There is a tradition in this country that it is only acceptable for a woman to propose to a man during a leap year on Feb. 29. Personally, I have no problem with it.
I don't see anything inherently wrong with a woman proposing to a man; it is certainly a significant statement of how she esteems him. Hopefully she does genuinely esteem him and not see him as some sort of meal ticket.
If the man has not proposed, there is probably a reason why, even if the reason is only, "I haven't thought about it yet."
However, the reason may be deeper. He may have legitimate questions about the "quality" of the lady. He may not be "settled" on that one lady. He may have deeper emotional issues that are really better resolved prior to marriage.
I would suggest that it's better for the woman to pray about it (first and foremost!) and to broach the subject gently with the man. The purpose is to explore the subject in a safe environment. At that point, if he shuts down the subject, she does well to walk away. It's more likely that his concerns will be brought to light, whether or not they are "legitimate". If nothing else, they can both be honest about their feelings and concerns. That alone is great preparation for being married.
In the Bible, the man would have been the one to propose to the woman. But that was culture, not religion. So it really doesn't matter either way![]()
I guess if I am dating someone the person in question would know that I would like to marry if he felt the same way, and then I would wait for him to take the initiative. For an impatient person, I can be very understanding. If the person I was to date was a man, then a man should know to take the initiative.
Yea he should xD. Giving men hints though doesn't hurt mainly before you start "dating" let's be honest guys can be pretty dumb sometimes we just dont know if you like us other times we just dont know how to approach you without looking like a player ig? Im trying to make excuses for men let me live.... Men sadly especially Christian men tend to be very awkward so marriage or not let him know what you want without telling him you women are good at that cx
Well. As I am not dating, it is all very hypothetical. To be honest I am not sure if my ex husband really proposed. We just agreed on going to a restaurant to get engaged. And, as he was a man of few words, he just gave me the box with the ring I had been at the jewlery's with him to buy.
For me personally I would prefare a guy to propose but I guess every1s different