When CC people meet in real life...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Pipp

Majestic Llamacorn
Sep 17, 2013
Georgia
SeoulSearch is extremely smart and kind. She loves all things cute and fluffy (Including me)! She was always sure to make everyone feel welcome and included but also sensitive enough to realize when someone might have needed a moment to chill. She's a very loyal friend. She is the one that brought us all together. We are all blessed to know her.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
* I'm sure everyone has also been part of Christian groups, camps, or retreats where romantic entanglements or drama took over -- but we were blessed just to be a group of good friends who liked to hang out together. NO worries about anyone sneaking off to go make out under the stairs!
Well... At least not that YOU know of. :sneaky::giggle:

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
SeoulSearch is (an) extreme smart (aleck) and kind. She loves all things cute and fluffy (Including me)! She was always sure to make everyone feel welcome and included but also sensitive enough to realize when someone might have needed a moment to chill. She's a very loyal friend. She is the one that brought us all together. We are all blessed to know her.
Fixed yer post, Miss Pippy, but thank you kindly, ma'am.

(Uh oh. Pippy done about to give me one a dem LOOKS that's about ready to puts me in ma place.)

Believe me.

Lynx got A LOT of those looks this past week! :ROFL:

Pipp

Majestic Llamacorn
Sep 17, 2013
Georgia
I mean..... sister wives, crabs, italian-asian man, Micro wrestlers and the frisky biscuit.... What happens at meet up stays a meet up, right ?!?!

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I mean..... sister wives, crabs, italian-asian man, Micro wrestlers and the frisky biscuit.... What happens at meet up stays a meet up, right ?!?!
And here I was being so good about keeping all those things a secret, because y'all said to...

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Also you forgot the part about sugar.

I'll explain it all when I get off work and get home to a real keyboard.

love_comes_softly

Feb 13, 2019
SeoulSearch is extremely smart and kind. She loves all things cute and fluffy (Including me)! She was always sure to make everyone feel welcome and included but also sensitive enough to realize when someone might have needed a moment to chill. She's a very loyal friend. She is the one that brought us all together. We are all blessed to know her.
I 100% agree with this, Pipp. Very well said. SeoulSearch is a huge blessing. After reading her posts over the years and getting to know her on a more personal level, it was a blessing to meet her and see that she really is true to herself.

She’s so smart, curious, fun, loving and truly has a gift of bringing others together. You can expect a serious conversation one moment and a silly one the next.

I found the whole group to be very thoughtful and true to their posts here. It was almost like meeting famous people. 😂 I felt kinda star struck. 😆

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
So yeah, about the good, clean, christian meetup...

When I got there they were all talking about a gentleman's club. On the FIRST DAY somebody got crabs. Then somebody wouldn't give somebody else any sugar... Actually the one refusing was the same person who got crabs! By the end of the meetup we had a sister-wife situation.

Three of them started in Georgia and traveled to Pigeon Forge as a group. On the way they saw a sign for the "Frisky Biscuit." Being too inquisitive for their own good, they googled and found out it was a gentleman's club. They thought it was a hoot and determined to get a picture of it on the way back.

The first night there, one of them got crab rangoon for supper. I might have made a comment that they were talking about the Frisky Biscuit and already somebody got crabs.

Later we played a card game called Pit. It has cards that represent different commodities - wheat, barley, oats, sugar, rice, etc. - and the objective is to get all nine of one kind of card, whereupon you have "cornered the market" on that commodity. I was collecting sugar on this round, but didn't find all nine cards before somebody else cornered the market on something else. The person who had eaten crab rangoon happened to have my last two sugar cards. Somebody commented that she wouldn't give me any sugar. I allowed that for two reasons... I had made the crab joke, and the sugar joke was actually pretty good.

The only thing left is the sister wives:
On our way home from the pinball museum we were going to stop by the store, but we couldn't remember how much of what we had on hand at the house, so we went home to take stock first. Rodney and the girls headed back to the store but I elected to stay home and start baking cookies. One of them said, "Aww, Rodney just took all the girls and left Lynxus alone!" The other said, "Oh cool, we could be sister wives!"

Yup, just a good, clean, wholesome, Christian meetup. :eek::rolleyes:

Let the stoning begin. :cool:

Pipp

Majestic Llamacorn
Sep 17, 2013
Georgia

When I got there they were all talking about a gentleman's club. On the FIRST DAY somebody got crabs. Then somebody wouldn't give somebody else any sugar... Actually the one refusing was the same person who got crabs! By the end of the meetup we had a sister-wife situation.

Three of them started in Georgia and traveled to Pigeon Forge as a group. On the way they saw a sign for the "Frisky Biscuit." Being too inquisitive for their own good, they googled and found out it was a gentleman's club. They thought it was a hoot and determined to get a picture of it on the way back.

The first night there, one of them got crab rangoon for supper. I might have made a comment that they were talking about the Frisky Biscuit and already somebody got crabs.

Later we played a card game called Pit. It has cards that represent different commodities - wheat, barley, oats, sugar, rice, etc. - and the objective is to get all nine of one kind of card, whereupon you have "cornered the market" on that commodity. I was collecting sugar on this round, but didn't find all nine cards before somebody else cornered the market on something else. The person who had eaten crab rangoon happened to have my last two sugar cards. Somebody commented that she wouldn't give me any sugar. I allowed that for two reasons... I had made the crab joke, and the sugar joke was actually pretty good.

On our way home from the pinball museum we were going to stop by the store, but we couldn't remember how much of what we had on hand at the house, so we went home to take stock first. Rodney and the girls headed back to the store but I elected to stay home and start baking cookies. One of them said, "Aww, Rodney just took all the girls and left Lynxus alone!" The other said, "Oh cool, we could be sister wives!"

20220427_180707.jpg

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I thought y'all said you were going to pose in front of the sign for a picture...

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Not to derail the thread but my weakness is the Dollar Tree. Which hubby now calls the 100 Dollar Tree. I have dishes for every season. I swear I could seat everyone in my town for supper, I have so many dishes. Mother has the same addiction. When we pass someone is going to have a lot of fun selling all our dish sets and DT trinkets. I think the two of us could open a museum.
We just got a Dollar Tree where I live. My wife and her daughter love that place.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
We just got a Dollar Tree where I live. My wife and her daughter love that place.
You mean Dollar And A Quarter Tree.

cinder insists Dollar And A Half Tree is easier to say, and it will soon be at a dollar and a half anyway. I will stick with what is strictly accurate at this time.

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
I like the drive up from Sevierville...
On the way there is a strip mall that has a dentistry shop, a denture shop, an adult bookstore, and a comic book store....

It has given time to all kinds of ridiculous jokes over the years.

The gentleman's club, bait and tackle, and popsicle emporium....all under one roof.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
...she really is true to herself.
You can expect a serious conversation one moment and a silly one the next.
I had to grin when I noticed that you can see a Transformers Autobots t-shirt in part of the hands picture.

You don't have to work too hard to guess which one of us that is. :ROFL:

Which cracks me up even more since over the years, I've occasionally been accused of being a troll/catfish who is really a guy. :whistle::unsure::geek: Sorry to disappoint those people, but I really am who I say I am. :cool:

Sure, part of me wishes I could remain anonymous and cause just as much trouble as ever, but I've now met somewhere around 20+ CC'ers in person (though most aren't here under their original names anymore,) so unfortunately, there's just to much real-life evidence. :censored:

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
You mean Dollar And A Quarter Tree.

cinder insists Dollar And A Half Tree is easier to say, and it will soon be at a dollar and a half anyway. I will stick with what is strictly accurate at this time.
Yeah, I heard that they raised their prices a quarter. We had all kinds of Dollar Tree's in Clearwater but the closest one now was 38 miles away. Time you pay for the gas the $1.25 turns into $2.25. The new store is about 1 1/2 miles away. I don't plan on going there. That's not really my thing.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009

Just to assure everyone that there actually was a Christian component to this Christian meetup, some of the discussions I really enjoyed included:

* Comparisons of what it's like to be a single Christian on the dating scene. For instance, what if someone in your church pursues you because they tell you that, "God told me you're the one!" But God hasn't told you a thing about it. In fact, you think He may be leading you to pursue someone else. Who was really hearing from God?

* Sharing stories about God's provisions in our single and family lives, how we came to know Him, and what the turning points were that caused us to "level up" on our faith.

* Varying experiences with different denominations, how it's shaped our beliefs and where we think God is now calling us.

* A fascinating talk about how American Christians generally expect life to be good, with betrayals and setbacks being seen as horribly abnormal injustices straight from the devil. In contrast, Cinder explained that one impoverished country she worked amongst saw the hardships as being normal and any occurrences of kindness or things going well were seen as the oddities.

* When Sunday came around, it was interesting to see how different people felt about how we should worship in that scenario. It was suggested that we visit a local church in the area, and one person was completely caught off guard by the thought of just showing up at an unknown church. But for some of us who have had to move around for life situations, going to new, unknown churches are often just what we call a normal Sunday as God leads us to a new church home.

Instead, we all wound up scattering to different parts of the house, listening to online services and each worshiping in his or her own way.

And I loved that our trip to the aquarium resulted in a conversation about God's vast, awe-inspiring creative power and diversity as we marveled over tank after tank of some of His most unique creations. :love: