Who wants to get married????

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Ruby123

Mar 1, 2019
Hey, I'm just speaking from experience. I WAS one who was always going places wondering if I was going to meet him there............ I cannot look back and say I truly remember enjoying much back then b/c it WAS a hindrance. Even christian events where I could've meet a lot of great people and made some good friends, and had opportunities to get closer to the Lord, but was to preoccupied with the "what-ifs" and "could they be....."
And for those who think they are "to old" or "past their prime":
I have a dear friend who is in his 70's. He was married many many many many years ago (she walked out with another man......foolish lady, this guy is a catch!) Well he recently meet a nice lady at a funeral of all places! He wasn't looking for a g/f or mate either. They just were introduced as both were standing talking with the deceased family and hit it off. Few weeks later they both asked the family to pass their information to the other and have been inseparable ever since.

I once knew a lady 70 plus who was an ex nun. Her mother gave birth to her at a very young age so she left her at the front door of a nun's convent. The nuns took her in and she grew up there becoming a nun herself looking after young girls who were homeless and pregnant. At the age of 70 she retired and had to leave the convent and venture out into the real world. The nuns helped her to find a house. God is good because the house that she ended up renting was next to an elderly widowed man. The two of them fell in love and married at 72. They had a few good years together but then he passed away. I was amazed when she told me her story.

Krumbeard

Apr 15, 2019
Hey, I'm just speaking from experience. I WAS one who was always going places wondering if I was going to meet him there............ I cannot look back and say I truly remember enjoying much back then b/c it WAS a hindrance. Even christian events where I could've meet a lot of great people and made some good friends, and had opportunities to get closer to the Lord, but was to preoccupied with the "what-ifs" and "could they be....."
I have a dear friend who is in his 70's. He was married many many many many years ago (she walked out with another man......foolish lady, this guy is a catch!) Well he recently meet a nice lady at a funeral of all places! He wasn't looking for a g/f or mate either. They just were introduced as both were standing talking with the deceased family and hit it off. Few weeks later they both asked the family to pass their information to the other and have been inseparable ever since.
God can put people together in a bazillion different ways.

I've heard lots of different stories of how people meet.

The guy that persists being rejected time and time again but he keeps at it...and gets the girl.

The random meeting.

In my case I was interested in someone for many years and went on dates here and there but she was never interested back. But if I wouldn't have pursued her I never would have met her friend who later became my wife.

So anyway.....

H

Hamarr

Yeah. I was thinking mostly along the lines of putting yourself out there, which it sounds ilke you were doing. Yes, you should enjoy the moment when you are there. I guess in my current position, it is more about getting out and finding those things that I enjoy where I could potentially meet someone, but no meeting someone wouldn't be my sole reason for doing it.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
No idea where everything just went. I'm not typing it out again.

But to sum up.

Fear would be something to stop me.

My own problems that need attention.

As for waiting.....I don't know. Maybe till I die, maybe it'll happen in the next year. Not just something that will happen with anybody.
I believe that the two main reasons that explain why a single person who would otherwise want an enduring relationship is still single is fear of rejection or fear of commitment.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I remember watching a Joel Osteen sermon on you tube and he told of a story of a woman who was praying to meet someone. She waited a long time and nothing happened so she took matters into her own hands but was unsuccessful. Finally she said to God ok I will wait for you to bring someone to me and if it never happens I will be ok with that. A few weeks later she was out driving and got a flat tyre. Long story short, the guy who stopped to help her change her tyre was a Christian and was also praying to meet someone. He got her number, they dated for a while, got married and now have a couple of children. She thanks God all the time for that flat tyre.
Good thing that she had a spare tire.

K

Kim82

Sure I'd love to get married, but this is what it comes down to:

I'm not interested in whoever happens to be interested in me, and on the other hand if I do come across someone I think I may be interested in, then that person is either not a Christian or not showing any signs of being interested in me.

I have this weird feeling that the real reason I'm single is because I don't believe in fornication, I don't show any cleavage or dress sexy, and I don't entertain flirting. I may be wrong but it's this weird feeling that I get.

I am also average looking. If I really, really, really work at it. I may be seen as pretty. But oh boy! Its frustrating! I can't be bothered.

I have yet to find a perfect foundation or lipstick that I'm comfortable with. Which is why I wear no make-up, which is why I like being natural. Which is why I like being me. Which is why I'm single.

But I'm not bitter or sad :D I'm happy :D Does anyone believe me?
images (1).jpeg

Aug 2, 2009
I want to get married.

....I also want a million dollars and a shiny red ferrari.

Socreta93

Jul 28, 2015
I see unnecessary drama when people are in a relationship. I would rather just have friends the rest of my life, maybe in about 5-10 years I would differ bt for now I just don't care. Maybe I'm just jaded who knows.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
I see unnecessary drama when people are in a relationship. I would rather just have friends the rest of my life, maybe in about 5-10 years I would differ bt for now I just don't care. Maybe I'm just jaded who knows.
Ya, we must feel good and Godly about ourselves before we can be ready to have faith for a good partner. A positive attitude goes a long way coupled w/prayers. God bless.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Anyone who decides to stay single at any point in their life, should not have to be on the defense about it. It's just nice to hear their perspective.
For anyone longing to be married, I think they should be proactive about it. Getting involved with Church functions, going to female & male Bible studies and even going to online dating sites. I would review the site first and be familiar w/it's processes. I wouldn't let anyone sway me against them because I know Church people who met their mates on them and are very happy. There may be some duds on, either sex, so always pray over everything, use wisdom and be aware.
I'd say to those who want so much to be married to of course ask God. He says 'How much more good things will He give us than our earthly fathers who were good'. Then get in the Word and study all the scriptures on being a Godly spouse. Tell the Lord each day thank you, you trust Him and for His perfect will to be done in your life.
My heart just went out to some of the members who are hoping for that wife/husband so I thought I'd crack open the subject for some insight.
To those who do want to get married pray, get involved in Church activities and believe in miracles. But DON'T be anxious just be out there with a positive attitude.
Your counsel to be pro-active in the search is right on target. Being passive just doesn't cut it. Of course, prayer to God for Him to search and find the one of their hearts desire is highly recommended along with, as you have said, getting in the Word and study scripture to prepare to be a Godly spouse.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I'm not sure I agree with the advice of waiting for God to bring someone to you. That sort of thing might work better when you are younger or are in college, but there are a lot of circumstances where that may not happen. Especially if you are past a certain age where you don't have a lot of options in your day to day interactions. I'm not saying necessarily to knock down doors to find someone, but putting yourself in spots where you can meet more people might be needed.
Exactly. Like another member has suggested, you will have a better chance of success if you are pro-active in the search process.

Juliet91m

May 27, 2019
I like to someday when the right one comes along. I would want my partner to believe in God just like me. That is hard to find. Especially in this generation. God bless you.

Humbleboi

Feb 17, 2019
I would like to get married ..I wish there is a lady here who would like to talk to me. Since I joined here I never talked to a lady or see a lady talk to me.

Humbleboi

Feb 17, 2019
I like to someday when the right one comes along. I would want my partner to believe in God just like me. That is hard to find. Especially in this generation. God bless you.
It is not hard to find Juliet19m. Like , am I hard to find? Thing is , you have never talked to me .

Humbleboi

Feb 17, 2019
I would like to meet a friend first and in time that grow leading to marriage. I am not in a hurry. I kind of grew up alone so I am a person who really needs my space. So far I have not met the right person.
Ruby123, can I be the friend you would like to meet? May be I am the right person. You said a few words but there is huge a meaning to it for me.

ChandlerFan

Jan 8, 2013
This topic brings to mind one of my aggravations.

I think one of my biggest aggravations is with married people looking at being single as a negative thing. My end goal in life isn't to be married and it's not going to be something I do to please other people.

It's sad to me how many people in my church, my family, and even strangers say "well one day you will find the one" when I haven't even brought up the conversation. I'd honestly like to respond, "life isn't about getting married", but I wouldn't.
This. 100% this.

It does seem to be a big thing in the church for sure. Marriage is viewed as THE destination. I see so many single people view it that way too as if life doesn't begin until they find a spouse.

And that really ties into my answer. This past year has been funny for me because I have always desired marriage, but I have begun to really see the blessings and upsides to life as a single person. I can go out and come home when I want to, I can have spontaneous hangouts with friends, I can work a full-time job and work at my church part-time, etc. In marriage some of those things wouldn't be possible, which isn't to say that marriage is a drag, it just means I would be giving up the joys of singleness for the joys of marriage. What is funny to me, though, is that it's easy to be kind of selfish with my time as a single person, and so I think if God ever does bring someone into my life, it is going to be a healthy exercise in sacrifice and unselfishness for me. It's a nice place to be since for the longest time I felt like I was ready to move heaven and earth to find "the one" and get married.

But yeah, life begins as soon as you see what is available to you out there, regardless of your marital status. I wish more people lived that way.

Mezame83

Mar 18, 2019
I wouldn't say i'm longing for it but yes i want to be married. I think loving God first and doing His will is what is most important and if He brings someone in my life then so be it. I gotta say though, i have reservations as a single mum, the guy would have to be someone really special for me to be willing to marry him and trust him with my children (who would have to be seen by him as his own). I guess everyone has their own story and reasons behind why or why not but like i said relationship with God is number one for me.

BrotherMike

Be Still and Know
Jan 8, 2018
I do... dating stinks (yeah, yeah, I know you have to date them to get to know them lol)! I will say take your sweet time getting to know that person. It's a covenant from God, not to be taken lightly. Fools rush in.