WHO ARE THE CC USERS YOUD MOST LIKELY GO MEET IN PERSON AND WHY?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
So many people know other users so well online but how many have actually met and established a good friendship? Its one thing to SAY and be someone online but literal interaction can be another thing. Any opinions?

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
When I was reviewing this thread for approval I initially read the title as

WHO ARE THE CC USERS YOUD MOST LIKELY GO MEET IN PRISON AND WHY?

Kinda did a double take.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I'm confused. The title seems to be soliciting a list of the CC members I think I would be willing to drive a good bit to visit. The text in the first post seems to be requesting a list of people we have already met.

I haven't yet met any of y'all so I'm going to go with the thread title.
I would drive across a couple states to meet:
Tommy
seoulsearch
cinder
Dino
Catherder
Popclick
Shouryu
Tintin
tourist
JesusLives
(this space reserved for people I would drive a while to meet but I can't think of their user names right now)

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018

Kinda did a double take.
Lol.did i have another typo? Lol

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
I'm confused. The title seems to be soliciting a list of the CC members I think I would be willing to drive a good bit to visit. The text in the first post seems to be requesting a list of people we have already met.

Tommy
seoulsearch
cinder
Dino
Catherder
Popclick
Shouryu
Tintin
tourist
JesusLives
(this space reserved for people I would drive a while to meet but I can't think of their user names right now)
So...the second part of that question is "why"? Id like to meet kodiak in maine..tourist in Florida..faith-in-christ in Texas? Why? Because i think theyre no nonsense people that would be the same in person as online and i can relate a lot to each..

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018

Tommy
seoulsearch
cinder
Dino
Catherder
Popclick
Shouryu
Tintin
tourist
JesusLives
Its not so much of a LIST thing but some users it might not be financially pheasable to meet etc..

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Because they all seem like relatively cool people I would enjoy meeting. Why else?

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
So far I have met one person, WillieT who is now banned. We live a few miles from each other and have met for lunch a few times. He is the same in person as how he is portrayed in his posts. Very amusing fellow, nice wife. Oh, I married another member JesusLives. I think that meeting Tommy would be doable, and would like to visit P_Rhebein in Alabama. My wife has written to him a quite a few times, and has sent cards and letters to other members, most of them still current. I wouldn't mind meeting Ugly either in North Carolina. We have not often seen eye to eye over the years but I admire his perseverance in facing extreme hardship. There are others I would love to meet as well but these are the ones that come to mind first and would not be too difficult and expensive to arrange to meet. There are many peeps that I care about and pray for, to me, each member is very real and not virtual,

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Play nice kitty cat..seem a bit sarcastic? Lol
No sarcasm at all. You mentioned there was a second part to the question. I can't think of any reason why other than "because they seem relatively cool and I think it would be fun to meet them."

When I asked, "Why else?" I was expressing my lack of knowledge of any other viable reasons. Do you have any?

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee

Kinda did a double take.
After reading this I had to go back and see the title of the OP again. Very amusing. Perhaps another thread - WHO ARE THE CC USERS MOST LIKELY TO GO TO PRISON AND WHY?

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
So far I have met one person, WillieT who is now banned. We live a few miles from each other and have met for lunch a few times. He is the same in person as how he is portrayed in his posts. Very amusing fellow, nice wife. Oh, I married another member JesusLives. I think that meeting Tommy would be doable, and would like to visit P_Rhebein in Alabama. My wife has written to him a quite a few times, and has sent cards and letters to other members, most of them still current. I wouldn't mind meeting Ugly either in North Carolina. We have not often seen eye to eye over the years but I admire his perseverance in facing extreme hardship. There are others I would love to meet as well but these are the ones that come to mind first and would not be too difficult and expensive to arrange to meet. There are many peeps that I care about and pray for, to me, each member is very real and not virtual,
Like tommy sort of hinted to before..my fear would be meeting someone and theyre totally not who they portrayed themselves to be..

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
No sarcasm at all. You mentioned there was a second part to the question. I can't think of any reason why other than "because they seem relatively cool and I think it would be fun to meet them."

When I asked, "Why else?" I was expressing my lack of knowledge of any other viable reasons. Do you have any?
I just havent bought into as close as cyber people say they are..seems tp be a false sense of intimacy that people feed into..maybe in time ill think differently but for now im skeptical..

Aug 14, 2018
Um, I'd have to say no one. I'm new here and don't know anyone so that'd just be creepy. ;)

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee

Tommy
seoulsearch
cinder
Dino
Catherder
Popclick
Shouryu
Tintin
tourist
JesusLives
From this list of yours I would add seoulsearch and TinTin. I miss that guy, I heard that he had some problems with his account and hasn't signed on in a long time. Seoulsearch is just a fascinating person. I will add you to the list also. As you may recall, my wife did think enough of you to ask you to marry us a few years ago. Thank you for the music you sent me too. I know that I have probably rubbed you the wrong way but I do consider you a good decent man with a great perspective on what's important in life. I like sourdough bread too but JesusLives can't stand it. Yeah, I would be willing to drive to see you too one day. Actually, we are planning to move to Tennessee in a couple years, probably near Gatlinburg. I know that is across the state from where you live but in would be in the same state. You are an outstanding member of the community and I admire and respect the man of God that you are.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I just havent bought into as close as cyber people say they are..seems tp be a false sense of intimacy that people feed into..maybe in time ill think differently but for now im skeptical..
That's a shame.

Well my list still stands, including the last entry. As much as I've talked to them in the forum, if they aren't who they claim to be they must be real good actors.

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
That's a shame.

Well my list still stands, including the last entry. As much as I've talked to them in the forum, if they aren't who they claim to be they must be real good actors.
Well you could always add a humerous side and say i wanna visit (inset name) cause they said they make the best pies..etc..lol..or that (insert name) helped me out at this particular time in my life and became a mentor..who knows..lots of reasons people might want to meet other than..they seem nice..lol

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
So...the second part of that question is "why"? Id like to meet kodiak in maine..tourist in Florida..faith-in-christ in Texas? Why? Because i think theyre no nonsense people that would be the same in person as online and i can relate a lot to each..
Your a very nice person too and have added you to my list. You are also witty and amusing and I can relate to that. :)