He ain’t listening.In verse 23, John specifically denies that Jesus meant he would not die. John's soul is in heaven, while his body is buried somewhere.
He ain’t listening.In verse 23, John specifically denies that Jesus meant he would not die. John's soul is in heaven, while his body is buried somewhere.
In John 21.22, Jesus says that John would remain alive until He returns. So, where is John now? Where has he been? Did Jesus keep anyone else alive? John is the oldest living person if it's just him, at over 2000 years old. So, where is he? Wouldn't he be in the news? Wouldn't he be out preaching and healing people and working wonders and miracles?
I think he is either one of two things: 1. being held captive somewhere. or 2. in hiding somewhere. Those are the only explanations I can come up with for not knowing his whereabouts.
At least I learned that the Mormons believe he's still alive, thanks to posthuman.
This thread exemplifies the practice of sticking one's fingers in one's ears and yelling "Blah Blah Blah!" when others offer sound correction.
Proverbs has a word for people who do this.
The argument is not that John would not die, but that John hasn't died yet.In verse 23, John specifically denies that Jesus meant he would not die. John's soul is in heaven, while his body is buried somewhere.
A silly jest doth not an argument make.The argument is not that John would not die, but that John hasn't died yet.
Great movie. Somehow I'm not surprised you have a clip handy.Don't Call Me Shirley
![]()
Silly jest? I'm not jesting. I'm not being silly. Surely, you jest.A silly jest doth not an argument make.
Only two? .In discussion concerning the identity of John the Revelator in relation to John the Apostle, the Church historian of Caesaria, Eusebius, who takes the posiiton that distinguishes two John's, wrote, "This shows that the statement of those is true, who say that there were two persons in Asia that bore the same name, and that there were two tombs in Ephesus, each of which, even to the present day, is called John's."
It was something that looked tl and I was going to skip over but
after seeing how you ended it like that? Yeah. I read it. Not drivel!
Yeah I lack the skills to shorten what I’m trying to say it’s always seemed strange I mean the demand to say something in a couple sentences because the Bible is a big huge book that’s very convincing because it’s so repetetive and these so many details on each subject that change the meaning and contextssometimes it takes a lot of words to make a point -- it's a balancing act; if you don't go through the argument and make the quotes, no one will believe you for lack of persuasion and evidence. but if you do, no one will read it because it's more than a paragraph or two.
@Pilgrimshope made the same argument earlier in the thread, more briefly, but because his posts are often long they are also often skipped - no matter how worth reading they actually are
((here → post #14))
Dinner gets cold while you are asking God's blessings upon His gifts no doubt.Yeah I lack the skills to shorten what I’m trying to say it’s always seemed strange I mean the demand to say something in a couple sentences because the Bible is a big huge book that’s very convincing because it’s so repetetive and these so many details on each subject that change the meaning and contexts
Dinner gets cold while you are asking God's blessings upon His gifts no doubt.