What's Rep power ?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

mcubed

Dec 20, 2013
There are Many posts on this subject already. Please go read one of those instead.
Go post on one of those instead!

The same post is posted every week... Maybe new people? Maybe people have grown new answers? Maybe people have grown and have new answers!?!

In the words of Sponge Bob, "Don't be a jerk it's Christmas"....

U

Ugly

Go post on one of those instead!

The same post is posted every week... Maybe new people? Maybe people have grown new answers? Maybe people have grown and have new answers!?!

In the words of Sponge Bob, "Don't be a jerk it's Christmas"....
Still off your meds?
I've been on this site 6 years and the answer hasn't changed. And i didnt know providing people with information was being a "jerk". Of that makes me a jerk what would you consider someone that calls names?

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
She probably called you a jerk, because you made that crack about her missing her valium dose on another thread, and then asking her if she's still off her meds on THIS thread. Sooo, what would you call someone who suggests that people need to take their valium? IMO, you owe mcubed an apology.

I'll repeat her statement and say, "stop being a jerk"...

Still off your meds?
I've been on this site 6 years and the answer hasn't changed. And i didnt know providing people with information was being a "jerk". Of that makes me a jerk what would you consider someone that calls names?

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
Hello Monica and welcome to Christian Chat! :)

H

heartofdavid

Again, the question: if that is true, then how come I, and at least 4 others CAN rep the same person twice in a row? And that's without repping others in between? :confused: Seems to me it works differently for some, than it does for others.. lol
Rep me twice...lol

Then i can believe lol

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
You can give up to a certain number of reps in a twenty four hour period, but you cannot rep the same person twice in a row, or even after repping two or three people in between. You have to rep at least eight or nine other people before you can rep that first person again. That is why you see people posting messages about having to spread reputation around before giving it to that member again.
I got some rep once. :)

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
You should lift heavier weight for lower reps. It builds greater strength.

Selesmonica

Feb 4, 2017
India
Hi dear brothers and sisters,

praise the Lord, i want to know who gives points to me, how can i see them , i just see their comment in reputation block, is there any option to see them ? please tell me about that, i want to know who's that, i like their comment about me :) , GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

Thanks.

Selesmonica

Feb 4, 2017
India
Hi dear brothers and sisters,

praise the Lord, i want to know who gives points to me, how can i see them , i just see their comment in reputation block, is there any option to see them ? please tell me about that, i want to know who's that, i like their comment about me :) , GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

Thanks.
Why you'll never tell ha ? :(

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
For me it is giving glory to God through people
charing His Word.

A

AuntieAnt

Not quite true.. The number of posts you have to make, varies for everyone.. Some only have to do 200, or 500 but it's different for everyone. When I first started, I only had to do 200 posts, but it went to 250, then 500, and now I have to make 1,000 posts to my next power. So it starts out low and doubles over time..
Interesting, so people can accrue a high rep power via mere time and quantity of posts, and not necessarily quality... Hmm, maybe there should be a QA quality assurance factor that can serve as a means to assure 'rep power' accounts for genuine Christian-like checks and balances if you will...
For example, a simple icon (-, <, QA) that allows viewers to annotate un-christian-like posts accordingly; in a manner that if a post receives some number of these QA hits on a given post - then their rep power is deducted but some small amount... Just a friendly reminder to folks that we are on a CC forum and that quality considerate posts are often more helpful and less hurtful than many of the less considerate posts that tend to occur over a given time...
Hi Magenta, I do agree and understand the concern and rationale. BTW, I always enjoy your very considerate and well thought out posts.
I do believe that a well managed 'QA' response could serve as a forcing function to mitigate against the more 'hurtful' posts with a few well thought out constraints. for example:
- limit 1 'QA' response for every 25-50 'Like' responses
- a QA only has an effect if 5 other people QA the same post/poster
- The poster is notified every time 5 people QA'd their post and their Rep Power is deducted by ~5 (for example)
- limit 1 'QA' response to the same person until a 'QA' has been given to at least 5-10 other people
- QA responses should be anonymous - to avoid any unwarranted retaliation or presumption of personal attacks
- QA statistics could be reported to moderators - as I suspect some very telling outcomes will be deduced.
- individual QA trends could be tallied and reported to determine any bias - report/mitigate personal attacks.
- popular QA trends would indicate the recipients of the most QAs from the CC audience - ie the silent majority...

The spirit and intent is to implement the notion of a checks and balances to ensure more helpful and less hurtful posts. more considerate and less inconsiderate. More patient and less impatient posts... All while being fair, helpful and not hurtful.
God Bless
Wow... I don't even know what I just read. I'm more confused than before I came onto this thread. :p