What's the point? Everything is selfish.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 21, 2017
No,that isn't true. We are here for a reason and we have a purpose.We are here to share Gods love with others and be a Christlike example so people want to follow Him. Imagine the world without Christian influence. Most of the American colleges were began by Christians ,orphanages, missionaries, Sunday schools,hospitals many,many outreaches were begun by Christians. We are definitely here for a reason and in our lives we need to look for a reason to reach out to the lost and show them the way.
This is BRAVO EXCELLENT! Saved me a lot of writing and editing. Mine was going to be the same old humdrum. We are here to serve others. But you said it best. Thank you!

Dec 17, 2013
Well first and foremost you gotta look out for yourself ....and then if there is anything left in the tank THEN you help others,that's not selfish that's just common sense.

K

kaylagrl

This is BRAVO EXCELLENT! Saved me a lot of writing and editing. Mine was going to be the same old humdrum. We are here to serve others. But you said it best. Thank you!
Well thank you brother,I try to make sense when I post. I appreciate the encouragement.

Feb 7, 2015
I know this is contrary to what most of you think, but I do not think we are transported to some mystical shining place called "Heaven." I think we will spend Eternity living on a new, revamped version of this planet.

And I do not believe we will be overwhelmed with all goodness, like we never imagined. I think what will make the New Earth so fantastic will be the absence of any evil. We have no chance today, whatsoever, of experiencing that sort of "good" here because EVERYTHING is surrounded by, and influenced by, evil, to some extent..... So that even the greatest, most wildly exciting moments we now experience cannot yet be fully seen in their true and complete "goodness" due to the presence of evil existing in this present world.

Last edited:

Dai3234

Sep 6, 2016
You don't want to change, obviously. Since the day you joined here, you've bemoaned your situation. Like Lynn said, we've given you advice and you refuse to take it. For the record, NO ONE here has called you a bag of anything. That's your own self-reflection talking. You want an answer to what's the point of living? The point is to make the BEST of the crappy lives that some of us, including you, have. And you rudely say most here need to go through some misery? HOW DARE YOU!!

Happyface is going through hell right now because her husband is dying of cancer. Joidevivre is currently battling cancer. Another member here just lost his wife to suicide. Jenniferand2 and Desertsrose are both afflicted with debilitating sciatica. Depleted has her own health problems, in addition to caring for her husband who had a heart attack last year, and spent most of that year in the hospital, with setback after setback.

And then there is you. You sit there, feeling sorry for yourself thinking God gave you a meaningless life. And not doing a dang thing to change your circumstances. And you have the audacity to say WE need to go through misery?! Instead of beeching and moaning, go hunt down Happyface on the prayer thread, and tell her you're praying for her and her husband, because he doesn't have much time left here. Send Joidevivre a PM saying you're thinking of her and wish her well. Find Jennifer, Depleted and Desertsrose and tell them that you sympathize with their plights. And for the love of God, stop being so darn selfish!!! :mad:
Ok, let's be more clear. Read all the posts from everyone. Then understand that only saying I need to change, when others are the biggest controlling element in most people's lives, especially the poorer, is saying I'm in my position because it's all me. "I've got a bad attitude" , "i don't do enough", basically a lazy bag of etc. It's all my fault. Just think happy thoughts and do happy things. Even though my circumstances are 99% not my choice.

A bit daft having you lot repeating this point if it's 99% irrelevant. Then there's the misery point. EVERYONE DIES. I've got that to look forward to later as well. Mentioning people who have lost people or who are I'll, probably nearly OAP's, is common. My point about misery was implying "long suffering" misery. For life. Always having crud.

Not getting old and dealing with misery for a couple of years when it's commonly expected. I will have to deal with that lot later. First, I've gotta deal with a rubbish existence with more knowledge than most, putting up with bosses, dr's, and most other people incompetently messing up everything, and be happy about it. Just be positive. No matter how hard I've tried to improve things, numbtys who are "professionals" ruin everything. So i know "better". Who cares, it's useless. I'm too broke to buy a house and move out from my smoker parents when I want to quit. I'm still single and ooh very not prospectively attractive, at 34 with arthritis, without anything except god in common with my fellow church people.

So if you think just changing my attitude and doing more, after people ruining 8years in different colleges, being poisoned, liver syndrome, having to give up exercise because of this rubbish, then your a little dillusions repeating the same words expecting me do them, Unless i become a TRAVELLER PREACHER. As i said before. But nevermind it's all me. I'm the cause of everything. Just telling people to be happy, they make there life is mostly nonsense for most people. Though i was warned not to use any area except Bible discussion, so i should have expected people to just jump at the comments and not actually think about a proper answer.

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
I know this is contrary to what most of you think, but I do not think we are transported to some mystical shining place called "Heaven." I think we will spend Eternity living on a new, revamped version of this planet.

And I do not believe we will be overwhelmed with all goodness, like we never imagined. I think what will make the New Earth so fantastic will be the absence of any evil. We have no chance today, whatsoever, of experiencing that sort of "good" here because EVERYTHING is surrounded by, and influenced by, evil, to some extent..... So that even the greatest, most wildly exciting moments we now experience cannot yet be fully seen in their true and complete "goodness" due to the presence of evil existing in this present world.
I'd like to go to the new planet now.

Feb 7, 2015
Quote" Especially when people on here keep saying I'm a bag of xxxx and need to change without any clue to an answer because they sit at home all day criticising everyone else. Saying i need to do more? I think most people here should actually go through some misery."[/SIZE]

As I said,if everyone here shared their testimony you'd understand that people here have been through crud too. People are trying to encourage you.
Oh, yeah! I could fill six pages that would choke a goat. I have no sympathy for Snowflakes who think no one else hurts.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Everything in all of your posts is "I, I, I".. When are you going to understand that WE all are going to die? That WE all have hard times? I don't know what answer you're hoping to get from us. Maybe that it's okay to stay stuck where you are now, and not do a single thing about it? Like Kayla said, you can speak, so you can talk to others about your experiences. You can also type, so use that ability to write a testimony of what God has done and is doing for you, even if you don't think He's doing anything. God isn't going to help you, unless YOU help yourself first. You want to be an influence on people? Go to the prayer requests forum and leave a prayer for some of those people. I'm sure you CAN type a prayer, yes? :)

Feb 7, 2015
Last edited:

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
If you think life is supposed to be easy and pain free, you are sorely deluded.. God didn't promise us an easy life. You're not the only one with health problems. Nor the only one who can't get out of the house, or work, or do anything else. Stop focusing on your own misery, look around and you'll see alot of people who are suffering along with you.. If you're expecting us to feel sorry for you, it ain't gonna happen. Nor are we gonna sugarcoat the truth, which seems to be something that you don't wanna hear.

Ok, let's be more clear. Read all the posts from everyone. Then understand that only saying I need to change, when others are the biggest controlling element in most people's lives, especially the poorer, is saying I'm in my position because it's all me. "I've got a bad attitude" , "i don't do enough", basically a lazy bag of etc. It's all my fault. Just think happy thoughts and do happy things. Even though my circumstances are 99% not my choice.

A bit daft having you lot repeating this point if it's 99% irrelevant. Then there's the misery point. EVERYONE DIES. I've got that to look forward to later as well. Mentioning people who have lost people or who are I'll, probably nearly OAP's, is common. My point about misery was implying "long suffering" misery. For life. Always having crud.

Not getting old and dealing with misery for a couple of years when it's commonly expected. I will have to deal with that lot later. First, I've gotta deal with a rubbish existence with more knowledge than most, putting up with bosses, dr's, and most other people incompetently messing up everything, and be happy about it. Just be positive. No matter how hard I've tried to improve things, numbtys who are "professionals" ruin everything. So i know "better". Who cares, it's useless. I'm too broke to buy a house and move out from my smoker parents when I want to quit. I'm still single and ooh very not prospectively attractive, at 34 with arthritis, without anything except god in common with my fellow church people.

So if you think just changing my attitude and doing more, after people ruining 8years in different colleges, being poisoned, liver syndrome, having to give up exercise because of this rubbish, then your a little dillusions repeating the same words expecting me do them, Unless i become a TRAVELLER PREACHER. As i said before. But nevermind it's all me. I'm the cause of everything. Just telling people to be happy, they make there life is mostly nonsense for most people. Though i was warned not to use any area except Bible discussion, so i should have expected people to just jump at the comments and not actually think about a proper answer.

Dai3234

Sep 6, 2016
Ya know what? You're not the only person here who has a disease. I've had epileptic seizures since age 5, literally almost my entire life. I've had cancer, I have a bad back with chronic daily pain. I have life-long depression and have thought about and tried suicide more than once. I know it's not easy living with a disease, but God did NOT "think it necessary" to give you liver problems. It's how you cope with having a disease, that matters. You can let it make you stronger and bring you closer to God, or you can let it drag you down into the crud pit. For more than half a year, I was confined to bed 24/7 with sciatica and a herniated disk, which is agony beyond description. I had no one to help me, AND on top of all that, I had to take care of a terminally ill cat who threw up and pooped on the floor several times a day. A weaker person could NOT have done that on their own strength. But I had GOD'S strength, so I made it through. :) Read my testimonies, read any testimonies in that forum. You will see that God brought those people through their trials. And some were a lot more serious than what you have. I suggest you read TemporaryCircumstance's testimony. She is 14 and has had cancer TWICE, yet her user name reflects her mindset: TEMPORARY CIRCUMSTANCES. She's been through alot of other crap too, but she remains positive and doesn't wallow in the fact that all this has happened to her. She is a shining example of how someone who has gone through so much, but still remains positive and willing to share her story with others in hopes of helping THEM get through their own hard times. The only one not allowing you to get out and do stuff, is YOU. So free yourself from your wallow pit.
Now that's a thought out pointful and potentially helpful answer. Thanks. P.S. do you do any often in particular, other than just read the Bible, to get through the crud?

D

Depleted

You don't want to change, obviously. Since the day you joined here, you've bemoaned your situation. Like Lynn said, we've given you advice and you refuse to take it. For the record, NO ONE here has called you a bag of anything. That's your own self-reflection talking. You want an answer to what's the point of living? The point is to make the BEST of the crappy lives that some of us, including you, have. And you rudely say most here need to go through some misery? HOW DARE YOU!!

Happyface is going through hell right now because her husband is dying of cancer. Joidevivre is currently battling cancer. Another member here just lost his wife to suicide. Jenniferand2 and Desertsrose are both afflicted with debilitating sciatica. Depleted has her own health problems, in addition to caring for her husband who had a heart attack last year, and spent most of that year in the hospital, with setback after setback.

And then there is you. You sit there, feeling sorry for yourself thinking God gave you a meaningless life. And not doing a dang thing to change your circumstances. And you have the audacity to say WE need to go through misery?! Instead of beeching and moaning, go hunt down Happyface on the prayer thread, and tell her you're praying for her and her husband, because he doesn't have much time left here. Send Joidevivre a PM saying you're thinking of her and wish her well. Find Jennifer, Depleted and Desertsrose and tell them that you sympathize with their plights. And for the love of God, stop being so darn selfish!!! :mad:
Actually, our purpose is to glorify God in all things and love him forever. "All things" includes everything from cleaning out a toilet to encouraging others to knowing that this upcoming doctor's appointment isn't going to be anything other than God working out his will for our good (even when it doesn't feel like that) to cleaning the kitchen so the family member/roommate can have room to make a mess to trying to figure out how to house a BIL and SIL after they lose their house to cleaning up doggy doo off the sidewalk. "All things."

Seems like that is taking a lifetime to master (and I'm still in first grade.
:eek:)

Desertsrose

Oct 24, 2016
Just wondering if anyone else thinks that all this has no point except to be better off in heaven after death. As every dream or effort seems to have a selfish connection no matter what. Unless your a travelling healer preacher.

Hi Dai,

I think we can all understand about being depressed. It's no fun and it keeps dragging us down if we dwell on all the negative things in our life.

There isn't a us and them as a body of Christ. The preacher or healer isn't greater than the one who cleans the bathrooms in the church.

So what do you mean by every dream having a selfish connection no matter what. Also, the
traveling preacher or healer or what ever can have selfish motives as well.

So what's going on in your life that's made you so unhappy that you want to escape to heaven?

K

kaylagrl

So I guess the point is you're determined to ignore what people say and not listen. Once again,and this is the third time, being a traveling preacher was MY life story. Not yours,not meant to be yours.I did not say try and live my life. I was relating that other people have crud to deal with too. You dont have to take my advice or encouragement but please dont make my words say something I did not say.

You're 34 and not married? I got married two years ago,look at my posted age. I dated one guy in my life before my husband who was a jerk. Did I think I had a chance at my age? No! Nor did anyone else,and they let me know it,often. Yet here I am with a home of my own,yes I was living with parents too,and a husband that adores me for some reason not yet apparent to me. Yes,Ive been to doctors,plenty of them,none that can tell me what my health issue is or how to help it. I cant do what everyone else can do but I do what I can and that has to be good enough. People are giving you their testimonies and sharing personal stories to try and encourage you.If you dont want that then why are you here? Everyone is giving the same advice because its the best advice we all have to give. People survived the Holocaust and still find joy in their lives.If they can,you can.

Dai3234

Sep 6, 2016
Read this. You might just learn some lessons, and apply them to your own pain and illness. :)

http://christianchat.com/miscellane...estimony-lessons-learned-through-my-pain.html
Yeah, that's not pleasant. But if you read it again, you may notice it's all misery and pain with faith for a new body in heaven. It's only faith you have been "seemingly" blessed or rewarded with. That was my first posted point also. There only seems to be light at the end of the tunnel and little in between.

Mar 21, 2017
I have seemingly, no future, no rewards or known "gifts/talents". So it seems, me living is just long suffering with a few good days in between. Anyone else think this too?
Everyone has a gift/talent. Perhaps you just buried yours in negative thoughts and feelings. That can change, you know.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
You're welcome.. Yes, I do. :) I give thanks to God for all my trials. It sounds strange to give thanks for cancer, or sciatica,or even getting raped, but I've given God the glory for all those events. A few years ago, just before I joined here, I had the worst bout of depression EVER. I literally could envision myself hanging from a rafter on my back porch. That's how low I had sunk in my depression. I knew I needed GOD to help me out of that pit, but I also knew that I needed to be proactive and help myself as well. SO, I went online and searched for Christian chat sites. I joined this one because it was the only one that I could preview, before deciding to join. :) I also made a faith book, which I will link here. Basically, it's a bunch of bible verse pics, inspirational sayings, etc. Anything that makes me smile, laugh, or just be thankful. When I feel like crying from the pain and frustration, I laugh instead. Funny cat videos are good for that. :) My favorite scriptures, are John 3:16, Psalm 23 and Luke 1:37.

God is always with us, Dai. ALWAYS. Even if we feel He has left us.. I have selfishly and sarcasticly doubted Him many times, but He never once left me. :) Nor will He ever leave you. Without God, I wouldn't have been able to get through having cancer, or having depression and suicidal thoughts. I wouldn't have gotten through being tied up, gagged and raped. And without Him, I DEFINITELY could not have gotten through having sciatica. That is an agony beyond comprehension. His strength gives me the ability to do what I need to do, even on my worst painful days.

I know you think we're just repeating ourselves. But we are just trying to show you, that you're not the only one here with problems and illness. Those people I mentioned in a previous post, would LOVE to hear from you, and I guarantee they will sincerely appreciate your support right now. :) Here is the link to my faithbook.

http://christianchat.com/miscellaneous/97926-my-cc-faith-book.html

Now that's a thought out pointful and potentially helpful answer. Thanks. P.S. do you do any often in particular, other than just read the Bible, to get through the crud?