Who is the ones that is taken ? And who is the ones that are left ?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
And how do you know if you are right without a thorough knowledge of scripture? = lots of study.
John 16
16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, [that] shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
16:14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew [it] unto you.
16:15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew [it] unto you.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
Not all of it. He preached Christ from the OT. He had to drop Judaism though.
… and get blinded, and get knocked off his high horse, and be rebuked, and...

Perhaps he would have been better off starting with a clean slate. All his high-falootin' edjamacation gave him was a fat head and a thirst for human blood.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
Sorry about getting off-topic.

Jan 12, 2019
Matthew 24:40 Then shall two be in the field: the one taken and the other one left; Two grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken and the other left.
It refers to the rapture, where half the Jews will be raptured because they believe in Jesus, the other half will stay to face the Tribulation

Jul 23, 2018
The way I'm reading it, verse 38 speaks only of "Noah" (even though we know others were also on board), and I believe that is to emphasize the distinction of v.39's "[plural] THEY/THEM" (correlating with the "people [plural]" of v.38)

I think the bsb [version] kind of gives the correct sense:

"38 For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark. 39 And they were oblivious, until the flood came and swept them all away. So will it be at the coming of the Son of Man." ['they' plural; Noah wasn't the one that "knew not UNTIL"... He believed God and prepared the ark and got on board before the judgment fell ;) The "they" of this context, by contrast, disregarded God's word via Noah (it's not that they never heard/saw Noah doing all that prep, it's that they disregarded God's word via Noah... this is what I believe 1 Peter 3:19 is speaking about)]

[note: all "Son of man coming/cometh/shall come/etc" passages speak of His Second Coming to the earth, to judge to reign--and this is one such context]
There were 8 apple in the ark.

When noah entered "they" would be the proper label.

John boarded the bout and They took off.

Only if noah was alone would "he" be used

Jan 4, 2020
washburn Tn
It refers to the rapture, where half the Jews will be raptured because they believe in Jesus, the other half will stay to face the Tribulation
The lie of the RAPTURE Is Satan working to keep the truth of what is going to happen when JESUS comes Back .

Jul 23, 2018
The BIBE tells us that the wick was the ones that was taken, There Lives where taken,
Pre flood.
The flood came and took them away.

Then we see in that same thought by Jesus, one taken/one left behind.

Then "watch and be ready"

In both instances there is an impossibility of it transposed to after the flood or great trib.

The one taken dynamic has 2 paired up. Not a wicked paired with a righteous.

Jul 23, 2018
The lie of the RAPTURE Is Satan working to keep the truth of what is going to happen when JESUS comes Back .
Amazing how you transpose satan on to Jesus coming.

In fact thank you.

It just hit me that you made yet another pretrib power point.

In all the pretrib examples Jesus gave us,satan is absent.

Mat 25
1 thes 4
Mat 24
The last supper

Jul 23, 2018
Here's how I see it:

Genesis 19:29 -

"29 And it cometh to pass, in God's destroying the cities of the circuit, that God remembereth Abraham, and sendeth Lot out of the midst of the overthrow [H2018] in the overthrowing [H2015] of the cities in which Lot dwelt."

[not seeing the idea of "take" but "send [out of]" ... and then perhaps the words "[the] overthrow [H2018]" and "[the] overthrowing [H2015]" would be more akin to the "taking down of" (or, as I had phrased it earlier, "taken away in judgment")]

See what I mean?

There is a different word elsewhere used for "overthrow [H2040]" used in both Proverbs 29:4 [as "overthrow"] and Proverbs 14:1 [as "plucketh it down [with her hands]"]... I wonder if the same general "picture" (in a sense) goes for both the H2040 word here, and the H2018/H2015 word in Gen19:29 even though a different word (IOW, He "SENDETH" Lot out of the midst, but "OVERTHREW" the cities in which Lot had dwelt... kind of like "SENDING" is saying, "Hey, YOU GET OUT" [you'll stay alive that way!] and then the "overthrowing" is like "Hey, I'M takin' them DOWN!" [in judgment])

Just something to consider
No.
If I come get you to go to the store....I TOOK YOU to the store.

If I live there and do not accompany you I send you to the store

Jan 12, 2019
The rapture will take place before Jesus comes back again for the Jews

Jan 4, 2020
washburn Tn
We agree
The last trump is pretrib.
It is blown every year at the feast of trumpets.

The rapture Could be at that time.

Could be
Amazing how you transpose satan on to Jesus coming.

In fact thank you.

It just hit me that you made yet another pretrib power point.

In all the pretrib examples Jesus gave us,satan is absent.

Mat 25
1 thes 4
Mat 24
The last supper
But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise and God has chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty ,

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
There were 8 apple in the ark.

When noah entered "they" would be the proper label.

John boarded the bout and They took off.

Only if noah was alone would "he" be used
Yeah, but I'm trying to explain why it would be [is] written as it is. To emphasize that the "they [plural]" speaks of the "plurals" already REFERENCED in this text (which would be the "people [plural]" in verse 38... who would be the ones that "and they knew not UNTIL"... which agrees with what 1 Peter 3:19-20 also refers to [when it refers to them (the lost/unsaved) as being "disobedient" not "entirely and wholly IGNORANT"...but Noah KNEW what was coming up--the flood judgment--and "preached" unto them by means of the Spirit, per this 1Pet3 text]).

Consider also (alongside my points re: Matt24:38-39's use of the word "G142"):

"took [/take; G142]" (as used in the following) -

Revelation 18:21 - "And one mighty angel took up [G142] a stone like a great millstone and cast it into the sea, saying: 'Thus Babylon will be cast down with violence, the great city, and shall never be found any longer."

1 Corinthians 5:2 - "And ye are puffed up, and have not rather mourned, that he that hath done this deed might be taken away [G142] from among you."

Acts 8:33 [2x] (Isa53:8) - "In his humiliation his judgment was taken away [G142]: and who shall declare his generation? for his life is taken [G142] from the earth."

John 11:48 - "If we shall let Him alone like this, all will believe in Him, and the Romans will come and will take away [G142] both our place and nation."

[/B]So, as I see it, it depends on "who" is doing the "taking" and "to what end / for what purpose"[/B] ;) (whether a "positive" or a "negative" kind of thing)

["extra credit" for those who don't mind reading extra :D : see that this Matthew 24 passage, along with their Q of Him in Matt24:3 which was BASED ON what He had ALREADY spoken to them about (in the EARLIER setting of, and about) the Matt13:24,30,39,40,49-50 context, when the angels will "REAP" [note: this does not take place at our Rapture event!]... that this is when "HE SHALL SEND" His angels to do "this" and "that" ;) , but in our Rapture context, it is specifically stated to be "the Lord HIMSELF" and we [alone, "AS ONE"] will experience "OUR episynagoges UNTO HIM" to the meeting of the Lord... IN THE AIR, and takes place in the EXACT OPPOSITE SEQUENCE from that of Matt13/Matt24 ;) … in Matt13:30, Matt13:40-43, Matt13:49 where it says "sever the wicked from among the just"... "the just" are not going anywhere, in this context, but "the wicked" are "sever[ed]... from among" them ;) … again, this is at "His Second Coming to the earth" time-slot [NOT our Rapture]--This is how I'm seeing it :) )]

Mar 28, 2016
It has nothing to do with the flesh of mankind as if we did wrestles against corrupted flesh and blood called a "body of death" . Jesus of his own flesh and blood says it profits for nothing ,zero.

Jun 10, 2019
This may be useful, could be the ones left are gathered in bundles and burned in the field and the ones taken are placed in the barn

Matthew 13:30
Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Woe Woe shall be upon you if the Rapture is from the Holy Spirit.. For if it is so, ( and i believe it is ) then you have declared The Work of the Holy Spirit to be the workings of satan... And people with understanding know what that is called.. And what the eternal consequences of such a declaration is..

Mar 28, 2016
Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left. Mathew 24:41

In that parable. The woman does not literally disappear .She represents the freed woman the born again believer. The one left represent unbelief.... slave to sin, dead in trespasses and sin. It is there where will the eagles be gathered together. or let the unclean represented by a eagle bury the dead

Galatians 4:24 These things are being taken figuratively: The women represent two covenants. One covenant is from Mount Sinai and bears children who are to be slaves: This is Hagar.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left. Mathew 24:41

In that parable. The woman does not literally disappear .She represents the freed woman the born again believer. The one left represent unbelief.... slave to sin, dead in trespasses and sin. It is there where will the eagles be gathered together. or let the unclean represented by a eagle bury the dead
You are pulling Jesus' words out of their context... again. Jesus mentions the flood of Noah's time right before this. In the flood, the wicked were taken away. Given that, the woman who is left behind would not represent "unbelief".

rhern

Jan 29, 2020
Matthew 24:40 Then shall two be in the field: the one taken and the other one left; Two grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken and the other left.
This is the second coming.
36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.
39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Those left will go into the Kingdom with Christ the King. :42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.
44 Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.

45 Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season?

46 Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.

47 Verily I say unto you, That he shall make him ruler over all his goods.

those taken are not anticipating His Coming.: 48 But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming;

49 And shall begin to smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken;

50 The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of,

51 And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.