Which Would You Find Easier: Baking Christmas Cookies, or Finding a Wife?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Hey Everyone,

It's a simple question, no?

I recently witnessed a conversation in which a very talented young man, who is no slouch in the kitchen, state that he had stayed up until the wee hours of the morning in order to try to master an advanced level of Christmas Cookie Creations, but to no avail.

Feeling somewhat overwhelmed (or defeated,) he finally declared that he had come to the conclusion that instead of trying to master this level of confectionery skill, "it would be easier just to find a wife."

Lol!

(Unfortunately, that would immediately eliminate some of us ladies right out of the running, seeing as I set off all the smoke detectors in the house yesterday while just trying to seer a pan of burgers.)

So what do you all think? And to be fair, let's make this question "gender-equal."

How would YOU complete this sentence:

"Sure, I could learn _____________________________________________ (insert your idea here, such ask, "how to mow the lawn, cook, clean, do my own laundry, how to do kung fu", etc.) BUT, it would be A LOT easier just to ________________________________________ ("get a husband," "get a wife", "buy all new clothes," "hire a ninja," etc.)

Your answers can be serious or silly, but hopefully, let's have some fun! :)

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
For such a silly question, I have actually given this a lot of thought.

I COULD change the oil in my car, but I take it to the mechanic because it's a minivan and I do NOT want to be lying under something that low when it is on jacks.

There are a lot of things I could learn to do, but I would be passable at a lot of things. I'd rather be good at a few things.

However... there are some people who choose to be passable at a lot of things, and that is also good. Everybody needs to know a jack-of-all-trades. They're handy to have.

up

Banned
Oct 8, 2019
here we go😁

anotha ss, thread of phantasmagoricalness👍😉...

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Okay, enough seriousness in a silly thread.

I COULD practice at a video game until I am really good at it... but it's much easier to watch the last battle and ending on youtube.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
"Sure, I could learn _____________________________________________ (insert your idea here, such ask, "how to mow the lawn, cook, clean, do my own laundry, how to do kung fu", etc.) BUT, it would be A LOT easier just to ________________________________________ ("get a husband," "get a wife", "buy all new clothes," "hire a ninja," etc.)

The way you phrased this reminds me of an old joke.

Three elderly rich ladies were trying to impress each other. The current topic was "I spend so much money that the local jeweler gives me a lot of attention." One said, "When my diamond rings get dirty I take them down to Sotherby's and Mr. Sotherby himself comes out to clean them for me."

The second said, "Well when my diamond rings get dirty I call Mr. Sotherby up and he comes to my house to clean them for me."

The third said, "Girls, girls, that sounds like far too much effort! When mine get dirty I throw them away and place another order at Sotherby's. "

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009

Truthfully, people often get so caught up in the given example that the first reply I figured I would get is, "SEOUL!!! WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?! ARE YOU CRAZY?!" (I get that a lot.) :D

And then I expected the person to say, "EVERYONE KNOWS NINJAS DON'T DO KUNG FU!!! DUH!!!"

(Ninjas are Japanese, while Kung Fu has Chinese origins.)

But hey... At least it would have been funny!!! :ROFL:

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Sure I could growl and bark at everybody. But it's a lot easier to just get a dog.

Although... I have a dog, and though he barks a lot he never growls at anybody. And I know some people who choose to do their own growling and barking.

Feb 28, 2016
Sure I could growl and bark at everybody. But it's a lot easier to just get a dog.

Although... I have a dog, and though he barks a lot he never growls at anybody. And I know some people who choose to do their own growling and barking.
====================================
Lynx,
you DO growl & bark at just about everybody, - do you really HAVE a DOG???
barking vs. growling are (2) very different things!!!
(barking is simply trying to get attention, BUT, 'growling' is much more serious, =
it's 'asking for WAR'...

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Wat kind of Christmas cookies wez talkin' bout?
Them there hifalutin ones. He was trying some kinda newfangled fancy-schmancy design.

====================================
Lynx,
you DO growl & bark at just about everybody, - do you really HAVE a DOG???
barking vs. growling are (2) very different things!!!
(barking is simply trying to get attention, BUT, 'growling' is much more serious, =
it's 'asking for WAR'...
Yes I have a dog.

Did you intend to imply I'm almost always "asking for WAR" or was that not intended? You said I do growl and bark at just about everybody (you ain't seen nothin' yet!) and you said it is asking for war...

Jun 22, 2020
Australia
Hey Everyone,

It's a simple question, no?

I recently witnessed a conversation in which a very talented young man, who is no slouch in the kitchen, state that he had stayed up until the wee hours of the morning in order to try to master an advanced level of Christmas Cookie Creations, but to no avail.

Feeling somewhat overwhelmed (or defeated,) he finally declared that he had come to the conclusion that instead of trying to master this level of confectionery skill, "it would be easier just to find a wife."

Lol!

(Unfortunately, that would immediately eliminate some of us ladies right out of the running, seeing as I set off all the smoke detectors in the house yesterday while just trying to seer a pan of burgers.)

So what do you all think? And to be fair, let's make this question "gender-equal."

Is it meant to be easy to find a wife... Hmmm im not too sure about that idea...
I failed to find a wife and there are countless more like me...

So i would actually change that sentence and say.
"I could find a wife but it would be just easier to fly like an eagle"
or
"I could find a wife but it would be easier to teleport myself across the world"

Ah silly me, i get it now. He is saying its hard to find a wife... Duh
I think

Im confused cos baking a cake is easy
But this cake was super complicated... So its hard to find a wife...
Right?

Feb 28, 2016
Lynx,
hub and I Love you very much, and yes, you are what we would call a 'dog' as in reference to
'digging-up' what is not desirable among the = norm!!! and being truthful in answering truthfully -
???

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
WHAT???
are u 'dumb-founded', or ...
This thread was meant to be a light-hearted break from the stress of world chaos and holiday stress or depression, including my own.

If you would like to continue, I would like to politely ask that you please take this to PM or start your own thread instead of hijacking and taking over this one.

Thank you.

JustEli

Dec 23, 2018
I could take the time to try and understand......................... but it is easier not to care.

no ........... thats stupid..............

I could hire some one to clean my house ......................... but I dont know any reliable chickmeres at the moment.....

Im not real clear on the rules here.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Lynx,
hub and I Love you very much, and yes, you are what we would call a 'dog' as in reference to
'digging-up' what is not desirable among the = norm!!! and being truthful in answering truthfully -
???
In fairness, I have asked Lynx not to answer you back, so know that he isn't ignoring you, but rather is keeping silent as a favor to a friend.

Unfortunately, things like this are exactly why the forum has died and we can't get any new threads going.

I hope people won't be discouraged and will continue to post their ideas anyway.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
I could take the time to try and understand......................... but it is easier not to care.

no ........... thats stupid..............

I could hire some one to clean my house ......................... but I dont know any reliable chickmeres at the moment.....

Im not real clear on the rules here.

So...

What, exactly is a chickmere? 🤓😁