope that I will have a cat farm and will also get to make electronic music and create heavenly garments for people to wear.:)

Yonah

Oct 31, 2014
Hiya everyone.

well lets start with the fact that we will not be spending eternity in Heaven... (Rev. 21:1) (Rev. 21:3) the idea of folks just doing the same everyday is (In my opinion) an error, of all the a vastness of the iniverse we will be spending millennia discovering the wonders of His creation... and that's only part of it, (1Cor. 2:9) we cannot even imagine the things he has for those who are redeemed from the earth.

Joidevivre

Jul 15, 2014
Have you ever had a moment when you were caught up in the presence of Christ and His glory was like a weight upon you?
Nothing is quite like that - and then you know that you just had a taste of what heaven will be like. Just a taste.

We can read and read scripture, but when we come into an intimate relationship with Christ, the questions just fall away about what it will be like in heaven. He is heaven. And you know that those moments will only be magnified after leaving earth.

Dec 19, 2009
Hiya everyone.

I believe you will find that heaven is what our lives turn in to when we repent of our sin (Matt 4:17). I believe you will find that when we die, we pass onto the resurrection. I was thinking about that this morning, wondering if we'd have jobs in the resurrection, and how many hours a week we'd work if we did have jobs.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
This is what the LORD says: "Heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool."

I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first
heaven and the first earth were passed away

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Look! God's dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God."

Our dwelling place is to be the new earth.

D

Diego007

I always thought of Heaven being rather like a Perpetual Divine Service, which is what we Lutherans call the Holy Eucharistic Feast, the primary act of worship of the Church. The Roman Catholics call it Holy Mass, the Anglicans call it Holy Communion (or sometimes Holy Eucharist, or or even Holy Mass if they are trying to ape Rome), the Orthodox call it Divine Liturgy. The reason I think this is because that is what the descriptions of Heaven look like in John's depiction of his Revelation.

I know most of you are devout Protestants, and that is fine. This is just my perspective on things.

prove-all

May 16, 2014
Heaven ? Jesus said :

“No man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven,
even the Son of man [Jesus Christ] which is in heaven”? (John 3:13).

Peter said that King David, a man after God’s own heart (Acts 13:22),
“is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day. …
For David is not ascended into the heavens”? (Acts 2:29, 34).

Christ preached the gospel—the “good news”—of the coming Kingdom of God.
Mark 1:14; Matthew 9:35.

Notice in Matthew 7:21 that it is the Kingdom “of” heaven—not in heaven!
It is the Kingdom of, or owned and ruled by, heaven, but will be on earth.

The “meek” and the “poor in spirit”—in other words, humble Christians,
they shall inherit the Earth for an everlasting possession, and shall enter
the “kingdom of heaven,” which will be on Earth! Matthew 5

-Christians today are to pray earnestly: “thy kingdom COME”!

The word “come” implies it will come to Earth. Christ did not tell us to pray,
“Let us go to heaven”! Obviously God’s Kingdom has not come to the Earth yet.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
what.jpg

Asks for "scriptures only," then types two paragraphs of personal opinions.........

wolfwint

Feb 15, 2014
Hiya everyone.

Addison, you ask the wrong folk :)

D

Depleted

Hiya everyone.

Every scripture about what heaven is like has God above some blue stuff (some kind of semi-precious gem), the ones getting the visions can only see his feet, and the angels are there to serve and worship him nonstop. If "constant repeat" is a problem for you, then it is a problem, for you. That is heaven in all its glory -- God as the center and his people worshiping him along with the angels eternally. This is what we were created to do. This is our purpose. Heaven just gets rid of all the distractions. We finally have the time -- all the time (or lack thereof) -- to do what we were created to do. Worship God in all his glory.