Whatcha studying...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
I am studying as to how can we hear God not seen as the eternal things of God according to his prescriptions. And not men seen the temporal as the things of men?

I am studying the purpose of the first century reformation and how it affects the new order of government on this side of the reformation or cross.

I find it interesting as to why God used the unbelieving Jew for the temporal time period before the reformation as Kings in a historically true parable using the Jews a as a shadow of the good thing to come. The veil is rent.

Why did God as King of kings, give the apostate Jew over to do that which they should not of, again for that temporal time period?
Oh I love how your mind works, please if you find insight will u share?

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
He even gave them first choice and they chose Saul who in the end resorted to necromancy when God refused to commune with Him.

:)
Sometimes, God will give us what we want just to prove a point methinks. He knew Saul would turn out the way he did, and that, eventually, He would anoint David to be King, but the folks just had to have their way, and He kinda said............"Seriously? Well, ok."

One of the reasons we should all be careful when we pray, and to do as Jesus did in the Garden, and say "nevertheless, not my will, but thy will be done."
Couldn't agree more

PyongPing

Oct 9, 2018
www.worldincrisis.org
So much of what He has shown you, I have yet to understand, like the sea of glass. I am excited because He has shown me so much but so much still to understand. Your response has me so encouraged, thank you.
Would you like to see what the LORD has shared with me on it? I would not mind sharing with you, but keep in mind, it is deep stuff, and yet so profound, and each scripture tied to it, must be prayerfully considered. If you think you would like a look at it, then I will share it with you, for as it was gifted to me by God, I cannot but share His love with you in it, for the gifts of God are not meant to be hoarded selfishly, but shared with my brothers and sisters.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Would you like to see what the LORD has shared with me on it? I would not mind sharing with you, but keep in mind, it is deep stuff, and yet so profound, and each scripture tied to it, must be prayerfully considered. If you think you would like a look at it, then I will share it with you, for as it was gifted to me by God, I cannot but share His love with you in it, for the gifts of God are not meant to be hoarded selfishly, but shared with my brothers and sisters.
Sure that would be wonderful

PyongPing

Oct 9, 2018
www.worldincrisis.org
Ok sister, I pray you (personally) are blessed by this as I was as the LORD showed it to me (and I always have more to share (1,000's of pages)). Stunned me, in how simple, yet 'deep' it was (you'll get that in a minute. ;) ), please take a serious moment to pray before you read, and then read each and every single text (KJB) presented from the Bible, and so not skip even one, even if it seem redundant, and compare what is presented with scripture (KJB), and "Prove all things; hold fast that which is good." (1 Thessalonians 5:21).

The Sea of Glass - The Image of God Restored, the Ultimate Triumph of the Church

I ask all who read what I share in any place in these forums, to humbly pray (as I myself have done) upon their knees to their Father in Heaven in the name of Jesus, seeking for instruction of the Holy Ghost in the word of God, comparing spiritual things with spiritual (1 Corinthians 2:13). God interprets His own word unto us (Genesis 40:8; 2 Peter 1:21), line upon line, precept upon precept (Isaiah 28:10,13), beginning with the foundation (1 Corinthians 3:11). These studies are not often short, but require deep digging in the word, careful reading (microscopically, as a brother I know loves to say) and therefore let us have patience with one another.

2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

What is the purpose of understanding the books of Daniel, and the book of Revelation? Is it to merely identify end-time powers? No, they are given, that we, Christ's followers, may perfectly reflect His image, that our own lives may be a Revelation of His beautiful Character of love - Hebrews 1:3.

If a person were to understand the following verse, they would have one of the very keys in scripture to unlock the wisdom of God, for therein is every teaching of God in the plan of redemption:

Psalms 77:13 Thy way, O God, is in the sanctuary: who is so great a God as our God?

Here are the texts under consideration:

Revelation 15:1 And I saw another sign in heaven, great and marvellous, seven angels having the seven last plagues; for in them is filled up the wrath of God.

Revelation 15:2 And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God.

A parallel text to Revelation 15:2 is Revelation 4:6

Revelation 4:6 And before the throne there was a sea of glass like unto crystal: and in the midst of the throne, and round about the throne, were four beasts full of eyes before and behind.

What is this "sea of glass"? What does it mean, and what does it have to do with them that had gotten the victory?

In Revelation 15:2 we see the ultimate triumph of the saints of God, in the expression "them that had gotten the victory", over 4 things:

1. over "the beast" (Revelation 13:1-10)
2. over his "image" (Revelation 13:11-17)
3. over the "mark" of "the beast" (Revelation 13:16,17, 14:9,11, 15:2, 16:2, 19:20, 20:4)
4. over "the number of his name", being "six hundred threescore and six" (Revelation 13:17-18, 14:11, 15:2)

At another time, we may consider those elements more specifically.

Let us consider the "sea of glass".

Locationally it is said that it is "before the throne (of God)" (Revelation 4:6), and the word "before" means across from, or in front of, or positionally opposite from, sometimes positively, othertimes negatively (see Genesis 6:11, 7:1, 10:9, 13:9; Matthew 2:9, 5:24; Mark 5:33; Luke 1:6). This is important in connection with Psalms 77:13.

What is a "sea"?

Genesis 1:10 And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.

The "sea" is the place of the "gathering together of the waters".

Waters are "peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues" (Revelation 17:15; see also Psalms 65:7; Isaiah 17:12,13; Jeremiah 51:42).

There are heavenly (spiritually minded) 'waters' and earthly (carnal minded) 'waters', even as Abraham (who was to be made into a nation) was called out of Babylon and the peoples thereof, and the waters were divided, with a space between them, just as in Genesis 1:6-7 (more on this later, for all of human history is found in Genesis 1-2; as per Isaiah 46:9-10; Matthew 13:35). Keep in mind that these 'waters' are before the Throne of God, and thus represent Heavenly waters (an Heavenly hearted peoples).

Yet the "sea" is more than what is revealed in Genesis 1:10. Look again, for it is also "the laver" of brass, of the Tabernacle, the Temple of God (Exodus 30:18,28, 31:9, 35:16, 38:8, 39:39, 40:7,11,30; Leviticus 8:11; 1 Kings 7:30,38; 2 Kings 16:17), the "brasen sea" (1 Kings 7:23,24,25,39,44; 2 Kings 16:17, 25:13,16; 1 Chronicles 18:8; 2 Chronicles 4:2,3,4,6,10,15; Jeremiah 52:17,20), the bowl or deep basin in which waters were to be gathered together, and in which the blood of the sacrifice would be washed into, and flow to the bottom (blood and water, like the Red Sea (Psalms 77:19; Hebrews 11:29), like birth and rebirth (John 3), like baptism (1 John 5:6,8), like the book of Acts (the book of the Laver), like at the cross (John 19:34; 1 John 5:6,8), like death, burial and resurrection (Romans 6), and our sins are cast into the depth of the sea (Micah 7:19))

The "waters" which are thus "gathered together" "cover" and fill the "sea", the basin/bowl (like a bathroom sink, which fills with water, the sink is the 'bowl/basin' and the waters fill it):

Isaiah 11:9 They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.

Habakkuk 2:14 For the earth shall be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.

The "sea" is of "glass". What then is this "glass"?

It is a "looking glass", a mirror, of which the Laver of the Tabernacle was made of the polished brass glass (mirrors) of the women (a symbol of the church, even the church in the wilderness (Acts 7:38)):

Exodus 38:8 And he made the laver of brass, and the foot of it of brass, of the lookingglasses of the women assembling, which assembled at the door of the tabernacle of the congregation.

See/Sea and look:

Job 37:18 Hast thou with him spread out the sky, which is strong, and as a molten looking glass?

1 Corinthians 13:12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

2 Corinthians 3:18 But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

James 1:23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:

Revelation 21:18 And the building of the wall of it was of jasper: and the city was pure gold, like unto clear glass.

Revelation 21:21 And the twelve gates were twelve pearls; every several gate was of one pearl: and the street of the city was pure gold, as it were transparent glass.

... to be continued ...

PyongPing

Oct 9, 2018
www.worldincrisis.org
... continued ...

Yet this Sea is like unto "crystal".

What then is this "crystal" and what is it related to?

The blue sapphire stone on which is the Law of God, the Ten Commandments, carved from the very Throne of God, which are the foundation of God's government and Kingdom, the heart of His own Character transcribed (Exodus 33:12-23, 34:1-9; Exodus 20:5-6; Psalms 40:8), as written: Exodus 28:28,31,37, 31:18, 32:16 "And the tables [were] the work of God, and the writing [was] the writing of God, graven upon the tables." and Exodus 39:21-22,31.

Ezekiel 1:22 And the likeness of the firmament upon the heads of the living creature was as the colour of the terrible crystal, stretched forth over their heads above.

Ezekiel 1:26 And above the firmament that was over their heads was the likeness of a throne, as the appearance of a sapphire stone: and upon the likeness of the throne was the likeness as the appearance of a man above upon it.

Ezekiel 10:1 Then I looked, and, behold, in the firmament that was above the head of the cherubims there appeared over them as it were a sapphire stone, as the appearance of the likeness of a throne.

Exodus 24:10 And they saw the God of Israel: and there was under his feet as it were a paved work of a sapphire stone, and as it were the body of heaven in his clearness.

Exodus 24:12 And the LORD said unto Moses, Come up to me into the mount, and be there: and I will give thee tables of stone, and a law, and commandments which I have written; that thou mayest teach them.

Exodus 24:12 HOT Translit. waYomer y'hwäh el-mosheh álëh ëlay hähäräh weh'yëh-shäm w'eT'näh l'khä et-luchot even w'haTôräh w'haMitz'wäh ásher Kätav'Tiy l'hôrotäm

Thus 'tables of the stone' (Exodus 24:10,12), cut from the sapphire (blue) foundation of the Throne of God itself.

Numbers 15:38 Speak unto the children of Israel, and bid them that they make them fringes in the borders of their garments throughout their generations, and that they put upon the fringe of the borders a ribband of blue:

Numbers 15:39 And it shall be unto you for a fringe, that ye may look upon it, and remember all the commandments of the LORD, and do them; and that ye seek not after your own heart and your own eyes, after which ye use to go a whoring:

Numbers 15:40 That ye may remember, and do all my commandments, and be holy unto your God.

Even according to non-scriptural sources, such as the Legends of the Jews, by Louis Ginzberg, picked up on this,

"...Moses departed from the heavens with the two tables on which the Ten Commandments were engraved, and just the words of it are by nature Divine, so too are the tables on which they are engraved. These were created by God's own hand in the dusk of the first Sabbath at the close of the creation, and were made of a sapphire-like stone...." - Legends of the Jews, Volume 3, page 258 - https://archive.org/stream/legendsofthejews02881gut/3lotj10.txt
"...state that the sapphire employed for the tables was taken from the throne of Glory..." - Legends of the Jews, Volume 6; page 49 [see also page 59] - https://books.google.nl/books?ei=UW...+6&q=sapphire&redir_esc=y&hl=nl#search_anchor

Also the Targum,

"...Then it was said to Moses: 83 "Ascend to the firmament and I will give you two tables of stone, 84 hewn from the sapphire of the throne of My glory, 85 gleaming like fine gold, arranged in lines 86 and written by My finger. 87 Engraved on them are the Ten Words, 88 refined more than silver that has been refined seven times seven [ways] -- that is the sum total of the principles..." - The Aramiac Bible, the Targums; by Phillip Alexander, page 89-90 [especially see Note 85] - https://books.google.nl/books?id=hDwnbqLbwqgC&printsec=frontcover&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q&f=false

... to be continued ...

PyongPing

Oct 9, 2018
www.worldincrisis.org
... continued ...

This "sea of glass" was "mingled with fire". What is this "fire" which is "mingled" with it?

It is the indwelling of the Holy Ghost, the fulness (John 3:34, 20:21) of the pure and holy fire of God's perfect love (Galatians 5:22), for as water cleanses only the external, fire cleanses all within, internal, through and through, leaving nothing untouched.

Deuteronomy 4:24 For the LORD thy God is a consuming fire, even a jealous God.

Deuteronomy 9:3 Understand therefore this day, that the LORD thy God is he which goeth over before thee; as a consuming fire he shall destroy them, and he shall bring them down before thy face: so shalt thou drive them out, and destroy them quickly, as the LORD hath said unto thee.

Song of Songs/Solomon 8:7 Many waters cannot quench love, neither can the floods drown it: if a man would give all the substance of his house for love, it would utterly be contemned.

The bitter and cold waters (for the heathen did rage and imagine a vain thing) surrounded Christ Jesus upon the Cross, seeking to crush out love, to wash away the Rock, to blot out the Light, yet they could not quench Love, but the righteous Branch was cast into them (waters of turmoil and bitterness), turning many of them sweet, with the Gospel of the Father's Love, the Tree of Life bore fruit, and continues to bear fruit upon the good soil of the mind in the Calvary of the mind/heat, the place of the skull.

Isaiah 10:17 And the light of Israel shall be for a fire, and his Holy One for a flame: and it shall burn and devour his thorns and his briers in one day;

Matthew 3:11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:

Luke 3:16 John answered, saying unto them all, I indeed baptize you with water; but one mightier than I cometh, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire:

Hebrews 12:29 For our God is a consuming fire.

1 John 4:8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

1 John 4:15 Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.

1 John 4:16 And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.

1 John 4:17 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.

1 John 4:18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

Even as Jesus (perfect Love) cast out satan (the spirit of fear) from Heaven, before, and again at the Cross, forever (Revelation 12:10-12; Revelation 5:6), He cast satan out of the Heart of those who received Jesus, for the Kingdom of God, is within you (so much more on this, it is very, very deep, tying back to the "first dominion" and what that really is).

What is then to "stand"?

It is the opposite of fallen (Genesis 4:6,7; as sin; Psalms 20:8, 36:12; Isaiah 14:12; Psalms 1:5, 5:5, 130:3; Lamentations 5:16; Hosea 14:1; Matthew 7:26-27; Luke 6:49; Galatians 5:4; Revelation 2:5, 9:1; as Lucifer fell, as Adam fell, but God had made man/Adam in His own image, He made man "upright" (Ecclesiastes 7:29), standing in righteousness and without sin (Psalms 4:4, 20:8, 24:3-4; Proverbs 12:7, 19:21; Isaiah 46:10; Malachi 3:2; Matthew 7:24-25; Luke 6:46-48, 21:36; Romans 5:2, 14:4; Ephesians 6:13; Colossians 4:12), to be resurrected from the spiritually dead and living unto God, having a kingdom (a King's (Psalms 8:5; Hebrews 2:9) dominion in stewardship, even over himself first, in submission to God)), it is overcoming, even victory over all things that beset us (1 John 5:4,5; Revelaton 2:7,11,17,26, 3:5,12,21, 12:11, 21:7).

Therefore, as the great Spiritual Laver/Sea, filled with the Spiritual peoples, the children of God, who are indwelt with the fullness of the Holy Ghost, the indwelling of God, who is Love, having victory over all things, having the law of God written in the heart by the Holy Ghost (the New, aka Eternal and Everlasting Covenant fulfilled as promised), having their Father's name, His Character in their foreheads, shall stand upon the Sea (covering/filling it), and thus "stand" before (in front of) the Throne of God, and as God looks down at His people, looking into His "mirror" (for calm waters filled with perfect peace, are as a mirror), who are filled with the perfect Peace of God, the Gospel (the great mystery of God) revealed in their lives, God sees His own face (as it is in Christ Jesus, 2 Corinthians 4:4-6), perfectly reflected and returned back to Himself - Love.

Yet the wicked are not so.

Isaiah 57:20 But the wicked are like the troubled sea, when it cannot rest, whose waters cast up mire and dirt.

A troubled sea, the finally impenitent and unrepentant sinners only stir up the mire and dirt of sin of their own hearts from the depths below, darkening the waters, raging and foaming out their own shame, distorting the image and cannot reflect the love of God back to Him who is Love and shall never stand.

May your heart thrill and desire with all to be a part of that people who "stand" having the victory over all things in Christ Jesus (Revelation 3:21). Amen.

PyongPing

Oct 9, 2018
www.worldincrisis.org
Correction on last post:

"... Even as Jesus (perfect Love) cast out satan (the spirit of fear) from Heaven, before, and again at the Cross, forever (Revelation 12:10-12; Revelation 5:6), ..."

Should read:

"... Even as Jesus (perfect Love) cast out satan (the spirit of fear) from Heaven, before, and again at the Cross, forever (Revelation 12:10-12; Romans 5:6), ..."

Apologies.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
I just finished a commentary on the Torah, the first five books of the bible. I is very in depth, it took countless hours and days to finish.

It was written by a man who retired early and then went to Israel to study for eight years. The study included a lot of history. The deep sea scrolls has opened up understanding of ancient languages so we have a better understanding of what old testament language. Also it included how these scriptures relate in the NT.

Now I am deep in a study of Romans by this same man. I so enjoy his commentaries because he has such a knowledge of the different times, people, and life style of the setting each book of scripture is set in.

His commentary on Romans shows Paul as a diaspora Jew who had been a star pupil in Gamaliel's School, graduating as a rabbi. Paul organized his letter to the Roman church as Gamaliel's school taught, even using some of the phraseology such as heaven forbid and what shall we then say.

lightbearer

Jun 17, 2017
HBG. Pa. USA
...in the bible, have you found any new nuggets that you'd like to share or discuss?
Yeppers! Here are the Scripture.

I am thanking my God always concerning you over the grace of God which is being given you in Christ Jesus, for in everything are you enriched in him, in all expression and all knowledge, according as the testimony of the Christ was confirmed IN you, so that you are not deficient in any grace, awaiting the unveiling of our Lord Jesus Christ, Who will be confirming you also until the consummation, blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ."
(1Co 1:4-8)

And the dragon was enraged over the woman, and went away to make war with the rest of her seed, those keeping the commandments of God, and having the testimony of the Jesus Christ.
(Rev 12:17)
And I fall in front of his feet to worship him. And he is saying to me, "See! No! A fellow slave of yours am I, and of your brethren who have the testimony of the Jesus. Worship God! for the testimony of the Jesus is the spirit of (the) prophecy."
(Rev 19:10)

There is a lot in them verse but I highlighted in bold the emphasis that I want to share. Beyond that I will refrain from any commentary at this time. What do you see?

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Yeppers! Here are the Scripture.

I am thanking my God always concerning you over the grace of God which is being given you in Christ Jesus, for in everything are you enriched in him, in all expression and all knowledge, according as the testimony of the Christ was confirmed IN you, so that you are not deficient in any grace, awaiting the unveiling of our Lord Jesus Christ, Who will be confirming you also until the consummation, blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ."
(1Co 1:4-8)

And the dragon was enraged over the woman, and went away to make war with the rest of her seed, those keeping the commandments of God, and having the testimony of the Jesus Christ.
(Rev 12:17)
And I fall in front of his feet to worship him. And he is saying to me, "See! No! A fellow slave of yours am I, and of your brethren who have the testimony of the Jesus. Worship God! for the testimony of the Jesus is the spirit of (the) prophecy."
(Rev 19:10)

There is a lot in them verse but I highlighted in bold the emphasis that I want to share. Beyond that I will refrain from any commentary at this time. What do you see?
I'm so trying to see what you are seeing. Is it that the very testimony of Jesus Christ is the the liberty which sets us free? I think you see more, please enlighten me. Thanks for your input and time.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
I just finished a commentary on the Torah, the first five books of the bible. I is very in depth, it took countless hours and days to finish.

It was written by a man who retired early and then went to Israel to study for eight years. The study included a lot of history. The deep sea scrolls has opened up understanding of ancient languages so we have a better understanding of what old testament language. Also it included how these scriptures relate in the NT.

Now I am deep in a study of Romans by this same man. I so enjoy his commentaries because he has such a knowledge of the different times, people, and life style of the setting each book of scripture is set in.

His commentary on Romans shows Paul as a diaspora Jew who had been a star pupil in Gamaliel's School, graduating as a rabbi. Paul organized his letter to the Roman church as Gamaliel's school taught, even using some of the phraseology such as heaven forbid and what shall we then say.
Can you share who this man is you are studying with? I am intrigued. Thank you.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
... continued ...

This "sea of glass" was "mingled with fire". What is this "fire" which is "mingled" with it?

It is the indwelling of the Holy Ghost, the fulness (John 3:34, 20:21) of the pure and holy fire of God's perfect love (Galatians 5:22), for as water cleanses only the external, fire cleanses all within, internal, through and through, leaving nothing untouched.

Deuteronomy 4:24 For the LORD thy God is a consuming fire, even a jealous God.

Deuteronomy 9:3 Understand therefore this day, that the LORD thy God is he which goeth over before thee; as a consuming fire he shall destroy them, and he shall bring them down before thy face: so shalt thou drive them out, and destroy them quickly, as the LORD hath said unto thee.

Song of Songs/Solomon 8:7 Many waters cannot quench love, neither can the floods drown it: if a man would give all the substance of his house for love, it would utterly be contemned.

The bitter and cold waters (for the heathen did rage and imagine a vain thing) surrounded Christ Jesus upon the Cross, seeking to crush out love, to wash away the Rock, to blot out the Light, yet they could not quench Love, but the righteous Branch was cast into them (waters of turmoil and bitterness), turning many of them sweet, with the Gospel of the Father's Love, the Tree of Life bore fruit, and continues to bear fruit upon the good soil of the mind in the Calvary of the mind/heat, the place of the skull.

Isaiah 10:17 And the light of Israel shall be for a fire, and his Holy One for a flame: and it shall burn and devour his thorns and his briers in one day;

Matthew 3:11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:

Luke 3:16 John answered, saying unto them all, I indeed baptize you with water; but one mightier than I cometh, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire:

Hebrews 12:29 For our God is a consuming fire.

1 John 4:8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

1 John 4:15 Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.

1 John 4:16 And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.

1 John 4:17 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.

1 John 4:18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

Even as Jesus (perfect Love) cast out satan (the spirit of fear) from Heaven, before, and again at the Cross, forever (Revelation 12:10-12; Revelation 5:6), He cast satan out of the Heart of those who received Jesus, for the Kingdom of God, is within you (so much more on this, it is very, very deep, tying back to the "first dominion" and what that really is).

What is then to "stand"?

It is the opposite of fallen (Genesis 4:6,7; as sin; Psalms 20:8, 36:12; Isaiah 14:12; Psalms 1:5, 5:5, 130:3; Lamentations 5:16; Hosea 14:1; Matthew 7:26-27; Luke 6:49; Galatians 5:4; Revelation 2:5, 9:1; as Lucifer fell, as Adam fell, but God had made man/Adam in His own image, He made man "upright" (Ecclesiastes 7:29), standing in righteousness and without sin (Psalms 4:4, 20:8, 24:3-4; Proverbs 12:7, 19:21; Isaiah 46:10; Malachi 3:2; Matthew 7:24-25; Luke 6:46-48, 21:36; Romans 5:2, 14:4; Ephesians 6:13; Colossians 4:12), to be resurrected from the spiritually dead and living unto God, having a kingdom (a King's (Psalms 8:5; Hebrews 2:9) dominion in stewardship, even over himself first, in submission to God)), it is overcoming, even victory over all things that beset us (1 John 5:4,5; Revelaton 2:7,11,17,26, 3:5,12,21, 12:11, 21:7).

Therefore, as the great Spiritual Laver/Sea, filled with the Spiritual peoples, the children of God, who are indwelt with the fullness of the Holy Ghost, the indwelling of God, who is Love, having victory over all things, having the law of God written in the heart by the Holy Ghost (the New, aka Eternal and Everlasting Covenant fulfilled as promised), having their Father's name, His Character in their foreheads, shall stand upon the Sea (covering/filling it), and thus "stand" before (in front of) the Throne of God, and as God looks down at His people, looking into His "mirror" (for calm waters filled with perfect peace, are as a mirror), who are filled with the perfect Peace of God, the Gospel (the great mystery of God) revealed in their lives, God sees His own face (as it is in Christ Jesus, 2 Corinthians 4:4-6), perfectly reflected and returned back to Himself - Love.

Yet the wicked are not so.

Isaiah 57:20 But the wicked are like the troubled sea, when it cannot rest, whose waters cast up mire and dirt.

A troubled sea, the finally impenitent and unrepentant sinners only stir up the mire and dirt of sin of their own hearts from the depths below, darkening the waters, raging and foaming out their own shame, distorting the image and cannot reflect the love of God back to Him who is Love and shall never stand.

May your heart thrill and desire with all to be a part of that people who "stand" having the victory over all things in Christ Jesus (Revelation 3:21). Amen.
I came back and studied this better, wow!!! God is using u, big time. THANK YOU!!!

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Ok sister, I pray you (personally) are blessed by this as I was as the LORD showed it to me (and I always have more to share (1,000's of pages)). Stunned me, in how simple, yet 'deep' it was (you'll get that in a minute. ;) ), please take a serious moment to pray before you read, and then read each and every single text (KJB) presented from the Bible, and so not skip even one, even if it seem redundant, and compare what is presented with scripture (KJB), and "Prove all things; hold fast that which is good." (1 Thessalonians 5:21).

The Sea of Glass - The Image of God Restored, the Ultimate Triumph of the Church

I ask all who read what I share in any place in these forums, to humbly pray (as I myself have done) upon their knees to their Father in Heaven in the name of Jesus, seeking for instruction of the Holy Ghost in the word of God, comparing spiritual things with spiritual (1 Corinthians 2:13). God interprets His own word unto us (Genesis 40:8; 2 Peter 1:21), line upon line, precept upon precept (Isaiah 28:10,13), beginning with the foundation (1 Corinthians 3:11). These studies are not often short, but require deep digging in the word, careful reading (microscopically, as a brother I know loves to say) and therefore let us have patience with one another.

2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

What is the purpose of understanding the books of Daniel, and the book of Revelation? Is it to merely identify end-time powers? No, they are given, that we, Christ's followers, may perfectly reflect His image, that our own lives may be a Revelation of His beautiful Character of love - Hebrews 1:3.

If a person were to understand the following verse, they would have one of the very keys in scripture to unlock the wisdom of God, for therein is every teaching of God in the plan of redemption:

Psalms 77:13 Thy way, O God, is in the sanctuary: who is so great a God as our God?

Here are the texts under consideration:

Revelation 15:1 And I saw another sign in heaven, great and marvellous, seven angels having the seven last plagues; for in them is filled up the wrath of God.

Revelation 15:2 And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God.

A parallel text to Revelation 15:2 is Revelation 4:6

Revelation 4:6 And before the throne there was a sea of glass like unto crystal: and in the midst of the throne, and round about the throne, were four beasts full of eyes before and behind.

What is this "sea of glass"? What does it mean, and what does it have to do with them that had gotten the victory?

In Revelation 15:2 we see the ultimate triumph of the saints of God, in the expression "them that had gotten the victory", over 4 things:

1. over "the beast" (Revelation 13:1-10)
2. over his "image" (Revelation 13:11-17)
3. over the "mark" of "the beast" (Revelation 13:16,17, 14:9,11, 15:2, 16:2, 19:20, 20:4)
4. over "the number of his name", being "six hundred threescore and six" (Revelation 13:17-18, 14:11, 15:2)

At another time, we may consider those elements more specifically.

Let us consider the "sea of glass".

Locationally it is said that it is "before the throne (of God)" (Revelation 4:6), and the word "before" means across from, or in front of, or positionally opposite from, sometimes positively, othertimes negatively (see Genesis 6:11, 7:1, 10:9, 13:9; Matthew 2:9, 5:24; Mark 5:33; Luke 1:6). This is important in connection with Psalms 77:13.

What is a "sea"?

Genesis 1:10 And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.

The "sea" is the place of the "gathering together of the waters".

Waters are "peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues" (Revelation 17:15; see also Psalms 65:7; Isaiah 17:12,13; Jeremiah 51:42).

There are heavenly (spiritually minded) 'waters' and earthly (carnal minded) 'waters', even as Abraham (who was to be made into a nation) was called out of Babylon and the peoples thereof, and the waters were divided, with a space between them, just as in Genesis 1:6-7 (more on this later, for all of human history is found in Genesis 1-2; as per Isaiah 46:9-10; Matthew 13:35). Keep in mind that these 'waters' are before the Throne of God, and thus represent Heavenly waters (an Heavenly hearted peoples).

Yet the "sea" is more than what is revealed in Genesis 1:10. Look again, for it is also "the laver" of brass, of the Tabernacle, the Temple of God (Exodus 30:18,28, 31:9, 35:16, 38:8, 39:39, 40:7,11,30; Leviticus 8:11; 1 Kings 7:30,38; 2 Kings 16:17), the "brasen sea" (1 Kings 7:23,24,25,39,44; 2 Kings 16:17, 25:13,16; 1 Chronicles 18:8; 2 Chronicles 4:2,3,4,6,10,15; Jeremiah 52:17,20), the bowl or deep basin in which waters were to be gathered together, and in which the blood of the sacrifice would be washed into, and flow to the bottom (blood and water, like the Red Sea (Psalms 77:19; Hebrews 11:29), like birth and rebirth (John 3), like baptism (1 John 5:6,8), like the book of Acts (the book of the Laver), like at the cross (John 19:34; 1 John 5:6,8), like death, burial and resurrection (Romans 6), and our sins are cast into the depth of the sea (Micah 7:19))

The "waters" which are thus "gathered together" "cover" and fill the "sea", the basin/bowl (like a bathroom sink, which fills with water, the sink is the 'bowl/basin' and the waters fill it):

Isaiah 11:9 They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.

Habakkuk 2:14 For the earth shall be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.

The "sea" is of "glass". What then is this "glass"?

It is a "looking glass", a mirror, of which the Laver of the Tabernacle was made of the polished brass glass (mirrors) of the women (a symbol of the church, even the church in the wilderness (Acts 7:38)):

Exodus 38:8 And he made the laver of brass, and the foot of it of brass, of the lookingglasses of the women assembling, which assembled at the door of the tabernacle of the congregation.

See/Sea and look:

Job 37:18 Hast thou with him spread out the sky, which is strong, and as a molten looking glass?

1 Corinthians 13:12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

2 Corinthians 3:18 But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

James 1:23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:

Revelation 21:18 And the building of the wall of it was of jasper: and the city was pure gold, like unto clear glass.

Revelation 21:21 And the twelve gates were twelve pearls; every several gate was of one pearl: and the street of the city was pure gold, as it were transparent glass.

... to be continued ...
Man, you have so much to reach. I wish I could do this bible study with you face to face so you could walk me through it all. I did walk through your text, but still so much to look at and see. Thank you for enlightening me as I am more inspired to keep digging in. Thank you again, so very much!!

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
Can you share who this man is you are studying with? I am intrigued. Thank you.
Him name is Tom Bradford and his commentary is given at the "torahclass" site.

I think that if you check the education background of any person you study with and he has connections with what was in the deep sea scrolls you have the most knowledgeable person. Those scrolls opened up history, and through that there is better understanding of the way authors thought about the words they used to express God's messages to them.

May I warn you, many people I have shared this commentary with find Tom too much for them. His work is in depth, bringing lots of proof scriptures and reasons for his interpretations.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
I keep typing "deep sea scrolls" when it is "dead sea scrolls. Sorry.

Apr 15, 2017
...in the bible, have you found any new nuggets that you'd like to share or discuss?
Mormon, Jehovah's Witnesses, Baptist, Catholic, Presbyterian, Lutheran, Christian Science, Scientology, Church of the latter day saints, the new age movement with their occult, and evolution interpretation of the Bible, honoring the God of forces, or the power of nature as their higher power, and Jesus is not Lord and Savior, but a good teacher in the evolutionary process and love, and all the other groups that vary in this, and vary in that.

I think they have it covered in all what could be interpreted whether it is the truth, or false.

And since God has to end this sin business on earth one day, and the new age movement is the beginning of the end that will lead the world that does not love God to follow a kingdom in the future that acknowledges no personal God, and Jesus is not Lord and Savior, I think that the world has come to the end of the line of what all can be interpreted whether true, or false.

I do not think there is any new nuggets to discover whether true, or false, for I think mankind basically covered all that they could think of to interpret the Bible.

For the Bible is the most misinterpreted book in the history of mankind, for it is the most popular, and many people believe it holds truth, and many that have doubts fear it for they do not want to take the chance at getting rid of it, like the officers that were too afraid to arrest Jesus for they said no man ever spoke like Him before.

People have a belief that is not part of the Bible and interpret it that way, the occult as such, the prejudice as such, the fleshy as such, other religions as such, Islam as such and believe the Quran is the last book of the Bible, and so on with whatever they believe, or hold unto too, and interpret the Bible that way.

They will not get rid of the Bible for they fear it for they do not want to take the chance at getting rid of it, for it might be truth, but then came the new age movement, and now there is no God to fear, no God to offend, and it brought the occultists out of the woodwork with their high exalting ways to want power through nature to be greater.

I weep for the future, for the beast kingdom is not going to have compassion like they did in the past when they put down their enemies, for they want them all off the earth, and leave none of them on earth.

No slaves, no people to rule over in arrogance, but all off the earth, but those of one mind at the beast kingdom.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
well............that's a real breath of fresh air.............and so durn positive too!

coffee3.gif

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Him name is Tom Bradford and his commentary is given at the "torahclass" site.

I think that if you check the education background of any person you study with and he has connections with what was in the deep sea scrolls you have the most knowledgeable person. Those scrolls opened up history, and through that there is better understanding of the way authors thought about the words they used to express God's messages to them.

May I warn you, many people I have shared this commentary with find Tom too much for them. His work is in depth, bringing lots of proof scriptures and reasons for his interpretations.
I am doing a Genesis study with him, and Revelations which is not yet completed at torahclass.com. I love Tom Bradford, his approach resonates to me and I'm learning so much.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
I think they have it covered in all what could be interpreted whether it is the truth, or false.
I think there IS something new that has been discovered. New discoveries started in around 1945 with Hitler. The news began to relate to prophecy and Jews began returning to Israel.

But the new discoveries are that the old was the truth and all the additions to it take us away from the truth. The organized church is up in arms as they were when Christ was crucified saying people who listen to the OT are using rituals to achieve righteousness. And of course the scholars and professors who lead this learning are not interested in such nonsense.

We still have enough intact history that we can find out who added what to our doctrines--people like Origen, Clement, Constantine to name a few. The dead sea scrolls were discovered about that time and with awareness of the accuracy of the OT it has been the something new.