Hi Rod,, It's confusing because you are thinking like a man, lol..... stop and try to think like a woman for a sec.
We are physically weaker than most of yall, so it takes longer to build trust. Picking up a stalker is no joke, and some guys get really possessive really fast. If he's not patient enough to get to know me through friendship then he's not patient enough to handle me for the long haul.
Women are generally choosier about who we from attachments with because submitting to the decisions of another human is no small matter: we won't date just anybody because we wouldn't marry just anybody. Guys often seem pretty content with "she's cute enough, ,she's nice enough, let's get married". But women need SO much more..... and it takes time to assess all that There are downsides to applying for a leadership position (which is what men are actually doing when they date a girl seriously), and one of those downsides is that leadership positions are always held to a higher standard. Rightly so....
Anyways..... I wasn't trying to imply that men should feel obligated to remain friends with a woman who has rejected him. And maybe female friendship is a bad idea for most guys, if so I respect that. I just know that I personally have never dated a guy without getting to know him first through friendship, and I don't see that ever changing