What's the dumbest/ silliest thing you believed as a child?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

TamLynn

A heart at rest
Nov 27, 2014
I thought when I was told not to make a silly face because it might stay that way, it just might. :p

BruceWayne

Aug 7, 2013
Gotham City
Shortly after birth, as I saw light for the first time and due to my eyes still adjusting, I briefly believed the doctor to be a talking ice cream cone. It seems silly now, but more than explains my lifelong addiction to the frozen treat.

17Bees

Oct 14, 2016
My dad told me if I didn't learn to talk right I'd be stuck that way the rest of my life, and, of course, we know that's not twoo.

Jimbone

Aug 22, 2014
That Showbiz Pizza (now Chuck E. Cheeses) was closed when it rains. LOL, one day when I guess my Aunt was trying to get out of taking us there, and it happen to be raining, so that was the reason given to us as to why we weren't going. I believed that through childhood until 10 or 11.

G

Gracie_14

Shortly after birth, as I saw light for the first time and due to my eyes still adjusting, I briefly believed the doctor to be a talking ice cream cone. It seems silly now, but more than explains my lifelong addiction to the frozen treat.
Wait...are you saying you remember the details of your birth day? :eek: As in the exact time you were born??? Hmmm... :unsure:

longtrekker

Sep 23, 2014
I remember my parents getting a laugh out of me after asking me what I wanted to be when I grew up.

I was baffled as I knew I was always going to be just who I was – a four year old kid ! And they were going to be my parents forever.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
For much of my childhood I believed Lincoln was spelled Lincon. Then one day when I was about nine years old I noticed a book that spelled it Lincoln... So I looked it up in other sources... then I wondered if somebody had quietly been changing the spelling from what I had known all these years to the new spelling with two L's.

That was my first conspiracy theory, and the only one I really believed for a short time. I never mentioned it to anybody though, because even then I was observant enough to realize if I was wrong and it had always had two L's everybody would think I was silly. And I was.

M

Miri

My grandma had diabetes and use to get very thirsty , so she was
always drinking tea and fruit juice, always licking her lips.

As a young kid I use to think her lips would stick together permanently
if she didn’t lick her lips!

H

Hamarr

This is kind of embarrassing but I thought three was pronounced “free”. I did that until I was 8. In third grade my mom and my teacher enrolled me in some speech therapy class.

One day the teacher heard me use ‘th’ in a word and was shocked. I think she rolled her eyes pretty hard when she realized I just sidn’t know it started with th instead of free.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
I used to think that babies were either delivered by birds, or airplanes.

As a kid, I heard my Mom explain to someone at church that, "Other people's babies were brought by storks, but my baby (being adopted) came on a 747."

Fast forward a few years later.

Wait, what? Babies don't actually just magically appear for a bird or plane to fly them home??!!!

Alas... I must now take a moment of silence for my great loss of innocence.

H

Hamarr

That reminds me of this scene from "One Crazy Summer"

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
I was convinced that my stunning good looks and award winning charm would lead me to great wealth and fame.......

bitmoji-20190111071416.png

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
I remember when I was a small child my mother told me that if I did not finish my milk after I ate my cereal, Bessie the cow would ring her bell and Bessie along with other cows would come trample me. The more I think about it now the more I think that was a cruel thing to tell a small child! :oops:

TamLynn

A heart at rest
Nov 27, 2014
I thought when a house went up for sale the people selling it had to find someone else who's house was also for sale, so they could trade.

BrotherMike

Be Still and Know
Jan 8, 2018
I believed the Pastors kids never got disciplined lol, my mom was laughing so hard she had tears in her eyes.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I’m more surprised he knew what ice cream cone was.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. When he was born, how did he know what an ice cream cone is?

Same feeling when you try to figure out how the people in Star Wars, long, long ago in a galaxy far, far away, knew what a falcon is. They named a ship the Millenium Falcon, but falcons are on Earth, in a galaxy far, far away from them...