Where would you live?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

mcubed

Dec 20, 2013
If you could live anywhere in the world where would you live? I would live in the Red Sea because it is the world's northernmost tropical sea.

Innerfire89

Aug 23, 2017
Hawaii seems like a nice place to live, lots of tropical plants and wildlife or some place that's just the opposite, cold and snowy all year-round. I want to be out in creation. Where I am in Mississippi is nice though, but it's always humid or dry, not much in between.

Y

Yahweh_is_gracious

Someplace sparsely populated with a long growing season for fruits and vegetables. Preferably with access to Internet of some type so when I actually feel like working I can do what I need to earn my meager paycheck.

Lighthearted

Oct 17, 2016
Wherever I'm led...but personally, someplace about 75° year round :)

Feb 28, 2016
we'll live where ever, how ever, when ever, our Saviour leads...
no matter our age or the stage in our lives, thus far for today, and
of course, on into His tomorrows...

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
Hawaii seems like a nice place to live, lots of tropical plants and wildlife or some place that's just the opposite, cold and snowy all year-round. I want to be out in creation. Where I am in Mississippi is nice though, but it's always humid or dry, not much in between.
I lived in Hawaii for 3 years while I served in the Military back in the 80's. The weather there is perfect and the scenery is beautiful! :cool:

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Arizona, for obvious reasons lol

D

Depleted

When we were young, (middle-age), we had plans on where we'd live when we retired. We'd live in our RV and travel across North America, (Canada counts, Mexico was iffy -- a bit too hot), to every great fishing lake there is starting at Lake Winnebago. (The plan was to buy a Winnebago, so it seemed fitting. lol)

When disabilities hit and money became scarce, we were considering Tennessee, because their COL is one of the cheapest in the States, plus it's not known for natural disasters. (Hurricanes rarely go there, mud slides and floods rarely happen, forest fires don't rage in the dry season, and it's not in Tornado Alley.) But we stayed here in Philly, because my Dad might/did need me.

Now that he can't need me, and I couldn't travel far enough to go see him anyway, I see God always planned us to be where we are. If we lived in the burbs or the country, we would have been in serious trouble during that "Mother of All Storms" in the 1990s. We would have needed our car to get wherever we needed to go. Instead, we could walk where we needed to go. There have been many snowstorms that said the same thing since then too.

And, if we weren't 15 minutes from the nearest VA Hospital, my husband would be dead.

Scenically speaking, and thinking of my old hobbies, Philly isn't a place we would have chosen. We chose it for jobs. And, ultimately, God landed us right where we needed to be to prepare us to be here when needed.

G

Galatea

Miami, Florida in a condo.

WineRose

Jan 3, 2017
Row A, Column 9
South Korea sounds like a very interesting country...but I still think that Singapore's safer.

Also, I can't speak Korean, so there's that...

Dec 12, 2013
Down under mate.....am presently In Australia...my 8th trip and have spent close to 7 months here......love it and consider it my 2nd home......

Z

Zi

My brother will be leaving mid next year and will be stationed for 3 years in Hawaii. He and wife are excited!
I lived in Hawaii for 3 years while I served in the Military back in the 80's. The weather there is perfect and the scenery is beautiful! :cool:

mcubed

Dec 20, 2013
Just couriousess am I the only one who would live in the ocean? This any any where in the world? My sons says space... Not a fan... I would only prefer the ocean though if I can drive my private submarine to the surface any time I wanted...

Z

Zi

I seriously was going to say the same thing.
I love underwater views. The ocean is beautiful. So full of color
I once went on the glass bottom boat in Key West..
Just couriousess am I the only one who would live in the ocean? This any any where in the world? My sons says space... Not a fan... I would only prefer the ocean though if I can drive my private submarine to the surface any time I wanted...

J

joefizz

South Korea sounds like a very interesting country...but I still think that Singapore's safer.

Also, I can't speak Korean, so there's that...
Singapore does sound fascinating,never knew it was it's own country until I looked it up,that's pretty cool!

J

joefizz

Somewhere with no bugs if possible lol!

J

joefizz

Down under mate.....am presently In Australia...my 8th trip and have spent close to 7 months here......love it and consider it my 2nd home......
Yeah it would be cool to watch kangaroos go at it from a distance!

Mar 11, 2016
Singapore
abigail.pro
According to this online quiz I should be living in Cape Town, South Africa because I want both the city and the Safari. Go figure.

But, really, I wanna live in Tokyo. I wanna speak Japanese. I love the language, I love the place - so colorful and has everything I need. I wanna see the hot springs and Mt. Fuji. The food is GREAT. Not a sushi fan but the rest of their food is great. I LOVE DANGO. Ugh. And I wanna see cherry blossoms. And read lots and lots of manga and light novels.