Why Are So Many Christians Still Single?

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
I don't think childbirth, when looked on from a purely visual perspective, is particularly beautiful, no matter how it's done. Spiritually and emotionally yes, but from a physical observation, probably not so much.

And I think any woman who's had a C-section (I've known several) will let you know that it was not, in fact, painless.

Let's cut your abdomen open, pull something out, and you can come back and tell us how painless your recovery was. (The Bible doesn't say the pain from childbirth couldn't be temporarily numbed -- and that's not an escape. The aftermath is still very painful.)

Case in point.

I've never been pregnant, and have never birthed or C-sectioned a child.

However, my appendix burst when I was younger -- they took it out -- and I can tell you, having your abdomen, or anything else sliced open for ANY reason is not a thoroughly painless procedure.

I honestly don't think you're as naive or sheltered as you seem to pretend to be, but it seems you like the attention, so maybe all the interaction you get here is helping you in some way.

Apparently you've never had surgery or been cut open for any reason, which is a blessing.

But I can't think of anyone in their right mind who wouldn't be able to understand why having the body cut open is most definitely not painless.

I was birthed via C-section due to medical reasons. My mother said that while she felt like she was dying (due to the pain), I was the one who was in danger of dying.
I'm thankful for C-sections. I'm alive today.

I've never given birth either.
I also haven't had an appendix removed, but I've no doubt both are abundantly painful.
 
So you approve of natural births, but not the times when a C-section might be required?

(I do agree that it seems sometimes C-sections might be performed too hastily, but I don't see childbirth, however it happens, as being any less beautiful or miraculous from God.)
C section is needed when there is danger for baby life or mom life.

Eve was born of cut section too. God see it as good.
 
That is just the sad truth. You can sanitize it as "beautiful", but real childbirth is not for the faith of heart.

Look, if "curse" is incorrect, which I admit, call it fate then. The difference is though, man's fate cannot be avoided, all men have to work and die; woman's can if one chooses to not get married and have kids.

You are a man, lol, what do you know about it!!

Please...... child bearing and childbirth is natural and normal, climbing Mt. Everest is not for the faint of heart.
 
I was birthed via C-section due to medical reasons. My mother said that while she felt like she was dying (due to the pain), I was the one who was in danger of dying.
I'm thankful for C-sections. I'm alive today.

I've never given birth either.
I also haven't had an appendix removed, but I've no doubt both are abundantly painful.


And we are VERY happy that you're here today. 🥰


I have a good friend whose mother had a large family all by natural birth, so of course she thought she'd have no problems.

She read all the books, did all the exercises, made all the preparations she could for a natural birth.

There was a complication... And eventually, she had to have all her kids by C-section.

I'm very thankful for good medical care that was able to enable both her and all her kids to made it through just fine. 🥰
 
Lol...

Sorry, I'm getting so distracted by all this talk of childbirth and C-sections, I'd forgotten what the actual topic of the thread was!! 😂

I'm listening to a gaming reviewer talk about all the hot gaming products that are coming out this holiday season.

"Back in the day," gaming kind of used to be my relationship love languages. I didn't play games, but I'd buy gaming merch for the guy I was seeing for Christmas, etc.

There was one year this big gaming console was coming out (I can't remember if it was the PlayStation or the X-Box?) and I got it as a surprise for my then-husband. I'd saved all my allowances... bought it on pre-order... snuck it into the house when he was working...

And was so excited about it that I had to give it to him like the next day (I was too excited to wait until Christmas!) I'll never forget his reaction.

And I wonder if his girlfriend ever bought him a gaming console. HUMPH!! (Lol, sorry, I digress...)

But I wound up buying some other gaming console for another guy I liked another year -- so hearing about the gaming launches is kind of nostalgic for me.

It's a really GOOD thing I'm not seeing anyone right now though!!! It's unbelievable how expensive everything in gaming has gotten!!! I do miss the rush of surprising someone like that. But now it would take me like 3 years to save up!!

So maybe the reason I'm single -- is because I can't afford to buy anyone a PlayStation 5!!! 🤣🤣🤣
 
That's the advantage for women in this era. A man can't circumvent his curse, a woman can circumvent hers.

Single women have to earn a living as well, there is no "Official Dole of Funds Just For Being Female" 🙄🙄🙄

Guarantee you I deal with more thorns, sweat and briars than you do, son. 🙄🙄🙄
 
  • Haha
Reactions: seoulsearch
Lol...

Sorry, I'm getting so distracted by all this talk of childbirth and C-sections, I'd forgotten what the actual topic of the thread was!! 😂

I'm listening to a gaming reviewer talk about all the hot gaming products that are coming out this holiday season.

"Back in the day," gaming kind of used to be my relationship love languages. I didn't play games, but I'd buy gaming merch for the guy I was seeing for Christmas, etc.

There was one year this big gaming console was coming out (I can't remember if it was the PlayStation or the X-Box?) and I got it as a surprise for my then-husband. I'd saved all my allowances... bought it on pre-order... snuck it into the house when he was working...

And was so excited about it that I had to give it to him like the next day (I was too excited to wait until Christmas!) I'll never forget his reaction.

And I wonder if his girlfriend ever bought him a gaming console. HUMPH!! (Lol, sorry, I digress...)

But I wound up buying some other gaming console for another guy I liked another year -- so hearing about the gaming launches is kind of nostalgic for me.

It's a really GOOD thing I'm not seeing anyone right now though!!! It's unbelievable how expensive everything in gaming has gotten!!! I do miss the rush of surprising someone like that. But now it would take me like 3 years to save up!!

So maybe the reason I'm single -- is because I can't afford to buy anyone a PlayStation 5!!! 🤣🤣🤣

As a gamer, I sympathize. The better gaming gets, the more expensive it becomes. Predictable, yet annoying.

I find it amusing when Christian singles or Christian young adults are stereotyped as lazy "gamers" who spend too much time playing video games and thus remain single. Maybe that was true when these games were cheaper.

On a somewhat related note, I was reading a Christian book about singleness/dating/marriage that said that, by the time the average guy turns 21, he's spent 10,000 hours playing video games. It takes about half that to earn a bachelor's degree.

But maybe the increasing costs of gaming will fix that. 😂
 
  • Haha
Reactions: seoulsearch
Lol...

Sorry, I'm getting so distracted by all this talk of childbirth and C-sections, I'd forgotten what the actual topic of the thread was!! 😂

I'm listening to a gaming reviewer talk about all the hot gaming products that are coming out this holiday season.

"Back in the day," gaming kind of used to be my relationship love languages. I didn't play games, but I'd buy gaming merch for the guy I was seeing for Christmas, etc.

There was one year this big gaming console was coming out (I can't remember if it was the PlayStation or the X-Box?) and I got it as a surprise for my then-husband. I'd saved all my allowances... bought it on pre-order... snuck it into the house when he was working...

And was so excited about it that I had to give it to him like the next day (I was too excited to wait until Christmas!) I'll never forget his reaction.

And I wonder if his girlfriend ever bought him a gaming console. HUMPH!! (Lol, sorry, I digress...)

But I wound up buying some other gaming console for another guy I liked another year -- so hearing about the gaming launches is kind of nostalgic for me.

It's a really GOOD thing I'm not seeing anyone right now though!!! It's unbelievable how expensive everything in gaming has gotten!!! I do miss the rush of surprising someone like that. But now it would take me like 3 years to save up!!

So maybe the reason I'm single -- is because I can't afford to buy anyone a PlayStation 5!!! 🤣🤣🤣
So you are very big on gifting. Sweet.

I am very big on servicing. To cook, to clean, to fix, to work and provide...

A giver is more blessed than a taker.
 
  • Love
Reactions: seoulsearch
So you are very big on gifting. Sweet.

I am very big on servicing. To cook, to clean, to fix, to work and provide...

A giver is more blessed than a taker.

I was very blessed in that God put me in a circle of people who love to serve more than they like having someone serve them.

I can't claim to be nearly as self-sacrificing as they are, but giving gifts is definitely one of my love languages. I miss having someone to dote on a bit.

Service (cooking, cleaning, fixing, and working) is a WONDERFUL way to show others love!!! May God bless you richly for that.

I can openly admit to being a bit lazy -- sometimes I'm short on time, energy, and ambition -- so a gift can sometimes be a shortcut to showing love!! 😁

(But I'm always happy to do my part -- washing dishes is a major love language I like giving to others -- as long as someone else cooks!) 😎
 
I was very blessed in that God put me in a circle of people who love to serve more than they like having someone serve them.

I can't claim to be nearly as self-sacrificing as they are, but giving gifts is definitely one of my love languages. I miss having someone to dote on a bit.

Service (cooking, cleaning, fixing, and working) is a WONDERFUL way to show others love!!! May God bless you richly for that.

I can openly admit to being a bit lazy -- sometimes I'm short on time, energy, and ambition -- so a gift can sometimes be a shortcut to showing love!! 😁

(But I'm always happy to do my part -- washing dishes is a major love language I like giving to others -- as long as someone else cooks!) 😎
Oh I don't like to do it alone, I like it in team work. A lot of fun when labor together.
 
  • Love
Reactions: seoulsearch
As a gamer, I sympathize. The better gaming gets, the more expensive it becomes. Predictable, yet annoying.

I find it amusing when Christian singles or Christian young adults are stereotyped as lazy "gamers" who spend too much time playing video games and thus remain single. Maybe that was true when these games were cheaper.

On a somewhat related note, I was reading a Christian book about singleness/dating/marriage that said that, by the time the average guy turns 21, he's spent 10,000 hours playing video games. It takes about half that to earn a bachelor's degree.

But maybe the increasing costs of gaming will fix that. 😂

I might not be a gamer, but I've been around them all my life.

It's dismaying to hear how much a relaxing hobby for some is really pricing most people out.

I regularly listen to some gaming reviewers because they're so funny, and have a good grasp of what's happening in pop culture. From the language they use, I don't think most are Christians, but what I like is that the gaming community seems to have actually had some success in pushing back against woke agendas.

You know it's bad if even the non-Christians are complaining about it the loudest!!

While I'm not sure it's good to go back to the scantily-clad female characters of yore either, I'm happy to hear of any small win that gamers have against the alphabet mafia. :D
 
I might not be a gamer, but I've been around them all my life.

It's dismaying to hear how much a relaxing hobby for some is really pricing most people out.

I regularly listen to some gaming reviewers because they're so funny, and have a good grasp of what's happening in pop culture. From the language they use, I don't think most are Christians, but what I like is that the gaming community seems to have actually had some success in pushing back against woke agendas.

You know it's bad if even the non-Christians are complaining about it the loudest!!

While I'm not sure it's good to go back to the scantily-clad female characters of yore either, I'm happy to hear of any small win that gamers have against the alphabet mafia. :D

You mentioned gaming reviewers. A bit off-topic, but are you familiar with Honest Game Trailers?
 
  • Love
Reactions: seoulsearch
You mentioned gaming reviewers. A bit off-topic, but are you familiar with Honest Game Trailers?

Yes!!

I have seen some of their videos, as well as the movie trailer version.

The reviewers I listen to (for both gaming, movies, and general pop culture) are:

The Critical Drinker
Nerdrotic
Vito

I can't endorse any of them because of the language they use, but man, do they ever articulate everything I think most of us feel about pop culture right now. And they do so in an intelligent (and I think fair, manner.) I also think they treat both genders fairly (even if it means insulting both men and women equally when warranted, lol.) Drinker and Nerdrotic also usually include both genders in their discussion panels.

I also really like The Real Life Fake Wizard.

I haven't heard him say specifically that he's a Christian, but he's the only one I've heard that brings up topics like horror movies always fighting off some evil entity -- but they never mention Jesus or God. No one else in the space talks about this.

And he did an entire video of how the upcoming adaptation of Narnia is completely removing Christ (by changing Aslan) from the story. He does so in a very factual way that doesn't come across as preachy or "religious" -- just a fact-based report of how stories beloved for generations are being stripped of everything they stood for. For instance, Aslan is going to be voiced by a woman.

Thanks so much for asking!

Do you have any recommendations? :)
 
Yes!!

I have seen some of their videos, as well as the movie trailer version.

The reviewers I listen to (for both gaming, movies, and general pop culture) are:

The Critical Drinker
Nerdrotic
Vito

I can't endorse any of them because of the language they use, but man, do they ever articulate everything I think most of us feel about pop culture right now. And they do so in an intelligent (and I think fair, manner.) I also think they treat both genders fairly (even if it means insulting both men and women equally when warranted, lol.) Drinker and Nerdrotic also usually include both genders in their discussion panels.

I also really like The Real Life Fake Wizard.

I haven't heard him say specifically that he's a Christian, but he's the only one I've heard that brings up topics like horror movies always fighting off some evil entity -- but they never mention Jesus or God. No one else in the space talks about this.

And he did an entire video of how the upcoming adaptation of Narnia is completely removing Christ (by changing Aslan) from the story. He does so in a very factual way that doesn't come across as preachy or "religious" -- just a fact-based report of how stories beloved for generations are being stripped of everything they stood for. For instance, Aslan is going to be voiced by a woman.

Thanks so much for asking!

Do you have any recommendations? :)

Oh, cool, haha. Actually, I think Honest Game Trailers is the only "gaming channel" I really follow.

I also loved Conan O'Brien's Clueless Gamer series when he still had his late-night show.
 
  • Like
Reactions: seoulsearch