When the answer is no...

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Cherries

Senior Member
Feb 21, 2007
477
9
18
It's painful when we believe something is really meant for us and we pray and work hard to try to attain it but the answer seems to be that it isn't. We don't like being told no. The doors we so desperately try to open is sealed shut and we can't seem to figure out why? I've had that happen plenty of times but I know that even when I don't understand why things happen as they do when you give it all to God there is no hesitation in what the outcome will be. The bible (depending mostly of the version) roughly saids about 365 times (I found out) to not worry or to not be afraid. Sometimes through tears I tell God I trust Him even when my heart feels another way. The anxiety that has pulsed through me at those times were so intense my heart felt like it would physically fail me. Despite the feelings my spirit and my body stood planted on His promises. Jesus has never failed me and He never will despite of how I feel or what is going on around me. If the answer is no and you have prayed continuously and has seek Him diligently than it is what its supposed to be. What I learned is the feelings pass and the storms always comes to an end but the Lords promises are forever. He has plans for us and He makes our paths straight. He never fails.

Jeremiah 29: 11-13 (kJV)
11For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. 12Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you. 13And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart. .
 
Often times what we think we want isn't really what we need. sometimes the best answer we can receive from is no
 
God sets a straight path but though impatience, misunderstanding and lack of trust it becomes crooked. Faith is blessed assured hope in the evidence that is unseen.
 
Blain;bt20214 said:
Often times what we think we want isn't really what we need. sometimes the best answer we can receive from is no

amen He gives us the answers we need not necessarly the ones we want to hear all the time. i appreciate your insight thank you for commenting. God bless you
 
Last edited:
tourist;bt20217 said:
God sets a straight path but though impatience, misunderstanding and lack of trust it becomes crooked. Faith is blessed assured hope in the evidence that is unseen.

yes amen you are right. Ive been impatient before and doubtful and nothing good ever comes from it. You are very encouraging brother Tourist, thank you for commenting on my blogs I appreciate you. God bless you
 
Great blog post. Truth indeed in those lines you wrote. After I have prayed to God on a matter, He can still say no because His plan is better (even though its almost never apparent at the time). I often say to my self that God may disappoint me but He will never let me down. I get disappointed when I think I should get a certain outcome and God says, "Uh uh! I have a different plan." But in my momentary disappointment and, in fact, throughout my life, God has never let me down. Everything He has allowed into my life and all that He has done has been for my good. his ways are truly higher than ours.



amen and thank you for your comment! We get setback and disappointed but its only for the moment and when we see what God had in store it is always better than what we would've settled for. God bless you!
 
Last edited by a moderator: