Why aren't the words " believe, believer, and believing " in italics in the English translation of scripture?

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
The threat is about a calicizing the word believe but if it was never there now I never checked into it . The only Italian word that bothers me is the word men in John 12:31 and 32 can you put to the italic word NEn for Judgment!
I am not sure what "calicizing" means, or why you call the English word "men" an Italian word. John 12:31-32 says:

NKJV Jhn 12:31 Now is the judgment of this world; now the ruler of this world will be cast out.
Jhn 12:32 And I, if I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all peoples to Myself."

The word "peoples" in the NKJV ("men" in the KJV) is put in italics because there is no Greek word for people/men in the original. The italics show that the word was inserted by the men who translated the Bible in order to make sense in English.
 
I am not sure what "calicizing" means, or why you call the English word "men" an Italian word. John 12:31-32 says:

NKJV Jhn 12:31 Now is the judgment of this world; now the ruler of this world will be cast out.
Jhn 12:32 And I, if I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all peoples to Myself."

The word "peoples" in the NKJV ("men" in the KJV) is put in italics because there is no Greek word for people/men in the original. The italics show that the word was inserted by the men who translated the Bible in order to make sense in English.
Italic from what the thread is about italic words are to remind the reader what the subject was in the paragraph orig some use it another way but that's the main thing I meant to read all what you wrote here because off bat i said thread and not tyoo came up so but what I was saying in John 12:31 and 32 they're saying Jesus said men and that's italic Word and it's useless like I said There To Remind the reader what the subject was in that case it was judgment and Not MEn
 
Aman is a pillar in me
sorry im cant let u free but someday i know! and i Don't believe you will. I know you'll figure it out Dave I don't know how you were baptized but I would start there baptized in the name of Jesus alone it's a whole different it's not just believes as a holy spirit it's knowing there's always spirit that actually lives inside . I don't I don't smell the aroma that can Not duplicated. And I know unless you've been paying attention to other threads of mine he may not understand what that means
After I was converted, through God's grace, I wqas baptised by immersion, in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, as Jesus said:

Mat 28:19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

I believe that the Holy Spirit lives inside me.
 
Italic from what the thread is about italic words are to remind the reader what the subject was in the paragraph orig some use it another way but that's the main thing I meant to read all what you wrote here because off bat i said thread and not tyoo came up so but what I was saying in John 12:31 and 32 they're saying Jesus said men and that's italic Word and it's useless like I said There To Remind the reader what the subject was in that case it was judgment and Not MEn
Thanks for explaining that you meant italic, not Italian.
 
Italic from what the thread is about italic words are to remind the reader what the subject was in the paragraph orig some use it another way but that's the main thing I meant to read all what you wrote here because off bat i said thread and not tyoo came up so but what I was saying in John 12:31 and 32 they're saying Jesus said men and that's italic Word and it's useless like I said There To Remind the reader what the subject was in that case it was judgment and Not MEn
If I had to be the judge of just that one scripture I would have to say they' it makes Jesus look like he's lying but that's not what he said that's the same thing people are doing on a site here they twist things around throw a bunch of scripture anybody can throw scripture after and I don't even have to know God the devil can do it Metallica can do it nowadays post scripture texts nothing especially when it's Not anointed anointed scripture is everything can you smell the smell
 
After I was converted, through God's grace, I wqas baptised by immersion, in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, as Jesus said:

Mat 28:19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

I believe that the Holy Spirit lives inside me.
Well what is The name Of The Father Son Holy Spiri???tWhen you figure that out then you'll know you Need to go back in you'll have to really show your Faith now what is the best thing it's worth it all when you give it all
 
Well what is The name Of The Father Son Holy Spiri???tWhen you figure that out then you'll know you Need to go back in you'll have to really show your Faith now what is the best thing it's worth it all when you give it all
God the Father told Moses His name. "I AM." As far as I know, the Holy Spirit isn't given a name in the Bible. He is described as the Comforter, the Counsellor, and the Advocate. But they are titles rather than names.
 
Thanks for explaining that you meant italic, not Italian.
If you stick to this with Paul and see what is going on right now if I need people who believed and were baptized but they never heard of the Holy Spirit baptism so Paul explains and you see once they understood they went and got baptized after believing so you figured now they know right but this step of in Jesus name alone is the most powerful in the Holy Spirit only moves out Jesus name fir Ge Is Lord God if I had to baptize you, I posted it once before to another but can be saud in a few way. I baptize you with the Holy Spirit In The Name of Jesus the name all heaven triumph in etc. but it's like God ourselves giving full authority to him ,I know it's hard to understand but that's how it is .enjoy this I know it
Acts 19:1–6, the Apostle Paul arrives in Ephesus and meets some disciples. He asks them a direct question: "Did you receive the Holy Spirit when you believed?"
  • The Missing Piece: They replied that they hadn't even heard there was a Holy Spirit. Paul asks what baptism they received, and they say John’s baptism (a baptism of repentance).
  • The Name of Jesus: Paul explains that John told people to believe in the one coming after him—Jesus.
  • The Immediate Result: The text says, "On hearing this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus." Immediately after, Paul laid his hands on them, and the Holy Spirit came upon them powerfully.
Maybe seek out the laying of the hands? that could be the looloophole but I'm not a gambler anymore go Jesus all the way water and fire
 
God the Father told Moses His name. "I AM." As far as I know, the Holy Spirit isn't given a name in the Bible. He is described as the Comforter, the Counsellor, and the Advocate. But they are titles rather than names.
I just started reading and stopped and I can see excuse you need to figure out the gospel better everybody seems to skip the water and most of all they don't know to get the fire.
 
I am not sure what "calicizing" means, or why you call the English word "men" an Italian word. John 12:31-32 says:

NKJV Jhn 12:31 Now is the judgment of this world; now the ruler of this world will be cast out.
Jhn 12:32 And I, if I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all peoples to Myself."

The word "peoples" in the NKJV ("men" in the KJV) is put in italics because there is no Greek word for people/men in the original. The italics show that the word was inserted by the men who translated the Bible in order to make sense in English.
That part is absolutely wrong read the whole passage or start with Today Judgment there's nothing about men just judgment and then you'll notice too Jesus says for judgment he has come another scripture I don't know where I just know it's there like I said I don't have a book but I have one written inside me I want it needs to come out it comes out
 
I just started reading and stopped and I can see excuse you need to figure out the gospel better everybody seems to skip the water and most of all they don't know to get the fire.
What do you mean? I was answering your post where you asked about the name of God the Father and the Holy Spirit. I answered by saying that God the Father told Moses His name, and the Holy Spirit is not given a name in the Bible. How is that skipping the water? Neither God the Father nor the Holy Spirit has the name "Water". And what does "getting the fire" have to do with names?
 
That part is absolutely wrong read the whole passage or start with Today Judgment there's nothing about men just judgment and then you'll notice too Jesus says for judgment he has come another scripture I don't know where I just know it's there like I said I don't have a book but I have one written inside me I want it needs to come out it comes out
When I got the holy I had a few ssupernatural acknowledgments off the bat I won't share it because I can't 100% say if I was entertaining Angels or the Lord Himself or both . I was grounded deep . I was even involved in live vision s I can give you an example only about angels see me and you were playing a chess game and there was a few angels in the room well the angels are looking over trying to figure out what we are doing because really they don't know it doesn't mean they can't know it's just that they don't it's the deal to be accusers or what have you they only see Jesus in US but a lot of time they see that we're just idle so they two are idle but within this vision the Lord was pacing himself back and forth and when I realized that I took the chess board and I threw iup into the air and every angel that was idle stood at attention the Lord and the Angels were waiting for us to speak the and the anointing you believe or not but I am myself know it be on anything . And we haven't even got to that part yet we are be Messengers with power not some morning little look Holly boys girls it's about Authority and the Grantor with the Authority he is faithful All I do is speak and do it to his glory . . That's why I think about things differently than a lot of people like Jesus blood in the Earth there's something there to move greater than mountain and yes I had a big hill moved and pitch Black night I didn't ask for it to be moved it was like I don't have the strength I needed to be gone I didn't realize it was gone until after I was long past I actually had to go back the next day to see if it was still there and it was it was good so I didn't have to climb it only I was with another that was not a believer but we got to see a lot of stuff in that push black night that I know to this day he never forgot and this song happened cuz a bunch of chain reaction well we were stranded miles away from our destination I was in another country not my own . And I won't talk about time I forget how many hours it should have been and our travel on foot was shortened in time sort of like Jesus walking on the water I don't know why I'm even playing this up for anybody to read but many don't think anything like this happens and I'm just telling you about time I was stranded and we didn't have to take the trip we could have stayed in that town but the other person was worrying that others would worry . And what do you know everybody said why don't you just stay where but I'm glad we did it there's so much of that story I didn't say