What's the 1st thing you would say to you god chosen partner

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lighthearted

Oct 17, 2016
Lol...sure sweetheart...I'll make you the best sammich! How 'bout while you eat that, you watch the kids so I can go soak in a hot bath and relax? ! ( Few years down the road...still doing for each other...with love)

Z

Zi

Construction zone
"What's the first thing you would say to your God-chosen partner?"

"Were you caught up in traffic?"

("Because I'm assuming that's what took so long...")

S

Stewart

*Channeling the spirit of certain grumpy men on the forum*

"A man's heart is like stinkweed. You don't know how truly stinky it is until you peel back the outer layers." :p

Actually a man's heart is like a peach. Pretty simple, what you see is what you get all the way from the outside to the center. And at the center is a core as solid as a rock.

Or at least that's what the men I know are like. I am blessed to know some pretty good men.

Thats interesting...i see many mens hearts like a cave..it's not always easy to work out how to get into it..but once you do..there are dark areas obscure enough to miss it if you don't have enough light with you.(even secrets areas too)..and there are different levels..yet at the very end there is hidden treasure that few find without making the effort to search for it.Yet once found one realises this cave was in fact a place with the potential to bless the lives of others!..

S

Stewart

First, how would I know she was The One? Are we using The Force or does God tell me directly, "That's her"?

Second, are we in a crowd or alone? That will have a very large impact on what I say.

Third, am I aware that she knows I am The One for her too, or is she (for all I know) not even aware I exist yet? That also would change what I say to her quite a bit.

But even if I knew the answers to all those questions, I still don't know what I would say to her. The me of then will not be the me of now, and there is no way for me to know what I will be then.

Hi thanks for your reply

In my thread I had set the scene that two points you raised would have already been dealt with.(.You both would know it is the will of God)
Yet to cover this..there are no set rules as to how god communicates to people in this area.Sometimes he will specifically let both persons know direct that they were ment to be together..(wisdom and clarification is needed in this area which I have seen God honour in people's lives.)Sometimes only one will sense it from God and the other person will know from God later on.Sometimes god says nothing at all and two persons like each other..start dating ..and eventually get married (naturally with prayer and trusting God all the way through)..I could go on and on..(the list is endless)

As having a partner is such a life changing thing I know for sure that God cares about who we are with and Jesus said "my sheep hear my voice"..and I belive if you like someone and are totally honest with God and know how to ask him for help regarding the person God is YOUR Heavenly Father and will not abandon you.

God knows how to communicate to a person providing they are willing to listen and be honest about their own heart.Sometimes Things you pray about just work out according to what you have prayed for and NO one needs to know what you have asked of God but you.

Regarding you saying you don't know how you will be at that time,as you might be a different kind of person at that time is true of all of us..what changes us is what we go through in life as if can shape what we think,feel,learn,react too ect..yet there is one thing that will NOT change,....God being your Heavenly Father and he only gives good gifts to his children.So whether you say anything to HER or to God regarding her..Your heart would say at some point.'.Thank you God'..we thank God for many things in life already don't we??...and I recon your heart would be grateful to God!

T

Tinuviel

Well, assuming such things were possible (which I don't really believe but hey, why not assume for a minute?) I would say:

Facetious: "What the hiccup took you so long?"

Serious: "I've waited for you."

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Where were you twenty-odd years ago? ;)

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Yeah but that's the problem. I'm afraid by the time I meet her I'll be a grumpy old man like... er, like some guys we know... and I won't want her intruding in my nice, orderly life and I'll growl at her and chase her away.

Just being facetious of course. I hope I will never become a grumpy old man. Old is inevitable, unless I die first, but grumpy I can avoid if I take precautions.

S

Stewart

Yeah but that's the problem. I'm afraid by the time I meet her I'll be a grumpy old man like... er, like some guys we know... and I won't want her intruding in my nice, orderly life and I'll growl at her and chase her away.

Just being facetious of course. I hope I will never become a grumpy old man. Old is inevitable, unless I die first, but grumpy I can avoid if I take precautions.

well I will hope that by the grace of God that when you get older your inner man will be constantly renewed like Paul says so there will be no chance for you to be grumpy..

G

GrandmaLove

Assuming I have no supernatural way of knowing he's the one for me I imagine that I would look at him like he's nuts (when he asked me out) and tell him no. I don't trust easily, lol. I've told God that if He has someone for me then we'll have to be good friends first and he'll have to spend a lot of time convincing me to date him--so he'll have to really mean it. I won't go out with someone I don't already know. I went on one date and I didn't say much of anything. I got too shy. It's crazy, because I'm not a shy person, but I just got too scared and didn't know how to act. Normally with me what you see is what you get, and I'm always my true self. That's why I didn't like how shy I was on that date. If I can't be me then I'm not going.

U

Ugly

"Would you go to the moon and back with me?"

T

toinena

That's not the answer my "God chosen partner" would give. haha
Oh dear. I think I just got my heart broken. Don't you really like the color blue?

GOP

Jul 12, 2015
I will look her into her eyes with love and then whisper into her ears, "GOD ALMIGHTY our LOVELY FATHER is so Good, HE always give me the best and you are the Best. You are distinguished among all. Blessed is me among men because of you. I LOVE YOU MY BLESSED."

U

Ugly

Oh dear. I think I just got my heart broken. Don't you really like the color blue?
Red is my favorite haha. Is your text blue? I'm on my laptop and i have an addon for my browser that changes light color background sites to black. And in doing so it alters the colors of most text, as well. I'm assuming that's where your blue question came from.

Aug 2, 2009
Lol...sure sweetheart...I'll make you the best sammich! How 'bout while you eat that, you watch the kids so I can go soak in a hot bath and relax? ! ( Few years down the road...still doing for each other...with love)
Okay :rolleyes:

T

toinena

Red is my favorite haha. Is your text blue? I'm on my laptop and i have an addon for my browser that changes light color background sites to black. And in doing so it alters the colors of most text, as well. I'm assuming that's where your blue question came from.
A man chosen for me by God would know that the Tardis is Blue. No fancy colors on ny letters. Just plain black