[h=3]Isaiah 42:21 (KJV)[/h]
The Lord is well pleased for his righteousness' sake;
he will magnify the law, and make it honourable.
he will magnify the law, and make it honourable.
The law Is GOD's perfect standard of Righteousness.
Jesus said It Is finished,before he bowed his head and gave up the ghost and sat down at the right hand of GOD,making peace between man and GOD.
Obviously it will be the 10 Commandments that will be written in our hearts, for the Christian there are no others----so they are still in force, being spiritual and eternal.
[TABLE="class: bibleTable, width: 614"]
[TR="class: verseSelected"]
[TD]Rom 7:1[/TD]
[TD]¶Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth?[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]![]()
[TD]Rom 7:2[/TD]![]()
[TD]For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband.[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]![]()
[TD]Rom 7:3[/TD]![]()
[TD]So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man.[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]![]()
[TD]Rom 7:4[/TD]![]()
[TD]Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]![]()
[TD]Rom 7:5[/TD]![]()
[TD]For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death.[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]![]()
[TD]Rom 7:6[/TD]![]()
[TD]But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Both, the law expired for me when I died and was rose up in Christ.
Again the choice is yours, believe and follow Jesus or believe and follow the law, can be both. (scripture to follow)
So why is Jesus saying he did not come to destroy the law. You seem to be saying we can now live in sin since there is no law/Commandment to break. Yet SCRIPTURE tells us we have to stop sinning---I believe the word of God.
How then do you explain that the Apostle Paul uses one of those 10, coveting, as the very example of the Law that Christians have died to and been released from? (Rom. 7:5-7)
Zechariah 14:16
And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.
This is in the law. Was this accomplished yet?
Could you further explain what you mean here? It sounds as if you say I am free to covet, but I KNOW that isn't what you're saying because I've read dozens upon dozens of your posts.I understand that I've been freed from the penalty of my sins - death - by His sacrifice. But does this mean I am free from the law and can now covet with immunity? And have I, in fact, died to coveting if I still covet? And again, have I died to the law that says don't murder if I still murder?
Do you believe when the bible said ALL the law and the prophets are summed up In one word,love?
It is ambiguous......let's take a poll...(joking)
A}
1) The husband = sinful flesh
2) Christ kills sinful flesh
2) We are no longer wed to sinful flesh
3) We marry Christ
b}
1) The Husband = The Law
2) Christ puts an end to the Law
3) We are no longer married to the Law
4) We now marry Christ