Who is Your Fantasy Self, and How Much do You Put into Being that Person?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Solemateleft

Honor, Courage, Commitment
Jun 25, 2017
lol... hmmm... all Man here... here is a snapshot of my view of my 'About'... That might explain why some of the guys keep 'hearting' my comments... ;) lol

1539740834835.png

Solemateleft

Jun 25, 2017
Great response, I see you in the about section on your profile as a female but on more than this post I read you are a man. I know this is not my business, just curious, if you would humor me. I remember thinking he seems so rare in that he seems to be in touch with his feelings, kinda like us chicks, lol. So I went to read the about and you are a she. Can you help a sister out, if you don't mind my question offputting.
Hope that helped resolve the mystery...
Now I am curious, if others do see a different result in my 'About'? If yes, then I will have to ask RoboAdmin to see if he can remedy the glitch...

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
My fantasy self would have, after finding Him, would have stayed the course with my Savior. My fantasy self would have had her identity firmly rooted in Him in all that I do, think and say. I suppose I would have a dream profession, like an established writer, the published kind. I would volunteer all over the world, maybe for fun, do an Alaskan cruise, and bathe a baby elephant, lol. I would seek to be so full of service that I had no time to waste. If I am honest, I would be married to a strong man of God who loved me with His whole heart and mind, who was not a restless, tossing about in what he was and what he wants. He would be the strong loyal type, and we'd bring out the best in each other. I'd want him interested in sharing our thoughts, willing to be my best friend, my team mate, and my captain. I'd like us both be mature enough to avoid the unmet expectations mindsets but it would kinda resolve itself because we'd just fit. Hahaha, fantasy self has turned into fantasy self with a fantasy partner, lol. Anyhow, lol, we would travel and find ways to serve together, and we would read and study the bible together. He wouldn't just be looking for a perfect and ideal woman to do all his domestic chores, that we did responsibilities together. Hey if we are dreaming, he and I would laugh together often and regular.

With all said, I am perfectly satisfied with my real and simple life, and so thankful that with Christ I am never alone.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Now I am curious, if others do see a different result in my 'About'? If yes, then I will have to ask RoboAdmin to see if he can remedy the glitch...
Let me go look again, what if I thought I was on your profile but was not. U have brought me laughter here, brother. Hahaha

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
I am so embarrassed, yup it has been confirmed. I see you are a man. Please disregard this foolish gal.

Solemateleft

Jun 25, 2017
I am so embarrassed, yup it has been confirmed. I see you are a man. Please disregard this foolish gal.
lol... No worries, too funny... it happens... and I swear - you are not likely the first... and yes, I confess - my writing does seem to be like a 'chick' - I suspect that is the INFJ 'feeling' part of my personality coming out... lol

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
lol... No worries, too funny... it happens... and I swear - you are not likely the first... and yes, I confess - my writing does seem to be like a 'chick' - I suspect that is the INFJ 'feeling' part of my personality coming out... lol
Well us women appreciate your willingness to not only accept that part of yourself but also your appreciation of it.

Solemateleft

Jun 25, 2017
Well us women appreciate your willingness to not only accept that part of yourself but also your appreciation of it.
Thanks... lol... I think I channel Mel Gibbson in "What a Girl Wants" or was is Jack Nicholas in "As Good as it Gets"... ;) hahaha

T

theanointedsinner

if I have the power of luck-manipulation that can stumble upon the best superpower ever

we can fantasize as much as we want, no limits!

Solemateleft

Jun 25, 2017
Exactly, hahaha, I reckon you will be living happily ever after, soon.
I would hope so... ;) lol
I think it is healthy to dream about what he may have in store for us within his masterful plan...
I can only pray for our lord's blessing...

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
I would hope so... ;) lol
I think it is healthy to dream about what he may have in store for us within his masterful plan...
I can only pray for our lord's blessing...
I definitely agree, and though I'd like to have the happily ever after with another here on earth, in this lifetime, I'll wait for His will, even If that means I'll have to wait to marry our Him with the rest of the church. I don't want to ache for something that may not be for me, ya know? I am not being gloomy or pessimistic but rather just seeking to make Him the desire of my heart so I don't hunger for something that may never be. I'm an older gal, early fifties, that means the likeliness of finding a partner, especially when I work from home and don't get out a lot is pretty slim to nothing. So if He wants that for me, It will probably come in the form of a miracle, hahaha.

Solemateleft

Jun 25, 2017
I definitely agree, and though I'd like to have the happily ever after with another here on earth, in this lifetime, I'll wait for His will, even If that means I'll have to wait to marry our Him with the rest of the church. I don't want to ache for something that may not be for me, ya know? I am not being gloomy or pessimistic but rather just seeking to make Him the desire of my heart so I don't hunger for something that may never be. I'm an older gal, early fifties, that means the likeliness of finding a partner, especially when I work from home and don't get out a lot is pretty slim to nothing. So if He wants that for me, It will probably come in the form of a miracle, hahaha.
I admire your strength, and pray that I am blessed with such resolve to be content with such admirable patience. At 54 my fear too, was that I've missed my prime and potentially the best years of my life... But then, he reinvigorates my heart with hope that in time (lots of good years left) with his will and his blessings the journey ahead will ultimately be even better than ever imagined...
I just need to have the patience to get it right this time...
As for you, you seem to be a pretty popular person amongst this flock... I suspect that he may just be blessing you with lots of potential suitors from within here to choose from... Not a bad problem to have... ;)