Who REALLY is God Almighty!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
I've made a list of what he said... according to John.
Want to hear it?
Did you forget all of these by any chance?

Psa 2:11
Serve the LORD with fear, and rejoice with trembling.
Psa 2:12
Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.

Isa 48:16 (the trinity in one passage)
Come ye near unto me, hear ye this; I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, there am I: and now the Lord GOD, and his Spirit, hath sent me.

Isa 44:6
Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

Isa 48:12
Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last.

Rev 1:11
Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.

Rev 22:13
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

Walter

Jul 20, 2022
Washington
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Exodus 3

God Miraculously Appears

1 Now Moses kept the flock of Jethro his father in law, the priest of Midian: and he led the flock to the backside of the desert, and came to the mountain of God, even to Horeb.

2 And the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a flame of fire out of the midst of a bush: and he looked, and, behold, the bush burned with fire, and the bush was not consumed.

3 And Moses said, I will now turn aside, and see this great sight, why the bush is not burnt.

4 And when the Lord saw that he turned aside to see, God called unto him out of the midst of the bush, and said, Moses, Moses. And he said, Here am I.

5 And he said, Draw not nigh hither: put off thy shoes from off thy feet, for the place whereon thou standest is holy ground.

6 Moreover he said, I am the God of thy father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. And Moses hid his face; for he was afraid to look upon God.

Who Am I?

11 And Moses said unto God, Who am I, that I should go unto Pharaoh, and that I should bring forth the children of Israel out of Egypt?

12 And he said, Certainly I will be with thee; and this shall be a token unto thee, that I have sent thee: When thou hast brought forth the people out of Egypt, ye shall serve God upon this mountain.

What Is His Name?

13 And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? what shall I say unto them?

14 And God said unto Moses, I Am That I Am: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I Am hath sent me unto you.

15 And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, the Lord God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this is my name for ever, and this is my memorial unto all generations.

Read full chapter
God Reassures Moses

1 Then the Lord said unto Moses, Now shalt thou see what I will do to Pharaoh: for with a strong hand shall he let them go, and with a strong hand shall he drive them out of his land.

2 And God spake unto Moses, and said unto him, I am the Lord:

3 And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name Jehovah was I not known to them.

4 And I have also established my covenant with them, to give them the land of Canaan, the land of their pilgrimage, wherein they were strangers.

5 And I have also heard the groaning of the children of Israel, whom the Egyptians keep in bondage; and I have remembered my covenant.

6 Wherefore say unto the children of Israel, I am the Lord, and I will bring you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians, and I will rid you out of their bondage, and I will redeem you with a stretched out arm, and with great judgments:

7 And I will take you to me for a people, and I will be to you a God: and ye shall know that I am the Lord your God, which bringeth you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians.

8 And I will bring you in unto the land, concerning the which I did swear to give it to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob; and I will give it you for an heritage: I am the Lord.

Walter

Feb 15, 2023
Did you forget all of these by any chance?

Psa 2:11
Serve the LORD with fear, and rejoice with trembling.
Psa 2:12
Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.

Isa 48:16 (the trinity in one passage)
Come ye near unto me, hear ye this; I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, there am I: and now the Lord GOD, and his Spirit, hath sent me.

Isa 44:6
Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

Isa 48:12
Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last.

Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.

Rev 22:13
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
They're not in John, or are the words of Jesus.
But if you wish to discuss these ONE at a time, I'll be happy to.

Feb 15, 2023
God Reassures Moses

1 Then the Lord said unto Moses, Now shalt thou see what I will do to Pharaoh: for with a strong hand shall he let them go, and with a strong hand shall he drive them out of his land.

2 And God spake unto Moses, and said unto him, I am the Lord:

3 And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name Jehovah was I not known to them.

4 And I have also established my covenant with them, to give them the land of Canaan, the land of their pilgrimage, wherein they were strangers.

5 And I have also heard the groaning of the children of Israel, whom the Egyptians keep in bondage; and I have remembered my covenant.

6 Wherefore say unto the children of Israel, I am the Lord, and I will bring you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians, and I will rid you out of their bondage, and I will redeem you with a stretched out arm, and with great judgments:

7 And I will take you to me for a people, and I will be to you a God: and ye shall know that I am the Lord your God, which bringeth you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians.

8 And I will bring you in unto the land, concerning the which I did swear to give it to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob; and I will give it you for an heritage: I am the Lord.

Walter

And yet Jesus HIMSELF said no one has EVER seen God.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
They're not in John, or are the words of Jesus.
But if you wish to discuss these ONE at a time, I'll be happy to.
You're joking right?

Rev 1:8
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

Rev 1:12
And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks;

Rev 1:13
And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.

Rev 1:14
His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;

Rev 1:15
And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.

Rev 1:16
And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.

Rev 1:17
And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:

Rev 1:18
I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
I've made a list of what he said... according to John.
Want to hear it?
Trinity right there again fella. Same as Isa 48:16.

Rev 1:4
John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne;

Rev 1:5
And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

Feb 15, 2023
You're joking right?

Rev 1:8
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

Rev 1:12
And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks;

Rev 1:13
And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.

Rev 1:14
His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;

Rev 1:15
And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.

Rev 1:16
And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.

Rev 1:17
And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:

Rev 1:18
I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

Not joking. Are YOU?

Feb 15, 2023
Trinity right there again fella. Same as Isa 48:16.

Rev 1:4
John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne;

Rev 1:5
And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

3 Gods! I GOT it! (yawn)

Feb 15, 2023
Was Jesus talking about HIMSELF? Or THEMSELVES?

Rev 3:12- He who conquers, I will make him a pillar in the temple of my God; never shall he go out of it, and I will write on him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem which comes down from my God out of heaven, and my own new name.

How many times does he have to SAY it before you get the point?

Feb 15, 2023
John 1:18- No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him. > Many thousands saw Jesus!

John 6:45- It is written in the prophets, ‘And they shall all be taught by God.’ Every one who has heard and learned from the Father comes to me. 46- Not that any one has seen the Father except him who is from God; he has seen the Father.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
1.) If you require sources to understand the MOST BASIC and WELL KNOWN tenets of church history... this shows your complete ignorance of church history.

2.) Sources aren't required for the logic part of my argument... and my logic argument is enough to invalidate ALL of your claims about the Roman Catholic Church.

3.) Sources:
Since you haven't bothered to educate yourself on ANY topic you're arguing, I'm not going to waste my day digging out exact citations for someone too lazy to study, and too irrational to make a logical case.
A. Go read any collection of works on the Early Church Fathers.
B. Go read secular, unbelieving scholars, like Bart Ehrman... even he understands the early verbal creeds contained in the New Testament.
C. Go read some Christian scholars and historians who can explain the New Testament and the Early Creeds through proper cultural and linguistic context. Try Gary Habermas, Mike Licona, William Lane Craig, Douglas Groothuis.
D. Go read some of the great Christian scholars on their Systematic Theologies, like Wayne Grudem, Norman Geisler, Francis Turretin, Louis Berkof, John Calvin.
E. Good grief, go all the way back and read Augustine or Thomas Aquinas.
F. READ SOME BOOKS.

4.) General Laziness:
- It will take all of 5 seconds to google a list of quotations from the early church fathers, showing they believed in the deity of Christ.
- If you can't take 5 seconds out of your day to do the most remedial study... then nobody here is obligated to waste their time on someone who is just screeching and trolling.

Seriously... go read some books.

Books are wonderful things.

Walter

Jul 20, 2022
Washington
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
John 1:18- No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him. > Many thousands saw Jesus!

John 6:45- It is written in the prophets, ‘And they shall all be taught by God.’ Every one who has heard and learned from the Father comes to me. 46- Not that any one has seen the Father except him who is from God; he has seen the Father.
Thanks, also that:

Because of our physical, moral, and spiritual limitations, God the Father sent His one-and-only Son into the world. Through Jesus Christ, we know God and are redeemed from our sin. If we want to see God, we must look to Jesus. Those who beheld Jesus as He walked this earth were, in a sense, seeing God—not God as a spirit but God clothed in humanity (John 14:9).

The teaching that “God is spirit” is found in John 4:24: “God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.” Jesus said this to a woman who thought that physical locale has a bearing on proper worship of God.

Feb 15, 2023
1.) If you require sources to understand the MOST BASIC and WELL KNOWN tenets of church history... this shows your complete ignorance of church history.

2.) Sources aren't required for the logic part of my argument... and my logic argument is enough to invalidate ALL of your claims about the Roman Catholic Church.

3.) Sources:
Since you haven't bothered to educate yourself on ANY topic you're arguing, I'm not going to waste my day digging out exact citations for someone too lazy to study, and too irrational to make a logical case.
A. Go read any collection of works on the Early Church Fathers.
B. Go read secular, unbelieving scholars, like Bart Ehrman... even he understands the early verbal creeds contained in the New Testament.
C. Go read some Christian scholars and historians who can explain the New Testament and the Early Creeds through proper cultural and linguistic context. Try Gary Habermas, Mike Licona, William Lane Craig, Douglas Groothuis.
D. Go read some of the great Christian scholars on their Systematic Theologies, like Wayne Grudem, Norman Geisler, Francis Turretin, Louis Berkof, John Calvin.
E. Good grief, go all the way back and read Augustine or Thomas Aquinas.
F. READ SOME BOOKS.

4.) General Laziness:
- It will take all of 5 seconds to google a list of quotations from the early church fathers, showing they believed in the deity of Christ.
- If you can't take 5 seconds out of your day to do the most remedial study... then nobody here is obligated to waste their time on someone who is just screeching and trolling.

Seriously... go read some books.

Books are wonderful things.

Hmmm. From one who can't prove multiple Fantasies.
Costantine wanted his far flung empire - with its assorted Gods- to be UNIFED,
Thus, he set up the Holy Roman Universal ("Catholic") Church.

An antichrist.