When does the marriage supper of the lamb happen? Before, During, or after Great Tribulation?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jul 27, 2019
When does the marriage supper of the lamb happen?
Before, During, or after Great
Tribulation?

bluto

Aug 4, 2016
When does the marriage supper of the lamb happen?
Before, During, or after Great
Tribulation?
This is a question that has "ALWAYS" bothered me and "NEVER" made sense. How can it be that the supper is before or even during the Tribulation when all "hell" is breaking loose the church is celebrating a marriage supper. It just does not make any sense. Also notice that this event is explained at Revelation 19:7-10. Now look at Revelation 20:4-5 which is the tribulation period and it says at vs5, "The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were completed. "THIS IS THE FIRST RESURRECTION." This is why I'm a post-tribulationist. Btw, this is only one reason and I could give you a dozen more why there is no so-called rapture and in fact the word "rapture" does not appear in the Bible, there is only one second coming. :eek:

IN GOD THE SON,
bluto

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
I believe the marriage FEAST/SUPPER (of the Lamb) speaks of the promised and prophesied earthly Millennial Kingdom (or at least its inauguration) commencing upon His "RETURN" to the earth. It involves (as its "guests") those who will have been "INVITED" to it DURING the tribulation period years (having coming to faith WITHIN those years), whether still-living [i.e. mortals (saints) entering the MK] or having died in the trib years, as well as OT "resurrected" [not "raptured"] saints.

Revelation 19:7 (pertaining to the "Bride/Wife [singular]" and the "marriage" itself) is distinct from Revelation 19:9 (pertaining to the "invited GUESTS [plural]" and "the wedding FEAST/SUPPER [the earthly MK]")

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
^ EDIT: Revelation 19:7 (pertaining to the "Bride/Wife [singular]" [as already-wed] and the "marriage" itself) is distinct from Revelation 19:9 (pertaining to the "invited GUESTS [plural]" and "the wedding FEAST/SUPPER [the earthly MK]").

The wedding FEAST/SUPPER does not pertain to our Rapture, but commences upon His "RETURN" (to the earth), and we (the Church which is His body) "WITH [G4862] Him"

Jul 27, 2019
All praises to Ahayah Bahasham Yashaya Wa Raach!

I asked that question because it was brought up the end of a church service
and I had never thought about it because no one really talks about that much so I thought I would post the question to see everyone’s views.
————
And yes I agree with you there, also scripture says that Christ will send out His angels to gather the Saints when He returns after Tribulation. And I don’t see them being left out of that wonderful celebration!

Jul 27, 2019
I believe the marriage FEAST/SUPPER (of the Lamb) speaks of the promised and prophesied earthly Millennial Kingdom (or at least its inauguration) commencing upon His "RETURN" to the earth. It involves (as its "guests") those who will have been "INVITED" to it DURING the tribulation period years (having coming to faith WITHIN those years), whether still-living [i.e. mortals (saints) entering the MK] or having died in the trib years, as well as OT "resurrected" [not "raptured"] saints.

Revelation 19:7 (pertaining to the "Bride/Wife [singular]" and the "marriage" itself) is distinct from Revelation 19:9 (pertaining to the "invited GUESTS [plural]" and "the wedding FEAST/SUPPER [the earthly MK]")
I agree!

Jul 27, 2019
——
I know many believe that the church will be the only ones at that feast because they believe it takes place before or during Great Tribulation when they get raptured while others are on earth suffering.

Jul 27, 2019
——
Seems to me that those who believe in pre or mid rapture have the same thinking and they really stand by it but it just doesn’t add up.

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
Right. I disagree with that view (that we'll be celebrating the wedding feast/supper in heaven during the trib years unfolding on the earth).

I do believe we/"the Church which is His body" ARE Raptured pre-trib, but its purpose is not for us to attend the wedding feast/supper (as though it were located up in heaven [no!]); the wedding feast parables are not speaking of our Rapture, but of His "RETURN" to the earth (as an ALREADY-WED Bridegroom), and those "guests [PLURAL]" and "[PLURAL] Virgins" are NOT "the Bride/Wife [singular]" (who is not being depicted in those parables)

Jul 27, 2019

What do you mean when you say mortal saints?

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
What do you mean when you say mortal saints?
Perhaps read my Post #9... and note that the "Bride/Wife [singular]" is not the "guests [plural]" nor the "10 [or 5] Virgins [/bridesmaids] [plural]"...

The Rapture pertains SOLELY to "the Church which is His body"

OT saints and saints who DIE during the trib, will be "resurrected [to stand again on the earth]" FOR the earthly MK

Some "saints" [distinct from the Church which is His body, already in Heaven at that point] will survive until the end of the trib years and will ENTER the MK age in their "still-living [mortal] bodies" (capable of bearing children/reproducing) and this would be [numerous] passages such as Daniel 12:12 "BLESSED is he that waiteth, and cometh to the 1335 days" (and about 10 other "BLESSED" passages in the Gospels and like in Rev16:15-16 and Rev19:9 [re: the earthly FEAST/SUPPER (MK)], etc... I'll go search for my list of passages that relate)

Passages that pertain to His Second Coming to the earth (FOR the wedding FEAST/SUPPER; I.e. the promised and prophesied EARTHLY Millennial Kingdom) [not our Rapture]:

--ALL "Son of man cometh/coming/shall come/etc" passages

--"the kingdom of the heavens" (the promised and prophesied EARTHLY Millennial Kingdom)

--"the wedding FEAST/SUPPER" passages (ditto the above; referred to in a few different passages)

--the "G347 - shall sit down [around a table / at a meal]" of Matt8:11 and its parallel

--the entire Olivet Discourse (except for the section of Lk21:12-24a about the events of 70ad), so Matt24-25/Mk13/Lk21

--the "IN QUICKNESS [NOUN]" references of Lk18:8[chpt-17-end] "avenge IN QUICKNESS [NOUN]," [also Romans 16:20 (distinct LOCATION, same time-frame) and Rev1:1/22:6] (specific limited future time period leading UP TO the earthly MK, which will commence at His Second Coming to the earth)

--"the end [singular] of the age [singular]" in Matthew 13:24,30,39,40,49-50 (also Matt24:3 and His response); as well as "the age [singular] to come" which follows the other, sequentially, but found in Matt12:32 (the MK) located in the text before the Matt13 passage

--the two "RETURN" passages of Luke 12:36-37,38,40,42-44 "when he will RETURN FROM the wedding..." THEN the meal; and Luke 19:12,15,17,19 "RETURN," when He will deal out responsibilities regarding "have thou authority over 10 cities" and "likewise... be thou over 5" (and the parallels to these; see also Rev2:26-27, Rev19:15b ["SHALL [future] shepherd them [the nations]..."], Rev20:4, etc)

--ALL "there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth" passages (for those not entering the earthly MK time period, as ALL "saints/the righteous" WILL be present and accounted FOR, to enjoy)

--the "ye [the 12] shall sit on 12 thrones, judgING the 12 tribes of Israel" (Lk22:30,16,18 and Matt19:28 [compare with Matt25:31-34 for TIMING: His 2nd Coming to the earth])

--about eight to TEN "BLESSED" passages in the gospels [correlating with Dan12:12's "BLESSED" (specific time slot ["Blessed is he that waiteth and cometh to the 1335 days"]--referring to "still-living" persons, at the time of His Second Coming to the earth) and Rev19:9's "BLESSED" both/all pertaining to their entrance into the promised and prophesied earthly Millennial Kingdom, commencing upon His RETURN to the earth at the time of His Second Coming to the earth]

--the Transfiguration (a picture of His Second Coming glory)

Jul 23, 2018
This is a question that has "ALWAYS" bothered me and "NEVER" made sense. How can it be that the supper is before or even during the Tribulation when all "hell" is breaking loose the church is celebrating a marriage supper. It just does not make any sense. Also notice that this event is explained at Revelation 19:7-10. Now look at Revelation 20:4-5 which is the tribulation period and it says at vs5, "The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were completed. "THIS IS THE FIRST RESURRECTION." This is why I'm a post-tribulationist. Btw, this is only one reason and I could give you a dozen more why there is no so-called rapture and in fact the word "rapture" does not appear in the Bible, there is only one second coming. :eek:

IN GOD THE SON,
bluto
"Thou prepareth a table before me in the presence of my enemies"
Jesus said the feast is in heaven.
Therefore DURING the gt.

Jul 27, 2019
Perhaps read my Post #9... and note that the "Bride/Wife [singular]" is not the "guests [plural]" nor the "10 [or 5] Virgins [/bridesmaids] [plural]"...

The Rapture pertains SOLELY to "the Church which is His body"

OT saints and saints who DIE during the trib, will be "resurrected [to stand again on the earth]" FOR the earthly MK

Some "saints" [distinct from the Church which is His body, already in Heaven at that point] will survive until the end of the trib years and will ENTER the MK age in their "still-living [mortal] bodies" (capable of bearing children/reproducing) and this would be [numerous] passages such as Daniel 12:12 "BLESSED is he that waiteth, and cometh to the 1335 days" (and about 10 other "BLESSED" passages in the Gospels and like in Rev16:15-16 and Rev19:9 [re: the earthly FEAST/SUPPER (MK)], etc... I'll go search for my list of passages that relate)

Passages that pertain to His Second Coming to the earth (FOR the wedding FEAST/SUPPER; I.e. the promised and prophesied EARTHLY Millennial Kingdom) [not our Rapture]:

--ALL "Son of man cometh/coming/shall come/etc" passages

--"the kingdom of the heavens" (the promised and prophesied EARTHLY Millennial Kingdom)

--"the wedding FEAST/SUPPER" passages (ditto the above; referred to in a few different passages)

--the "G347 - shall sit down [around a table / at a meal]" of Matt8:11 and its parallel

--the entire Olivet Discourse (except for the section of Lk21:12-24a about the events of 70ad), so Matt24-25/Mk13/Lk21

--the "IN QUICKNESS [NOUN]" references of Lk18:8[chpt-17-end] "avenge IN QUICKNESS [NOUN]," [also Romans 16:20 (distinct LOCATION, same time-frame) and Rev1:1/22:6] (specific limited future time period leading UP TO the earthly MK, which will commence at His Second Coming to the earth)

--"the end [singular] of the age [singular]" in Matthew 13:24,30,39,40,49-50 (also Matt24:3 and His response); as well as "the age [singular] to come" which follows the other, sequentially, but found in Matt12:32 (the MK) located in the text before the Matt13 passage

--the two "RETURN" passages of Luke 12:36-37,38,40,42-44 "when he will RETURN FROM the wedding..." THEN the meal;and Luke 19:12,15,17,19 "RETURN," when He will deal out responsibilities regarding "have thou authority over 10 cities" and "likewise... be thou over 5" (and the parallels to these; see also Rev2:26-27, Rev19:15b ["SHALL [future] shepherd them [the nations]..."], Rev20:4, etc)

--ALL "there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth" passages (for those not entering the earthly MK time period, as ALL "saints/the righteous" WILL be present and accounted FOR, to enjoy)

--the "ye [the 12] shall sit on 12 thrones, judgING the 12 tribes of Israel" (Lk22:30,16,18 and Matt19:28 [compare with Matt25:31-34 for TIMING: His 2nd Coming to the earth])

--about eight to TEN "BLESSED" passages in the gospels [correlating with Dan12:12's "BLESSED" (specific time slot ["Blessed is he that waiteth and cometh to the 1335 days"]--referring to "still-living" persons, at the time of His Second Coming to the earth) and Rev19:9's "BLESSED" both/all pertaining to their entrance into the promised and prophesied earthly Millennial Kingdom, commencing upon His RETURN to the earth at the time of His Second Coming to the earth]

--the Transfiguration (a picture of His Second Coming glory)
These scriptures came to mind when I came to that part in your post and that’s why I asked.
——scripture says we’ll be changed and be immortal. But Not everyone?
1 Corinthians 15:52 In a moment, in the twinckling of an eye, at the last trumpe, (for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.)
1 Corinthians 15:53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortall must put on immortalitie.
1 Corinthians 15:54 So when this corruptible shall haue put on incorruption, & this mortall shall haue put on immortality, then shall be brought to passe the saying that is written, Death is swallowed vp in victorie.

Jul 23, 2018
——
Seems to me that those who believe in pre or mid rapture have the same thinking and they really stand by it but it just doesn’t add up.
I can defend the pretrib rapture quite easily.
In fact post for me a post trib rapture verse.
(There are none)

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
[Re; Post #13] Right. 1Cor15:51-54 ("THIS corruptible" and "THIS mortal") is speaking specifically of [to/for/about] "the Church which is His body" (not to all other saints of all OTHER time periods: not to OT saints [who will indeed be "resurrected [to stand again on the earth]" but at the END of the trib], not to Trib saints [though those of them who DIE in the trib will be "resurrected" at the END of the trib (Martha [and Job and Daniel] WELL-KNEW of this resurrection! It was NO MYSTERY! yet Paul is speaking here of a mystery! ['as-yet undisclosed'])], and not to MK saints [who won't be dying in the MK age])

Jul 23, 2018

IN GOD THE SON,
bluto
Jesus was raptured
The 2 witnesses...rapture
Rev 14 has a third rapture DURING the gt.
Nothing,nada,post trib
Nada

Jul 27, 2019
I can defend the pretrib rapture quite easily.
In fact post for me a post trib rapture verse.
(There are none)
Scripture says after Christ returns after Tribulation three events will happen:
The dead will be caught up 1st, then everyone alive 2nd, and then He will His angels to gather the elect saints.
——
These things happen only after Tribulation.

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
The dead will be caught up 1st, then everyone alive 2nd, and then He will His angels to gather the elect saints.
——
So, you are proposing a "down-up-down" scenario? That's a new one. :D

Jul 27, 2019
Scripture detailed those events clearly.
As for the pre Tribulation I don’t see it being detailed anywhere in scripture.
Just as the others were.
Scripture doesn’t give clues or even mention a secret rapture or caught up event that will take place.

Jul 23, 2018
——
If you believe 1 thes 4 that the dead are raptured before the living,then you can not make a postrib rapture fit.
Because we see a rapture in rev 14 DURING THE GT.
Those angels in mat 24 are gathering FROM HEAVEN.
NOT earth.

So we still have no postrib rapture verses.
In fact i just showed you rev 14. It makes any post trib rapture notion impossible.
Or just remove 1 thes 4.