What's the dumbest/ silliest thing you believed as a child?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

AuntieAnt

I also invented a LED sign that would go in the back window of your car so you could let other drivers know what you were thinking and feeling
I’m gonna go ahead and thank God right here that this gadget is not a thing. :rolleyes:
Can you imagine the thoughts broadcasted in your rear window in the midst of bumper to bumper 5 o’clock traffic?! :eek:

L

LittleMermaid

I was 8 watching Godzilla (1998 version) with my aunt and uncle in theaters. They were engaged and so my aunt wanted us to spend time with our new uncle. He was 27 years old at the time (two years younger than I am now). Anyways I sat next to him and as we're watching the beginning of the film (the part where the iguana turns into Godzilla through some bomb or whatever) I turned to ask him "Hey...can something like that really happen?" He very sternly and seriously said "yes." I was freaked out the entire movie and for a few years afterwards.

Now I ask him why he said yes and he just laughs and says he doesn't remember. Me thinks my young uncle just wanted to scare me!

Krumbeard

Apr 15, 2019
As a kid we were told (in a Christian school) that if we wore hats inside, we would go bald.

Feb 2, 2019
Liverpool
My parents convinced me (Like a lot of other kids) that turning the light on in the back of the car was illegal lol

L

LittleMermaid

My grandma said that the moon swallowed two men who were fighting over a tree. So inside the moon lived the two men with the tree because the moon said “here now you can both have the tree forever.”
They were each given a small piece of meat to survive on.
Lol I believed this for years!

Krumbeard

Apr 15, 2019
My grandma said that the moon swallowed two men who were fighting over a tree. So inside the moon lived the two men with the tree because the moon said “here now you can both have the tree forever.”
They were each given a small piece of meat to survive on.
Lol I believed this for years!
That is an odd story. 🤔

L

LittleMermaid

That is an odd story. 🤔
My grandmother believed several things that didn't make sense. She did not get to go to school...so I think that had a lot to do with it. I miss her. :cry:

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Boring answer alert, lol

Santa Claus, tooth fairy, and the easter bunny

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
When my older brother told me it was a good idea to lick the frozen pole.

In all fairness to Him it still was a good idea for me, hahaha. He is still laughing. Me too, now. :D

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
To the core of my tiny being, probably around the age of 4, I believed that the Infinity car logo was the batman logo. And if you told me it wasn't, I got MAD.