Who Justifieth the Ungodly

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 23, 2016
I have been participating in this thread since 10/03/2021.
I doubt that
click

rogerg said:
I have read every post submitted.
if you have, due to your deluded mind, you've missed the point.
feel better now ???

rogerg said:
As usual, your assertions are ludicrous and not to be taken seriously.
and, as usual, you have avoided the issue ... you've still provided no support for your claim ...

again the onus is on you to provide the post submitted thus far in this thread by anyone other than yourself (or brightfame52 and possibly ForestGreenCook because you,bf52,FGC seem to all agree with each other) wherein what you claim has been stated ...

no red X on Post 3496 (yet) ... good for you

Mar 23, 2016
you resist the Gospel
:rolleyes: ... newsflash for ya, brightfame52 ... you espouse another gospel

Galatians 1:8-9 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

Mar 23, 2016
1 Pet 2:24
24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.
Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness - this phrase speaks to our justification ... not our physical healing.

by whose stripes ye were healed - this phrase speaks to our physical healing. There is a day coming when our bodies shall be changed and there shall be no more sickness, disease, death. The dead shall be raised with incorruptible bodies ... the mortal (living) shall put on immortality

rogerg

Jul 13, 2021
click

feel better now ???

and, as usual, you have avoided the issue ... you've still provided no support for your claim ...

again the onus is on you to provide the post submitted thus far in this thread by anyone other than yourself (or brightfame52 and possibly ForestGreenCook because you,bf52,FGC seem to all agree with each other) wherein what you claim has been stated ...

no red X on Post 3496 (yet) ... good for you
It is not my responsibility to convince you of anything just because you say it is- and I'm astounded you actually believe you have that kind of pull with anyone to even begin with. Your demands are meaningless to me. Further, it is not my prerogative to
discuss someone else's beliefs and to speak on their behalf. So, since you're so curious, why don't you create a tread to ask everyone who believes their faith has saved them?

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
:rolleyes: ... newsflash for ya, brightfame52 ... you espouse another gospel

Galatians 1:8-9 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.
You resist the Gospel of God, thats not good, for Judgment day is coming !

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness - this phrase speaks to our justification ... not our physical healing.

by whose stripes ye were healed - this phrase speaks to our physical healing. There is a day coming when our bodies shall be changed and there shall be no more sickness, disease, death. The dead shall be raised with incorruptible bodies ... the mortal (living) shall put on immortality
Baring our sins and His stripes are relatively the same[His death], so those for whom He died are Justified from sin, they are healed, this is what I have been telling you for a while now.

But you deny this, you deny the Gospel, you say some people Christ died for shall yet die in their sins in unbelief, that notion contradicts 1 Pet 2:24, you deny the Justifying, saving efficacy of the Lords Death.

BTW the verse has noting to do with physical healing !

Mar 23, 2016
It is not my responsibility to convince you of anything just because you say it is
:rolleyes: ... I merely pointed out your straw man ... your statement is a fallacy because up to this point no one who has posted in this thread believes their faith brings salvation (and, notwithstanding your opinion to the contrary, I've read all the posts submitted in this thread).

rogerg said:
and I'm astounded you actually believe you have that kind of pull with anyone to even begin with.
I'm astounded you actually believe I believe I have "that kind of pull with anyone to even begin with".

rogerg said:
why don't you create a tread to ask everyone who believes their faith has saved them?
I'm astounded you actually believe I would start a thread to discuss your straw man fallacy.

Mar 23, 2016
the "Elect of God" is the Lord Jesus Christ.
And those Chosen in Him before the foundation Eph 1:4
:rolleyes: ... nope ... only Lord Jesus Christ is the Elect ...

Philippians 2:9-11 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Mar 23, 2016
You resist the Gospel of God
nope ... that you place your erroneous dogma on par with Scripture is ludicrous on its face.

Mar 23, 2016
nope ... I deny your erroneous dogma ...

brightfame52 said:
you deny the Justifying, saving efficacy of the Lords Death.
nope ... I believe the sacrifice of the Lord Jesus Christ is more than sufficient to cover all the sins of all the descendants of Adam (the whole world) and that those who find themselves cast into the lake of fire have only themselves to blame in their total rejection of God ... just as God tells us in Scripture:

Romans 1:

18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.

20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse

vs 18 - the words "who hold" are translated from the Greek word katechō which means to suppress, restrain.

vs 19 - 20 - God reveals Himself to all mankind (vs 19) and God's eternal power and Godhead is revealed to all mankind (vs 20) ... that is why they are without excuse in suppressing the truth in unrighteousness.

Those who suppress the truth in unrighteousness reject the truth of Scripture ... not because they do not have faith, or because they cannot hear or understand the gospel, but because they hold to something (place their faith in something) other than the truth of Scripture which God has clearly revealed to them.

brightfame52 said:
BTW the verse has noting to do with physical healing !
God's Word tells us that when a person is born again, it is Christ in you, the hope of glory (Col 1:27). Christ within the born again one affects the whole of the person ... body, soul, spirit ... right now, in this lifetime.

1 Thessalonians 5:23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

The whole of the born again one is affected when he or she is born again. The healing of the body does not mean the born again one will never experience physical illness. The healing of the body means that the Lord Jesus Christ within the born again one enables him or her to overcome the lusts of the flesh (body) so that he or she does not succumb to sin.

you can leave your erroneous gospel of you "do not have to believe it, accept itor do anything but continue being ungodly sinners" because once a person is born again, he or she has everything needed to overcome and be victorious over sin.

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
:rolleyes: ... nope ... only Lord Jesus Christ is the Elect ...

Philippians 2:9-11 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

False !

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
nope ... that you place your erroneous dogma on par with Scripture is ludicrous on its face.

Again your resistance is against the Gospel, the Truth, and its sad !

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
nope ... I deny your erroneous dogma ...

nope ... I believe the sacrifice of the Lord Jesus Christ is more than sufficient to cover all the sins of all the descendants of Adam (the whole world) and that those who find themselves cast into the lake of fire have only themselves to blame in their total rejection of God ... just as God tells us in Scripture:

Romans 1:

18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.

20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse

vs 18 - the words "who hold" are translated from the Greek word katechō which means to suppress, restrain.

vs 19 - 20 - God reveals Himself to all mankind (vs 19) and God's eternal power and Godhead is revealed to all mankind (vs 20) ... that is why they are without excuse in suppressing the truth in unrighteousness.

Those who suppress the truth in unrighteousness reject the truth of Scripture ... not because they do not have faith, or because they cannot hear or understand the gospel, but because they hold to something (place their faith in something) other than the truth of Scripture which God has clearly revealed to them.

God's Word tells us that when a person is born again, it is Christ in you, the hope of glory (Col 1:27). Christ within the born again one affects the whole of the person ... body, soul, spirit ... right now, in this lifetime.

1 Thessalonians 5:23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

The whole of the born again one is affected when he or she is born again. The healing of the body does not mean the born again one will never experience physical illness. The healing of the body means that the Lord Jesus Christ within the born again one enables him or her to overcome the lusts of the flesh (body) so that he or she does not succumb to sin.

you can leave your erroneous gospel of you "do not have to believe it, accept itor do anything but continue being ungodly sinners" because once a person is born again, he or she has everything needed to overcome and be victorious over sin.
You deny the saving death of Christ 1 Pet 2:24

24 who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

At this time, you are in unbelief !

Mar 23, 2016
only Lord Jesus Christ is the Elect ...

False !
what you claim to be "False !" is straight from God's Word:

that you place yourself on par with the Elect speaks volumes ...

Mar 23, 2016
Again your resistance is against the Gospel, the Truth, and its sad !
what is sad is that you equate your erroneous dogma to be on par with Scripture ...

2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Ephesians 4:14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive

LightOfMyLife

May 6, 2023
Independence, Mo
We are all sinners and when a person gets saved accepts the gift of salvation Jesus then they are justified. If a person dies without being saved/justified they do not go to heaven.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
what you claim to be "False !" is straight from God's Word:

that you place yourself on par with the Elect speaks volumes ...

What about elect angels? How do they fit in?