Which is more important looks or personality?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
Which is more important looks or personality?

The andser:

Puppies! Women will pretty much always fall for a guy with a dog. :giggle:
Nah we're not falling for the guy with the dog; we're just there to pet the pup. Because puppies are the best and a lot of dogs are better people than most people.

IToreTheSky

Aug 20, 2020
N.Y.
Looks are subjective for sure. Everyone has varied opinions on what they find physically attractive on someone. Personalities vary and obviously you want to be with someone that is compatible to yourself on many levels. In the end for me at least personality wins out. Not because I'm an unattractive male ( imho) but because the need to have a partner that I gel with mentally & spiritually is more stimulating to me in the long run. Yes, I can look at a woman and think she's beautiful physically, but that's where it ends. It doesn't make me want to get to know her better. That comes after hearing her speak and getting a bit of insight into who she is. Many times that's what makes her physically attractive. ( For me at least ) if someone thinks yer physically attractive that's nice but in the grand scheme of things it's a small part of the puzzle. Anyways that's my 2 cents.

Kireina

Aug 26, 2020
Are Looks important? yes to some people, just observe and look around...you will see that some people favor good looks over personality. Whether we admit it or not oftentimes without realizing it, we judge someone a lil harsh based on their appearance. 'Hard to admit this but I was guilty of that too 😥 but between the two I would definitely choose without hesitation, someone's nice personality over good looks.

Good looks are nice it will surely catch someone's attention but finding someone worth knowing,someone who is nice to be around,someone who makes you laugh,someone who treats you nice and special,someone who is kind,someone who is selfless and someone who loves the Lord Jesus ...For me,that person is amazingly lovable and strikingly attractive 😊

Encouragement

Aug 25, 2020
Are Looks important? yes to some people, just observe and look around...you will see that some people favor good looks over personality. Whether we admit it or not oftentimes without realizing it, we judge someone a lil harsh based on their appearance. 'Hard to admit this but I was guilty of that too 😥 but between the two I would definitely choose without hesitation, someone's nice personality over good looks.

Good looks are nice it will surely catch someone's attention but finding someone worth knowing,someone who is nice to be around,someone who makes you laugh,someone who treats you nice and special,someone who is kind,someone who is selfless and someone who loves the Lord Jesus ...For me,that person is amazingly lovable and strikingly attractive 😊
Hi hello Kireina beautifully said...and yes God has made ALL people with a physical body with features that will be appealing to somebody else and he has given us the eyes to behold this and yes it's a perfectly natural reaction..and its not even a case of you being guilty too of someone catching your eye...why shouldn't someone catch your eye if you find then attractive..?😉😉
The only wrongness is the context of the desire..ie if they are already married or with someone..ect ect...
It's great when someone is great to be around and their company is kinda like a summer sunrise....nothing can replace great chemistry and the second half of your comment encapulates this most definitely.
Whenever I met someone ect..and get married I will send u an invite.💌
😊😊😊..great to read your comments.

Encouragement

Aug 25, 2020
Good because i prefer kitties. :D

Any cute kittie that shows up with my date....thats it I'm gone (as in weak at knees..I love kitten/cats💕)..She might even have to help me walk to the restaurant door afterwards..🤣🤣

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Oddly enough most "personality" people end up with attractive looking partners 🤔

Encouragement

Aug 25, 2020
Maybe I'll REALLY go off the grain here and say, "Looks or personality? How about food." :)

This could actually be a good answer.

If the cheeseburger looks good, and he looks good sitting next to it... and he's kind, polite, and thoughtful to the waitstaff...

I'd say we have a Triple Crown Winner. :cool:
You have given me a good idea for any future dates.Will make sure it's at a restaurant that's buffet style and when my date arrives make sure I am standing right by the food area looking friendly and as warm as a radiator...
Surely it's gotta count for something then..🤣🤣

JustEli

Dec 23, 2018
anyone got a 3 pronged puller, Im kinda at a standstill without one............. sorry off topic

soggykitten

Jul 3, 2020
Oh heck, if it was looks I'd be the gifted awesome personal one left holding the door for all the beautiful people exiting the creation shop. :sneaky:

Lighthearted

Oct 17, 2016
Looks are subjective for sure. Everyone has varied opinions on what they find physically attractive on someone. Personalities vary and obviously you want to be with someone that is compatible to yourself on many levels. In the end for me at least personality wins out. Not because I'm an unattractive male ( imho) but because the need to have a partner that I gel with mentally & spiritually is more stimulating to me in the long run. Yes, I can look at a woman and think she's beautiful physically, but that's where it ends. It doesn't make me want to get to know her better. That comes after hearing her speak and getting a bit of insight into who she is. Many times that's what makes her physically attractive. ( For me at least ) if someone thinks yer physically attractive that's nice but in the grand scheme of things it's a small part of the puzzle. Anyways that's my 2 cents.
Yep...two cents bro. 👍

Johari

Dec 24, 2013
I've come to experience that looks aren't an accurate predictor of someone's personality. Looks typically is what initially attracts me. I'm starting to get attracted to men who are kind to me and everyone else around. It's kind of a strange feeling to be attracted via kindness then later notice his physical attractiveness. It's as if I'm blindsided initially and didn't realize the man's looks.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
er someone keeps on talking about 'chemistry' and I have to say what has CHEMISTRY got to do with anything????. Isnt it more about PHYSICS not chemistry. Or maybe MATHS. Or BIOLOGY.

If someone would explain what 'great chemistry' actually is and gives the formula then it would go a long way in explaining the gibberish ppl talk about on here.

I mean if all people are is a bunch of chemicals then break it down.
Nitrogen?
Potassium or Phosphorus? In what ratio?

Encouragement

Aug 25, 2020
er someone keeps on talking about 'chemistry' and I have to say what has CHEMISTRY got to do with anything????. Isnt it more about PHYSICS not chemistry. Or maybe MATHS. Or BIOLOGY.

If someone would explain what 'great chemistry' actually is and gives the formula then it would go a long way in explaining the gibberish ppl talk about on here.

I mean if all people are is a bunch of chemicals then break it down.
Nitrogen?
Potassium or Phosphorus? In what ratio?
Are you serious??🤷‍♀️
It is a term used to describe the connection that happens between two people.A specific type of relational connection (emotional or otherwise)..
It's about how two people click or have a type of interaction that creates an interest/attraction ect.
It just metaphorical expression...
It's in no way a form of gibberish

Ruby123

Mar 1, 2019
I think chemistry can sometimes be used quite loosely. Sometimes people can call it that when it is actually attraction or even lust.