Why Are So Many Christians Still Single?

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
It's naive to believe in the possibility of a healthy marriage? I have plenty of family members and friends who are capable of modeling a healthy marriage.

Note that I didn't say "a perfect marriage." Perhaps you conflate the two, I don't know.
You also don't know that I don't envy, neither am I snooping around other people's private lives. Their marriage is their business, healthy or not. What does that have anything to do with you?
 
I loved reading this story about your sister, thanks for taking the time to post!

There's a fine line between "appearance shouldn't matter" -- and when it really does.

Your sister's situation was very much like one of my best friends -- she was an accountant at a prestigious firm that served businesses and wealthy clients.

We went shopping one day and went to the "business suit" section, telling me that her firm required employees to meet with an image consultant every 6 months, making sure everyone had an updated hairstyle, look (subtle but current makeup for women, etc.) and wardrobe.

The unfortunate truth is that people do indeed judge by appearance and a company wanting to sign a multi-million dollar account isn't going to do it with anyone who looks sloppy or outdated.

I'm sure dating is very much the same way. We know God looks at the heart, but we're still human, and we still get our first impressions by appearance.

One of the reasons I'm single is because I've fallen into a very "cozy and comfy" way of dressing due to a more relaxed work schedule (mainly joggers and t-shirts with my favorite animated characters,) so I can freely admit to being too lazy to attract someone.

Either that, or maybe I need to go to an anime convention to try to find a boyfriend... 😎

But I wouldn't be cosplaying, so even then, I'd still be considered under-dressed. 😂🎭


I'll be honest. I used to be pretty but I let myself go! I figured that I didn't have to try to presentable since I'm not looking to get married.

But I made the suggestion for others to try to make themselves presentable to create a "foot in the door" so to speak. I'm sure people here are wonderful, but they have to give other people the incentive to want to come to know that.

Besides, making yourself presentable is fun. Going shopping to put together the right outfit, finding a haircut and hairstyle to vastly improves your a appearance, putting on makeup in a hundred million ways that changes your look - all that takes creative and fun energy. I might want to go back to doing all that again just for that!


🕊️
 
In my viewpoint, both the man and the woman should be strong and work as a team. My favorite couple that I've always admired was Annie Oakley (a sharpshooter) and her husband Frank. According to the biography I read about her life, she learned to shoot well to provide for her family. To earn money for her family, she went to a shooting contest. Frank was there and he was great shot! But, Annie won. Was he a sore loser? No way! He was enamored! They married and were devoted to each other for the rest of their lives.

Two people working together. Both strong in their own way. My dad told me that a woman needs to be strong too (he didn't mean manly lol). A strong couple taking on life together. That's what I see as the ideal couple (and putting the Lord first, of course!).
 
  • Like
Reactions: Snackersmom
I'm convinced that marriage is neutral, it's only as good and healthy as the couple, I thought we've settled on this long ago.

And yet you think that all marriages involve unmanageable conflicts that make the whole enterprise pointless and worthless?
 
And yet you think that all marriages involve unmanageable conflicts that make the whole enterprise pointless and worthless?
Nope. Conniving, deceptive women, white knight pastors, MeToo culture and the overall unhealthy social environment make it pointless and worthless. It's like following a gourmet meal recipe with only spoiled and withered ingredients availabe.
 
Nope. Conniving, deceptive women, white knight pastors, MeToo culture and the overall unhealthy social environment make it pointless and worthless. It's like following a gourmet meal recipe with only spoiled and withered ingredients availabe.

So a happy and healthy marriage is completely impossible, is what you're saying.
 
So, we're just going to ignore that there are also toxic men?

I've seen DV against women right before my very eyes. I didn't have to watch a video. Why am I always seeing videos appearing on this site (in more than just this thread) of toxic women? From what I can tell, the red pill movement is toxic.
 
I'm saying marriage is only as happy and healthy as the couple. If not, then it's like following a gourmet meal recipe with only spoiled and withered ingredients

I know plenty of friends and family members who are in happy and healthy marriages.

Do you? If not, well, maybe that explains your outlook, I don't know.
 
I know plenty of friends and family members who are in happy and healthy marriages.

Do you? If not, well, maybe that explains your outlook, I don't know.
Their marriage is their business, happy or not, healthy or not. What does that have anything to do with you? Who are you to snoop around their private lives? "we hear that there are some who walk among you in a disorderly manner, not working at all, but are busybodies. "
 
Their marriage is their business, happy or not, healthy or not. What does that have anything to do with you? Who are you to snoop around their private lives?

Do you have close friends that make you a part of their lives, and vice versa?

No?

Believe it or not, it really can happen! Sounds crazy, but it's true! :ROFL:
 
So, we're just going to ignore that there are also toxic men?

I've seen DV against women right before my very eyes. I didn't have to watch a video. Why am I always seeing videos appearing on this site (in more than just this thread) of toxic women? From what I can tell, the red pill movement is toxic.
The red pill movement is just a logical reaction to the MeToo movement - which is a logical reation to the hookup and casual sex culture, to the "purity culture", to the sexual liberation movement.
 
What's also true is to respect others' private lives, keep your mind to yourself and leave them alone.

Believe it or not, it really can happen! Sounds crazy, but it's true!

I can't believe coming from the source here.....😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 ......that's the joke, right? Please tell me you're joking....... nobody on this site except scooterjackson butts into people's private lives more than you do lovette 😂😂😂😂😂
 
I can't believe coming from the source here.....😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 ......that's the joke, right? Please tell me you're joking....... nobody on this site except scooterjackson butts into people's private lives more than you do lovette 😂😂😂😂😂
I only respond to what you shared first, I never deliberately snoop or stalk around behind your back or anybody else's.
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Snackersmom