Whatever people say the mark of the beast is: its a lie.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

stillness

Jan 28, 2013
Walk trough the valley
If they say its being full of pride its a lie, if they say its being full of violence its a lie, if they say what the enemy said (you shall not die but shall be as gods), its a lie, if they say its mind control (mind control is witchcraft) it's a lie, if they say it's another god, well we covered that already, its a lie, if they say its a one world government its a lie, {there will be no unity without God, but a great destruction, though it will appear to succeed for a wile, the destruction that is}. How many lies do we have, we need seven and then 8: all liars. Revelation 21: 8 (sais it better) "But for the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and murderers and immoral persons and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their part in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.” So by the way if they say its rejecting the Holy Ghost, Jesus said this and its not from man so that's not a lie, and if they say not forgiving, Jesus also said this so neither is this a lie. If they say its being offended in the Truth, Jesus said this and He is the Truth so we cant argue. So then what does it mean to be offended in the Truth? go back to the first thing Jesus said. Yes those who reject the Holy Ghost will become full of violence, so violence is a lie? Yes violence is sin.
The Lord addressing the enemy, Ezekiel 28:16 "In the abundance of your trade you were filled with violence in your midst, and you sinned;" does this sound familiar, unable to by sell or trade without the mark of the enemy. Do you still need to be fried with chips, go figure, I don't think they had chips back then, Genesis 6:11 "Now the earth was corrupt in God's sight and was full of violence."

stillness

Jan 28, 2013
Walk trough the valley
In summary, what are you saying?
I'm not really saying anything of myself as you observed: good observation. You may say its a warning not to ad to the word on a rabbit trail, and overlook the obvious that is written. "Let no one turn you away from the simplicity of Christ." He is the Truth: apart from Him we are an Illusion living a lie: in the time of trouble would have no strength to resist the enemy in a war Kingdom against kingdom.
I will include words the Lord gave me recently, direction I received in preparation for Journey in prayer over a few weeks:
"We will give ourselves to prayer and the Word."
Withhold nothing, take nothing, you have to be determined to succeed, your prayer life must increase. Content to participate in the mystery of God. Go, this is a time of prayer, it’s the only way you'll succeed. Keep yourself in the Love of God. Don't give up: your not ready. Be Still, know that I Am with you.
"Wait on the Lord and He will strengthen your heart."
Your prayer life has to extend in all areas of your life. What you do not realize is that the war is accomplished; it's not as simple as you getting the power, you have to Love the Truth. Give up your life, no more going back to idols.
In a dream I said to myself: I finally saw Jesus in a dream, when I woke up, did not remember anything; after a while remembered the thought of my dream, but not the event of seeing Jesus. I understood this was to show me why we need to be ready for His appearing. In the dream my attitude was casual, I did not Love His appearing as if I had been ready: I was still lukewarm.
Don't be afraid, above all surrender, give Him your fear. Don’t stay outside, don’t worry, Psalm 118:
Be Faithful unto death, seek Me more than your necessary food. Don’t fight against the Holy Ghost, give yourself to prayer. Give yourself to Him, you need to change, no longer desire earthly things, come and be reconciled. Make the most of your time. Live in Prayer, don't want anything else. Come to me and I will answer you. (This last sentence was this morning).

7seasrekeyed

ummm

so are you wishing to discuss your personal observations during times you have set aside to pray/fast/study etc

and if so, are you applying them to everyone else also?

just wondering

stillness

Jan 28, 2013
Walk trough the valley
ummm

so are you wishing to discuss your personal observations during times you have set aside to pray/fast/study etc

and if so, are you applying them to everyone else also?

just wondering
No its not about wishing to discuss, its an observation that if we hold to any addiction, deception, lie, we will not understand the Truth as we should. "If any man thinks he knows he does not know as he should." if we think we know we stop learning and become quarrelsome. It's written none of the wicked will understand, the Lord exposed me as still having a divided spirit, so that I should not claim to understand.

stillness

Jan 28, 2013
Walk trough the valley
I could explain that the post is about the mystery of wickedness: believing a lie, and the general view is that the mystery is solved by being a computer chip. I pointed out that the earth became filled with violence by the enemy before the flood, why would he need chips this time? And if believers think they are safe until they are offered chips, or taken away, good luck with that.

7seasrekeyed

No its not about wishing to discuss, its an observation that if we hold to any addiction, deception, lie, we will not understand the Truth as we should. "If any man thinks he knows he does not know as he should." if we think we know we stop learning and become quarrelsome. It's written none of the wicked will understand, the Lord exposed me as still having a divided spirit, so that I should not claim to understand.

okey dokey

Dec 12, 2013
HAHAHAHHAHAHAH WOW man.......maybe pay attention to the inspired verbiage instead of going off on some tangent..........the bible is clear.....end of story

K

Karraster

You are so right ~ "If any man thinks he knows he does not know as he should." I hear what you're saying. A humble spirit, it's hard to find. We think we have it all figured out? Now that's funny, yet, there are those all around us who think they have.

Thanks for the thread and reminder.

tanakh

Dec 1, 2015
The seven Churches in Asia knew what the Mark of the Beast was by having a thorough knowledge of the Bible. If not they would not have been asked to calculate it.

Nov 26, 2012
The seven Churches in Asia knew what the Mark of the Beast was by having a thorough knowledge of the Bible. If not they would not have been asked to calculate it.
Did they even have the Bible or just some letters that became the Bible?

Nov 26, 2012
I could explain that the post is about the mystery of wickedness: believing a lie, and the general view is that the mystery is solved by being a computer chip. I pointed out that the earth became filled with violence by the enemy before the flood, why would he need chips this time? And if believers think they are safe until they are offered chips, or taken away, good luck with that.
I’m sure this is all fixed in your mind but your logic doesn’t add up. Granted it doesn’t have to be a chip but it seems abundantly clear that it’s not abstract. Agreed you don’t have to accept a mark to be condemned but it’s clear that all who do accept that mark will definitely be condemned.

tanakh

Dec 1, 2015
Did they even have the Bible or just some letters that became the Bible?
Their Bible was the Septuagint the Greek translation of the Old Testament. Almost all of the New Testament quotations come from this
translation. Revelation makes extensive use of the Old Testament in particular the first five books, Isaiah, Ezekiel,Daniel and the minor
Prophets

Mar 28, 2016
If they say its being full of pride its a lie, if they say its being full of violence its a lie, if they say what the enemy said (you shall not die but shall be as gods), its a lie, if they say its mind control (mind control is witchcraft) it's a lie, if they say it's another god, well we covered that already, its a lie, if they say its a one world government its a lie, {there will be no unity without God, but a great destruction, though it will appear to succeed for a wile, the destruction that is}. How many lies do we have, we need seven and then 8: all liars. Revelation 21: 8 (sais it better) "But for the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and murderers and immoral persons and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their part in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.” So by the way if they say its rejecting the Holy Ghost, Jesus said this and its not from man so that's not a lie, and if they say not forgiving, Jesus also said this so neither is this a lie. If they say its being offended in the Truth, Jesus said this and He is the Truth so we cant argue. So then what does it mean to be offended in the Truth? go back to the first thing Jesus said. Yes those who reject the Holy Ghost will become full of violence, so violence is a lie? Yes violence is sin.
The Lord addressing the enemy, Ezekiel 28:16 "In the abundance of your trade you were filled with violence in your midst, and you sinned;" does this sound familiar, unable to by sell or trade without the mark of the enemy. Do you still need to be fried with chips, go figure, I don't think they had chips back then, Genesis 6:11 "Now the earth was corrupt in God's sight and was full of violence."
Yes the mark of the beast of the field is unconverted mankind typified by Cain. And yes Ezekiel 28 does inform us were are not purchased with tangible item. The buying is the gospel's spiritual truth and we are not to sell God short as did Esau who saw no value in the unseen spiritual things of God.

Proverbs 23:23 Buy the truth, and sell it not; also wisdom, and instruction, and understanding.

Mar 28, 2016
I’m sure this is all fixed in your mind but your logic doesn’t add up. Granted it doesn’t have to be a chip but it seems abundantly clear that it’s not abstract. Agreed you don’t have to accept a mark to be condemned but it’s clear that all who do accept that mark will definitely be condemned.
Its not clear if its any kind of literal mark.

Surely not some electronic device. John knew what he was saying when God put his thoughts on Johns lips .Its not a ten thousand year mystery and no one knows what it will be in the end . What's next heat signature electronics .The sky is the limit just use one' s own imagination.. Its not a sign we could seek to avoid. More of "mark my word" and test to see if it is true and he makes it to come to pass..as a God of His word

A

AuntieAnt

I can see what you're getting at. But I'm not really sure myself. So many different takes on it. I've pondered it with God and, like with most things I try to perceive in my own understanding, cast it on Him and determine it settled in Jesus. I'm just gonna continue to trust that He will keep me through it all, because He's faithful.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
I can see what you're getting at. But I'm not really sure myself. So many different takes on it. I've pondered it with God and, like with most things I try to perceive in my own understanding, cast it on Him and determine it settled in Jesus. I'm just gonna continue to trust that He will keep me through it all, because He's faithful.
I believe the mark has been around a very long time. By prophetic implication, it must be related to the beast (Rome?) and antichrist (Catholicism?). That said, there obviously will be a future implementation of that mark by some use of modern technology. Just think about that while you study it. :cool:

Ahwatukee

Mar 12, 2015
Actually the scripture says:

"Here is a call for wisdom: Let the one who has insight calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man, and that number is 666."

Neither those churches, nor any of those following in the generations to come would be able to understand what the mark the is, nor its calculation. Only now, in this generation do we understand what the mark of the beast is and how it is going to be used. We've already seen the technology for it with people being implanted with RFID chips under the skin of the hand. That technology will continue to evolve, most likely into something more applicable leading up to the revealing of antichrist. What will remain consistent, is that, just as scripture states, it will go in/on the hand or forehead. The coming mark will replace cash, checks and all other forms of electronic crediting and debiting (buying and selling).

The majority of the book of Revelation, from chapter 4 on is future. Once the church has been gathered that will end the "What is now" part of what John was told to write and will begin the "what must take place later," i.e. after the church period.

Ahwatukee

Mar 12, 2015
Good day Hungry,

True, it does not have to be a chip. However, it will have to be a device of some kind which allows financial transactions to one's bank account, just like swiping a card, or a using a cell phone bank app., fob, or anything else to credit or debit one's bank account. Whatever this mark ends up evolving into, what will remain consistent is that it will go in/on the hand or forehead and without it no one will be able to buy or sell. Putting that into perspective for our time, buying and selling is referring to electronic crediting and debiting.