Why Are So Many Christians Still Single?

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
I do take time to get to know them. "Friend" is just their way of justifying a rejection without making themselves feel bad. That's all it's ever been.
From a woman perspective, not necessarily.
Depends on age.
Maybe younger people yes, friends means rejection.

But for older people, no one is rushing to settle down. Also life style is already developed and matured. Regular friendship is a good process to develop into anything. If older people rush into serious dating and marriage, I think it is too risky.
 
I do take time to get to know them. "Friend" is just their way of justifying a rejection without making themselves feel bad. That's all it's ever been.

Hi Dustin, from a female perspective, "friend" is our way of saying that we genuinely like a guy but don't feel that marrying him would be the right thing to do. In a woman's eyes it's a high compliment ("I value you beyond any romantic possibility").

However, some men do not see it the same way. As a man, can you clue us in on a better way to tell a guy that we like him but do not think it would be right to marry him?
 
  • Heart
Reactions: tourist
Hi Dustin, from a female perspective, "friend" is our way of saying that we genuinely like a guy but don't feel that marrying him would be the right thing to do. In a woman's eyes it's a high compliment ("I value you beyond any romantic possibility").

However, some men do not see it the same way. As a man, can you clue us in on a better way to tell a guy that we like him but do not think it would be right to marry him?
No, I cannot. If we're interested in you, it's really a very binary thing, either you are too, and we start something, or we really don't speak much anymore. If we have expressed interest and asked you out on a date, and you are not interested, we're really not going to put any effort into speaking to you anymore.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Churchgoer
No, I cannot. If we're interested in you, it's really a very binary thing, either you are too, and we start something, or we really don't speak much anymore. If we have expressed interest and asked you out on a date, and you are not interested, we're really not going to put any effort into speaking to you anymore.
This i kind of agree.
But go out on dates still mean regular friendship, it does not mean cuddling, holding hands..... which I think should be very serious dating stage, as if considering marriage.

I don't understand older people want cuddling at early stage of dating.
 
In my case... any woman I get interested in only wants me as a friend. Any woman interested in me, typically has kids, and I'm looking for someone who saved themselves.
The older that you get the least likely you will find an age-appropriate woman who is a virgin. Why not choose instead a woman who has a pure heart? Have you 'saved' yourself as well?

I understand about the kids too. It's called baggage. It's not so bad if you think about it. I have experience in such matters. Comes with the territory.

Glad to have you onboard with us. Welcome to CC.
 
  • Heart
Reactions: Churchgoer
Yeah, some go all in.
That's the part I can't get involved.
if the man doesn't give time to know each other as if church brother sister, then that means the man wants to rush into something, probably security...? But he should build his security on God, not on another person.
 
Maybe, maybe not. :)
If both very attractive to each other, yes maybe.

But non attractive in long run can still develop into marriage with solid foundations. So for non attractive people, it takes longer in friend zone.

I have observed people rush into marriage usually need some side benefits, I am not against all the side benefits. Yes marriage should bring in many side benefits.

However for single people already have side benefits blessed by God, they usually take a long time to settle, or just stay single.
 
  • Heart
Reactions: tourist
The older that you get the least likely you will find an age-appropriate woman who is a virgin. Why not choose instead a woman who has a pure heart? Have you 'saved' yourself as well?

I understand about the kids too. It's called baggage. It's not so bad if you think about it. I have experience in such matters. Comes with the territory.

Glad to have you onboard with us. Welcome to CC.
Yes, I HAVE saved myself.
 
No, I cannot. If we're interested in you, it's really a very binary thing, either you are too, and we start something, or we really don't speak much anymore. If we have expressed interest and asked you out on a date, and you are not interested, we're really not going to put any effort into speaking to you anymore.

It might be binary for men but not so much for women. If a woman requests to be friends she might just be saying that she wants more time to get to know you without the pressure of a serious relationship.

Plus, women tend to value men's input and presence, so simply spending time with a man we value is not considered a waste of time. But it's rare to find a man who feels the same way about women: its just as you described if she doesn't want to date him then he doesn't want to waste time on her.

But what I'm asking is..... how SHOULD a woman tell a man that she values his presence but does not want to date him? You've expressed your displeasure with "let's be friends", but what would you want the lady to say instead? Just a flat "No, not interested?"

I promise I'm not being sarcastic here, I find this topic a bit puzzling and I want to understand the male perspective better. Is it taken as insulting if a woman implies that you might be willing to talk to her even if she doesn't want to date you?