Who All Would Like to See a Matchmaking Thread Here in Singles?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Would You Like to a Matchmaking Thread in the Singles Forum?

• Sure -- I love living dangerously! I would qualify and would like to participate.

Votes: 17 53.1%
  • Sure -- I don't qualify/do not want to be matched but want to see everyone else's craziness.

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Maybe -- It would depend on... (please state your concerns in a post.)

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Maybe -- I have an idea for a different approach (please tell us your ideas in the thread.)

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Absolutely Not -- Matchmaking is of the devil. Besides, my Aunt Bertha already tried!

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • I'm Not Touching This With a 10-Foot Pole -- I don't qualify and wouldn't read such a thread!

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Open for Discussion -- I could go either way, and here's why... (talk to us.) :)

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Second time I’ve been shipped with BBG.

I think it’s a sign....

That we’re both comedians! 🤣😁
ooh twice now huh? where shall I send your reservation and what music shall I have playing in the background?:sneaky:

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Actually, you do deserve an honor like that.
Well lets make a deal then if I ever find love again and end up getting married you and mom have to come to the wedding and you will be my best man

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Well lets make a deal then if I ever find love again and end up getting married you and mom have to come to the wedding and you will be my best man
OK, my friend, you got a deal. It would be an honor.

Jul 20, 2019
This is really interesting, Gregory, thank you for sharing. I'm thinking we're definitely going to have to start a thread in which people can tell us about themselves...

I had to smile when you mentioned the Enola Gay. Several years ago I was able to visit the National Air and Space Museum with my Grandpa, who was a WWII veteran, and the number one thing he wanted to see was the Enola Gay.
A fine aircraft. The name always intrigued me. And I didnt think anyone would pick up where the names come from. The Edmund Fitzgerald sank in the Great Lakes back in 1974. It was the largest vessel on the lakes at the time.

C

CozHElivesIcanface2morrow

My Perfect Match #3 are @17Bees@Tinkerbell725 They are both smart people.

My perfect Match #4 @seoulsearch@BrotherMike BrotherMike seems like a very responsible godly man and I am happy to pair him with our lovely Kim 😊

My Perfect Match #5 @Mel85@BlessedByGod they are both lighthearted people this is the FOURTH TIME you are paired with BlessedbyGod 😆 HE MUST BE THE ONE Mel! 😂

My perfect Match #6 @Deade@Rosemaryx I really admire both of them. 'So decent people. I guess they're perfect together.

My perfect Match #7 @NotmebutHim@Heart_Melody I don't know them but I think they are good match.

My perfect Match #8 @17Bees@Pipp I know, I know I paired 17bees with Tinkerbell but maybe 17bees have twin brother 😂 Pipp is sweet and talented. I love her cake creations they are so beautiful.

My perfect Match #9 @Dino246@Susanna he is quite a good match for our dear valiant Susanna.They are both strong willed people in my opinion... I admire people with strong personality 😊

My perfect Match # 10 @Vagabond@MegMarch They are both beautiful looking people

My perfect Match #11 @1christian1@CharliRenee CharliRenee is one sweet sister I love her sweet and encouraging personality. Keep it up sister! So,I am pairing her with 1christian1.

My perfect Match #12 @Kojikun@ArtsieSteph I am pairing them because they are both artists.

My perfect Maatch #13 @christian74@love_comes_softly ayayy I read their posts quietly and can't help to admire them. People who share what's in their hearts🤗

My perfect Match #14 @zeroturbulence@Ruby123 Zero is a nice man and one of my first friends here on CC I feel like Ruby is the best pair for him she is a nice woman too.

@Lynx I don't forget you ..still searchin searchin but I am being vigilant 🕵🏻 at the same time I know you are holding a flamethrower 🤣

Aug 2, 2009
Second list, lasssssgoooo!!

@Ruby123 and @zeroturbulence (both of you are just so sweet and genuine).
@cinder and @17Bees
@seoulsearch and @Dino246
@Heart_Melody and @christian74
@Blain and @Lanolin

Third list coming soon at a theatre near you!

My perfect Match #14 @zeroturbulence@Ruby123 Zero is a nice man and one of my first friends here on CC I feel like Ruby is the best pair for him she is a nice woman too.
I love that you guys think I should be shipped with Ruby, but her and Shittim really should be together because they are the best of friends on here.

And this is how I feel about matchmaking threads...

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
I match Melita with pizza! Because I don’t qualify for this thread :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

Apr 23, 2020
Hey All,

A long time ago, a brilliant CC member (who, unfortunately, isn't here anymore) wrote a "Shipping" (matchmaking) thread, and started it out by naming two people here whom he thought might be a good match for each other -- then invited everyone else to do the same.

As you can imagine, the thread absolutely exploded. Matchmaking seems to be an inevitable part of the single life, so hey, why not have a little fun with it here? I'm writing this initial thread to see if there's any interest, but more importantly, if we can avoid some of the pitfalls we came across last time, because some of them were quite controversial at the time. I'm always the type who is trying to "Build a Better Mouse Trap", but I guess in this case, it would be "Building a Better Spouse Trap." ;)

In all seriousness, the thread would be more about meeting people and making friendships, and definitely should NOT be seen some kind of ultimate dating medium. In fact, if people said, "Hey, I think so and so (of the same gender) seem to have a lot in common and could be really good (platonic, of course!) friends," I would welcome that as well, because making friends is what Singles is all about.

Now, I don't mean to douse all the fun, but I do think we might need to discuss a few things in advance.

Here are some of the problems we had the last time:

1. Younger members who wanted to participate (one was about 16.)

Anyone here is free to take the idea of a matchmaking thread, make their own rules (within CC standards) and run with it, but for anything I write, I'm going to have an age restriction of 20 years old and over. This is just what I comfortable with. Now, if my PM box gets overrun messages from a mob of angry teenagers, I will gently explain to them that they have not only a Teen Forum, but also a Young Adults Forum, and even the freedom to start their own thread here in the Singles Forum if they so choose.

2. Unintended matches between those with large age gaps.

Many of us here don't have our age listed, and even when we did, sometimes a member would suggest two users who had a very wide age range between them (for example, about 20 years.) It usually wasn't on purpose -- people just didn't know how old everyone was.

My proposed idea, if enough people are interested, is that I'd write a 2nd thread asking for people who actively wanted to participate and would give them a list of "Help us get to know you better" statements to give us something to work with. I know some people might not want to give their age so I'm thinking that just asking them to state an age range ("25-30".) What do you think?

This second ("Getting to Know You") thread would also be meant to hopefully curb the next two problems:

3. Last time, some of the people who were "matched" already had significant others in real life. This set off another big debate because some people said that it was all in good fun (true) and that as long as someone wasn't married, they were fair game (sorry, I can't get on board with this.)

If I had a boyfriend, I wouldn't want online strangers to be "matching" him with other women, even if it was just a "joke". I don't mean to sound like a dictator, but if I'm taking the time to write threads, I would also be setting the guidelines from past experience. I would ask that only completely unattached singles would participate. Speaking of participation...

4. Some people were "matched" -- but they weren't interested in participating at all, and people brought up their names because they were well-known at the time. A thread in which would-be participants answered voluntarily would help us know exactly what the pool was that we had to choose from. Anyone who didn't want to be matched or doesn't qualify just wouldn't answer the "Who Wants to Be Matched" thread.

And finally...

5. Although the past "Shipping" thread was meant to be in good fun and just meant as a way of possible forming friendships and getting to know people, it was probably inevitable that some people really WERE hopeful for a "REAL" match (someone they would actually start dating,) and felt genuinely sad and let down when the thread didn't help them find anyone.

People were also (understandably) mentioned as a match for anyone, or of they only got one match, while someone else was matched several times (this honestly happened because some members are more well-known and/or share more than others -- it was impossible to match people who hardly ever posted and/or never shared anything about themselves in their posts.)

That being said, would anyone still be interested? I know it probably seems like a killjoy to bring up all the problems before the attempt is even made, but I'm hoping against hope that we could still have fun and yet avoid any major disasters!

Thoughts, suggestions, and solutions are welcome. :)

Just to get an idea of how many might be interested, I'm including a poll (which is anonymous and multiple choice,) but please don't let that be a substitute for sharing your thoughts here on the thread. The more we get smoothed out in advance, the better I think it might go.

Apr 23, 2020
Hey All,

A long time ago, a brilliant CC member (who, unfortunately, isn't here anymore) wrote a "Shipping" (matchmaking) thread, and started it out by naming two people here whom he thought might be a good match for each other -- then invited everyone else to do the same.

As you can imagine, the thread absolutely exploded. Matchmaking seems to be an inevitable part of the single life, so hey, why not have a little fun with it here? I'm writing this initial thread to see if there's any interest, but more importantly, if we can avoid some of the pitfalls we came across last time, because some of them were quite controversial at the time. I'm always the type who is trying to "Build a Better Mouse Trap", but I guess in this case, it would be "Building a Better Spouse Trap." ;)

In all seriousness, the thread would be more about meeting people and making friendships, and definitely should NOT be seen some kind of ultimate dating medium. In fact, if people said, "Hey, I think so and so (of the same gender) seem to have a lot in common and could be really good (platonic, of course!) friends," I would welcome that as well, because making friends is what Singles is all about.

Now, I don't mean to douse all the fun, but I do think we might need to discuss a few things in advance.

Here are some of the problems we had the last time:

1. Younger members who wanted to participate (one was about 16.)

Anyone here is free to take the idea of a matchmaking thread, make their own rules (within CC standards) and run with it, but for anything I write, I'm going to have an age restriction of 20 years old and over. This is just what I comfortable with. Now, if my PM box gets overrun messages from a mob of angry teenagers, I will gently explain to them that they have not only a Teen Forum, but also a Young Adults Forum, and even the freedom to start their own thread here in the Singles Forum if they so choose.

2. Unintended matches between those with large age gaps.

Many of us here don't have our age listed, and even when we did, sometimes a member would suggest two users who had a very wide age range between them (for example, about 20 years.) It usually wasn't on purpose -- people just didn't know how old everyone was.

My proposed idea, if enough people are interested, is that I'd write a 2nd thread asking for people who actively wanted to participate and would give them a list of "Help us get to know you better" statements to give us something to work with. I know some people might not want to give their age so I'm thinking that just asking them to state an age range ("25-30".) What do you think?

This second ("Getting to Know You") thread would also be meant to hopefully curb the next two problems:

3. Last time, some of the people who were "matched" already had significant others in real life. This set off another big debate because some people said that it was all in good fun (true) and that as long as someone wasn't married, they were fair game (sorry, I can't get on board with this.)

If I had a boyfriend, I wouldn't want online strangers to be "matching" him with other women, even if it was just a "joke". I don't mean to sound like a dictator, but if I'm taking the time to write threads, I would also be setting the guidelines from past experience. I would ask that only completely unattached singles would participate. Speaking of participation...

4. Some people were "matched" -- but they weren't interested in participating at all, and people brought up their names because they were well-known at the time. A thread in which would-be participants answered voluntarily would help us know exactly what the pool was that we had to choose from. Anyone who didn't want to be matched or doesn't qualify just wouldn't answer the "Who Wants to Be Matched" thread.

And finally...

5. Although the past "Shipping" thread was meant to be in good fun and just meant as a way of possible forming friendships and getting to know people, it was probably inevitable that some people really WERE hopeful for a "REAL" match (someone they would actually start dating,) and felt genuinely sad and let down when the thread didn't help them find anyone.

People were also (understandably) mentioned as a match for anyone, or of they only got one match, while someone else was matched several times (this honestly happened because some members are more well-known and/or share more than others -- it was impossible to match people who hardly ever posted and/or never shared anything about themselves in their posts.)

That being said, would anyone still be interested? I know it probably seems like a killjoy to bring up all the problems before the attempt is even made, but I'm hoping against hope that we could still have fun and yet avoid any major disasters!

Thoughts, suggestions, and solutions are welcome. :)

Just to get an idea of how many might be interested, I'm including a poll (which is anonymous and multiple choice,) but please don't let that be a substitute for sharing your thoughts here on the thread. The more we get smoothed out in advance, the better I think it might go.
I’d like to meet someone that lives in my town. I don’t plan on moving till I go home to be with the Lord. I miss a partner so whatever others want is fine with me...

Ruby123

Mar 1, 2019
Everyone is pairing similar personalities. I wonder how opposites would go?

BlessedByGod

Sep 28, 2019
I’m opposite to everyone anyway😂.
Soooo....you have a different magnetic field you say hummm? 🤔Interesting. Very interesting....ok, times up, that'll be $100 bucks. Same time next week?😄

Mel85

Daughter of the True King
Mar 28, 2018
Everyone is pairing similar personalities. I wonder how opposites would go?
Is being a comedian a personality?.......

or a gift? 😉🤣 seriously though, my matches are based on observations 😊

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Is being a comedian a personality?.......

or a gift? 😉🤣 seriously though, my matches are based on observations 😊
Well I would say so it is a career after all.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Although I do have ground rules.
I do not do gross vulgar bodily expulsions, accidents are fine not on purpose.
I do not do persistently argumentative people believe me I get way to much of that from my family
I do not under any circumstances do vile unholy seafood except certain fish

Also kitty cats I love them don't anyone dare make me not allowed to get one.
mod kitten.jpg

Tinkerbell725

Jul 19, 2014
Philippines Age 40
My Perfect Match #3 are @17Bees@Tinkerbell725 They are both smart people.

My perfect Match #4 @seoulsearch@BrotherMike BrotherMike seems like a very responsible godly man and I am happy to pair him with our lovely Kim 😊

My Perfect Match #5 @Mel85@BlessedByGod they are both lighthearted people this is the FOURTH TIME you are paired with BlessedbyGod 😆 HE MUST BE THE ONE Mel! 😂

My perfect Match #6 @Deade@Rosemaryx I really admire both of them. 'So decent people. I guess they're perfect together.

My perfect Match #7 @NotmebutHim@Heart_Melody I don't know them but I think they are good match.

My perfect Match #8 @17Bees@Pipp I know, I know I paired 17bees with Tinkerbell but maybe 17bees have twin brother 😂 Pipp is sweet and talented. I love her cake creations they are so beautiful.

My perfect Match #9 @Dino246@Susanna he is quite a good match for our dear valiant Susanna.They are both strong willed people in my opinion... I admire people with strong personality 😊

My perfect Match # 10 @Vagabond@MegMarch They are both beautiful looking people

My perfect Match #11 @1christian1@CharliRenee CharliRenee is one sweet sister I love her sweet and encouraging personality. Keep it up sister! So,I am pairing her with 1christian1.

My perfect Match #12 @Kojikun@ArtsieSteph I am pairing them because they are both artists.

My perfect Maatch #13 @christian74@love_comes_softly ayayy I read their posts quietly and can't help to admire them. People who share what's in their hearts🤗

@Lynx I don't forget you ..still searchin searchin but I am being vigilant 🕵🏻 at the same time I know you are holding a flamethrower 🤣

Amazing matches sis, but the great 17bees already has girlfriend. And tinkerbell has boyfriend... sometimes. :D:p

My matches:

Brothermike + Cinder = broder
Hungry + Charlierenee = chargry
Adstar + Lanolin = ladstar
Shittim + mel = shimel
Zeroturbulence + ruby = zerub