Which Bible?

  • Thread starter Thread starter rdbseekingafterhim
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
except the KJVO's believes in the logic of faith with a pure, preserve, given by inspiration of God. That makes the difference.

That WOULD make a difference, if it was true. The KJV is no more "written" by the inspiration of God than any other mainstream version is.

All main translations are TRANSLATED with the help of the Spirit, by MEN. The only "inspired" writings were the originals, that the apostles wrote. And Moses, etc.... you know... the originals.
 
That WOULD make a difference, if it was true. The KJV is no more "written" by the inspiration of God than any other mainstream version is.

All main translations are TRANSLATED with the help of the Spirit, by MEN. The only "inspired" writings were the originals, that the apostles wrote. And Moses, etc.... you know... the originals.
If you really think that you seriously need to repent because that is so not true. There are versions out there that will cut people off from Christ.
 
If you really think that you seriously need to repent because that is so not true. There are versions out there that will cut people off from Christ.


Nothing, not a bible version nor anything else can cut anyone away from Christ.


Romans 8:38-39 38 [FONT=&quot]For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,[/FONT][FONT=&quot]39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.[/FONT]
 
Last edited:
Nothing, not a bible version nor anything else can cut anyone away from Christ.


Romans 8:38-39 38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Apparently you haven't read Galatians. Many will say Lord Lord didn't we cast out Devils and prophecy in your name and he will say depart from me I never knew you. God says why do you call me Lord Lord and do not the things I say. To say that all of the different versions of the word out there are all equally inspired is a serious error and some versions will cause you to not do the things the Lord tells us to do. But to those with an honest and pure heart who bare fruit with patience you're right nothing can separate them only because God keeps them from the evil one. When I post things on here it is with an honest and pure heart. Make sure that pride and wanting to win an argument doesn't keep you from seeing the truth. I never mean any harm but we must learn to accept healthy rebuke when we are in error.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently you haven't read Galatians. Many will say Lord Lord didn't we cast out Devils and prophecy in your name and he will say depart from me I never knew you. God says why do you call me Lord Lord and do not the things I say. To say that all of the different versions of the word out there are all equally inspired is a serious error and some versions will cause you to not do the things the Lord tells us to do. But to those with an honest and pure heart who bare fruit with patience you're right nothing can separate them only because God keeps them from the evil one. When I post things on here it is with an honest and pure heart. Make sure that pride and wanting to win an argument doesn't keep you from seeing the truth. I never mean any harm but we must learn to accept healthy rebuke when we are in error.


Apparently you haven't read Romans. If you believe God is unable to keep His message pure through different translations then we disagree.
If you do not see that those whom Jesus told to depart from Him were never saved in the 1st place because they relied on works rather than faith then not only do we disagree but I am truly concerned for you. Either we trust in Jesus' righteousness or we trust in self righteousness, can't be both.
 
Last edited:
Look I'm only trying to help and when I said apparently you haven't read Galatians I realize that may have sounded harsh and I didn't mean to sound harsh. The truth is we have to see what the word says yes I know what it says in Romans but I also know what it says in Galatians as well. The word is too complex for me to explain.and take for instance the Roman Catholic Church when the pay fines for sin and pray to Mary it doesn't matter what their bible in front of them promises they are turning from the truth. They are say Lord Lord and not doing what the Lord says. Like I said those promises only apply to those with an honest and pure heart that produce fruit with patience.
 
The rcc was always more concerned with maintaining control then saving the masses imho. I believe the gospel Jesus gave to paul for us ensures that once we become believers we are redeemed and made holy by God and that can never be undone. I believe God can, will and does save people through any version of His Word that He chooses. I also believe it is God doing the saving and not us either for ourselves or others.


I also may have sounded harsh in my previous response and if that is the case I do apologize. I also believe civilized discussion of issues we may disagree on is most certainly a good thing.
 
No problem like I said I write my posts out of love I just wanted to tell people what I knew about some of the versions of the word and for people to be aware that some of those other versions are in error.
 
No problem like I said I write my posts out of love I just wanted to tell people what I knew about some of the versions of the word and for people to be aware that some of those other versions are in error.

Yeah many anti Christ posting incomplete bible verses in internet..much better we have to buy a real Bible than looking on internet.
 
If you really think that you seriously need to repent because that is so not true. There are versions out there that will cut people off from Christ.

Yes, I really think that, and no repentance required.

Yes, there are some translations that are just wrong in some things... the Mormon one, or the JW's translation... but nearly ALL biblical scholars agree that they are incorrect...

This is why I specifically said all "mainstream" translations...such as the NASB, NRVS, NKJV, etc....

And, FISnookman got it right... a translation cannot cut you off from Christ.
 
Yes, I really think that, and no repentance required.

Yes, there are some translations that are just wrong in some things... the Mormon one, or the JW's translation... but nearly ALL biblical scholars agree that they are incorrect...

This is why I specifically said all "mainstream" translations...such as the NASB, NRVS, NKJV, etc....

And, FISnookman got it right... a translation cannot cut you off from Christ.
I'm not going to sit here and argue with people about this. You just proved my point when you said there are some translations that are obviously wrong. That's all I was saying. However, I would add that there are some others besides the Mormon or JW translations that are in error as well.
 
I'm not going to sit here and argue with people about this. You just proved my point when you said there are some translations that are obviously wrong. That's all I was saying. However, I would add that there are some others besides the Mormon or JW translations that are in error as well.

This post has the potential to start the argument over again. Personally I'd prefer that didn't happen. I haven't met a translation yet that didn't have shortcomings, errors, weaknesses, and flaws. However, the Scripture stands (Is 40:8) and is still God-breathed (2 Tim 3:16). :)
 
I'm not going to sit here and argue with people about this. You just proved my point when you said there are some translations that are obviously wrong. That's all I was saying. However, I would add that there are some others besides the Mormon or JW translations that are in error as well.

I don't disagree with that at all.
 
Well, the way I understand it.... God gave the words to the original writers... you know, Matthew, Mark, etc....

These words have been preserved in several ways since they were first put to papyrus... our "translations" have ALL come from the conversion of those Greek words to another language by people who are educated enough to DO that.

You seem to be saying that the men that translated the KJV just wrote it down, purely from words that they "received" from God in their minds??

This sort of goes against what the men themselves said, when they gave references of the original Greek texts they used to do their "translation", doesn't it?

Look... it's a TRANSLATION, done by men, and guided by the Spirit, we assume.

Just like the other, more recent translations are.

And, how do you know that there wasn't a closet homosexual in the group of men that translated the KJV?

Since when has "being a sinner" kept someone from having knowledge and ability?

Your legalism is showing.... again.

Why do you say it's just a translation, how do you know that God didn't inspire the translators to write exactly what God intended to be written?
 
really?

then why did you say that you believe that ALL other translations are inspired by the devil?

let me refresh your memory:




why do you hide this? this is what you actually believe, so it is disingenuous of you to now say you believe God's word is in all languages too

you are speaking out of both sides of your mouth and cannot catch up on your own apologies
It's very east to figure out if a translation came from Satan. Satan is the father of lies and that will be reflected in his work... the newer translations have multiple lies in them.

I'm not speaking out of both sides of my mouth. I beleive God's inerrant word is available in all languages. Translations with errors however are not the inerrant word of God.
 
Micah 5:2New International Version (NIV)

[SUP]2 [/SUP]“But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah,
though you are small among the clans of Judah,
out of you will come for me
one who will be ruler over Israel,
whose origins are from of old,
from ancient times.”


Micah 5:2King James Version (KJV)

[SUP]2 [/SUP]But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.

What is your beef here?

Jesus did not have an origin.
 
It's very east to figure out if a translation came from Satan. Satan is the father of lies and that will be reflected in his work... the newer translations have multiple lies in them.

Can you show some such lie?
And what do you do with 'lies' (I prefer term "errors") in KJV?
 
The "homosexual woman" to whom you refer was not part of the translation team; her involvement was limited to external consultation on a few matters of prosaic style. Go and do your homework properly, by consulting sources from outside the KJVO camp. Your lack of integrity surprises me; sadly, your lack of scholarship does not.

From Wikepedia Virginia's specialty was feminist theology, and LBGT theology.

Virginia Ramey Mollenkott spent her 44-year professional career teaching college level English literature and language, but developed specializations in feminist theology and lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender theology during the second half of that career.

Per an article from Bible Gateway the stylistic consultants made invaluable suggestions to the scholars. Surely you don't think her LGBT bias didn't have anything to do with the removal of Sodomite language from the bible do you?
It's unbelieveable to me that you would come to the defense of this obviously pro homosexual bible translation.

The translation of each book was assigned to a team of scholars, and the work was thoroughly reviewed and revised at various stages by three separate committees.The Committee submitted the developing version to stylistic consultants who made invaluable suggestions. Samples of the translation were tested for clarity and ease ofreading by various groups of people. In short, perhaps no other translation has been made by a more thorough process of review and revision.
 
Are you telling us that God directs Satan to create a translation of the scriptures to deceive anyone who reads them?
Sure he does. Why would you think he wouldn't? God uses lying spirits to decieve people when they reject his words.