Why Come Here?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Katia

Aug 29, 2021
PDX
It’s certainly not my box.

But it definitely qualifies as heresy to say that Jesus is not God.

Emmanuel= GOD WITH US.
You've got cheek in assuming that you can say what is right or wrong for everyone.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
Chapter 1
God
אֱלֹהִ֑ים (’ĕ·lō·hîm)
Noun - masculine plural
Strong's Hebrew 430: 1) (plural) 1a) rulers, judges 1b) divine ones 1c) angels 1d) gods 2) (plural intensive-singular meaning) 2a) god, goddess 2b) godlike one 2c) works or special possessions of God 2d) the (true) God 2e) God

Chapter 2

the LORD
יְהוָ֤ה (Yah·weh)
Noun - proper - masculine singular
Strong's Hebrew 3068: Jehovah = 'the existing One' 1) the proper name of the one true God 1a) unpronounced except with the vowel pointings of H0136

God
אֱלֹהִים֙ (’ĕ·lō·hîm)
Noun - masculine plural
Strong's Hebrew 430: 1) (plural) 1a) rulers, judges 1b) divine ones 1c) angels 1d) gods 2) (plural intensive-singular meaning) 2a) god, goddess 2b) godlike one 2c) works or special possessions of God 2d) the (true) God 2e) God

Why if there is no difference between Yahweh (Translated Lord) and God (translated elohim) do they show separation? From what I have deduced it’s because there is a distinction.

Glad you recognize that Jesus is God the Creator:

Colossians 1:15-18
New King James Version
15 He is (A)the image of the invisible God, (B)the firstborn over all creation. 16 For (C)by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or (D)dominions or [a]principalities or powers. All things were created (E)through Him and for Him. 17 (F)And He is before all things, and in Him (G)all things consist. 18 And (H)He is the head of the body, the church, who is the beginning, (I)the firstborn from the dead, that in all things He may have the preeminence.

Nov 26, 2012
Glad you recognize that Jesus is God the Creator:

Colossians 1:15-18
New King James Version
15 He is (A)the image of the invisible God, (B)the firstborn over all creation. 16 For (C)by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or (D)dominions or [a]principalities or powers. All things were created (E)through Him and for Him. 17 (F)And He is before all things, and in Him (G)all things consist. 18 And (H)He is the head of the body, the church, who is the beginning, (I)the firstborn from the dead, that in all things He may have the preeminence.
I’m curious, when do you think the Word took human form?

Gardenias

Oct 27, 2020
U.S.A.
@Katia ,
I'm so sorry that life has not been kind and loving to you.
I feel.your confusion about the upheaval your life has become without good nurturing.
I'm speaking from the things I've read you've written.
Changing who we are outside doesn't calm the storm inside.
Sometimes things we do,we cannot come back from but God sees the heart.
You are searching for peace, I can see in the multiple religions you've studied or partnered with a desire to be found and validated.
Please note that we are created in the image of God and we are his only creation that is.
You will never have answers nor peace until you wholey accept God the Father,Jesus the Son and our Saviour and the Holy Spirit our comforter,teacher and guide!
Here at cc you will only find condemnation and judgment and I'm so sorry for that.
I think a true believer psychologist or counselor would cause you less stress.
Just as you are seeking he is seeking you also for he said I stand at the door and knock if any open I will come in.......
May you find that path to a place of peace and comfort with Jesus who is God!

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Why can’t Christ be not Jehovah. Here is what I’m saying. Theos means god. We call Jehovah Theos. It is a name. John didn’t say Jesus is Jehovah. He said Jesus is a theos, not Theos. There is just too much evidence that they are separate. It is the church hammering monotheism into Christianity. There is one Self Existent God, Jehovah, Theos. Every other heavenly being is elohim or theos, gods by definition. We are the intellectual property of Jehovah. He created us with His Son our Lord. Let us make man in Our image and after Our likeness. Angels are also elohim and theos. They just aren’t the Son of Jehovah.
Scripture calls angels sons of God. But they were not conceived within a woman by the Holy Spirit of God and then birthed into the world for the purpose of fulfilling hundreds of prophesies concerning them and giving their life as a ransom for many so that those who believe by grace through faith may be reconciled to God. One third of the angels rebelled against God and followed Satan.

Nor is it said of them that they possess “All the fullness of the Godhead.” The Bible does not say they created everything, or that they sustain everything, or that everything was made by and for them. They did not carry out God's redemptive plan for humanity with the shedding of their blood for the payment of sin.

Ok, that thread is not much different than this one. I still don’t know why anyone argues about this point. It should be abundantly obvious. If Jesus is Jehovah then why is He in two places, praying to Himself? It’s not a theological debate, it’s a math problem. 1+1=2. In the beginning there was two, Jehovah and the Logos both are divine (got it right this time). The Father and the Son, two. Never did I claim that Christ existed only from His human birth. He existed separate with the Father as individuals, like the Bible says. What would really clear up this literary disaster is if He was never named Theos. In Greek. Then every time the word pops up it doesn’t confuse people.
Jesus claimed He said and did everything for our benefit. A person having more than one title does make them separate individuals, but rather is indicative of separate functions and/or relationships with others. You have left the Holy Spirit of God out of your math equation. If you have carefully examined the many many verses given to support saying Jesus is God, why would you contest it? Jesus shared in God's glory before He came to earth. God does not share His glory. Jesus is said to be many things which Scripture explicitly ascribes solely to God, and the first chapter of John makes clear they are one and the same, just as Jesus said they were.

Hungry... many people struggle with this concept, and I have some understanding of the confusion around it. Why labor over it? Be still and allow God's Word to speak to you, laying aside your preconceived ideas as much as possible. Take a good look at the verses given in the previously linked thread. God may be no respecter of persons, but I think you are a pretty decent person and I would hate to see you lose your membership here because as has been already stated, denying the doctrine of the Divinity of Christ is the number one theological reason for being banned. One last thing to consider: Jesus said that if people did not know Who He was, they would die in their sins. I started this post to you this morning and see it still sitting here LOL. Toodles for now :)

Katia

Aug 29, 2021
PDX
God and Jesus are my anchor.
Thank you. I have given up on Church and see a counselor as often as I can afford it. Much peace. Gwen

MatthewWestfieldUK

May 13, 2021
Thank you. I have given up on Church and see a counselor as often as I can afford it. Much peace. Gwen
Counselling is expensive in the uk. I tried but can't afford it

justbyfaith

Sep 16, 2021
I don't know why this is but I do not have any kind of problem with the people who go to my church.

Church people can be judgmental, I suppose...

But if you are living a life that is pleasing to the Lord you don't have to fear the judgment of church people very much.

I will pray for you that you will find a good church home and get plugged in.

After all, it is written,

Heb 10:24, And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:
Heb 10:25, Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

Katia

Aug 29, 2021
PDX
I don't know why this is but I do not have any kind of problem with the people who go to my church.

But if you are living a life that is pleasing to the Lord you don't have to fear the judgment of church people very much.

Heb 10:24, And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:
Heb 10:25, Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.
Thank you. Much to my astonishment, Portland, where I live has more Strip Clubs per capita than anywhere in America. Churches die on the vine here. I have been attending the Mormon Church to take communion and pray, but they just can not let it alone and constantly pressure me to get re Baptized and all that. It got really tiresome. I don't have a car and doubt that I'll get one. I've got an eye exam coming up to see if I can keep my License.

I am a rigid introvert and it is hard to get out of my shell. Go ahead, pray. I hope that will work out.

Gwen

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
I was ignorant when I came here. I wanted to study scripture calmly and in love and never dreamed that denominational Christians would lash out at me with such vehemence. There has been enough of that in my life and that is put away. There are hateful things that could be said about any group I've ever encountered. It feels awful to put people on ignore because what they say is offensive because someday they might say something of value. Some shout what they know because that is the way they learned it from the pulpit. Some of us have experienced so much hate and violence that Suicide "for me" once seemed the only choice. I'm not there now. I plead the blood of Jesus the Christ as my covering.

Perhaps I am not tough enough to remain here?
Katia,

When Paul quoted God when He said, "My Grace is sufficient for you," He was referring to the lifting of the Curse. When we have been freed of the Curse of the Lord, we have literally been given all things important. This Grace is more important than food, water, and oxygen. In our death, we are whole and complete. In our sufferings, such as "thorns in the flesh," if we have been Purified of the Sinful Nature, we will receive Eternal Life.

And I assure you of this: those unregenerates who harass you . . . these people have not been relieved of the Curse of the Lord, thus they are not a reflection of Christ. So here is what I want you to do: learn Colossians 2:9-15 in both the KJV and NLT translations, and your entire life will begin to change, for you will finally be shown the path to understanding the True Gospel of Jesus Christ. To Understand the Gospel, we must Understand the Purpose of Christ, the Work of Christ, and the Effect of Christ. The Bible contains all of these answers . . . and they are given to those who ask, seek, and knock.

I believe in you.

Colossians 2:9-15 NLT - "For in Christ lives all the fullness of God in a human body. So you also are complete through your union with Christ, who is the head over every ruler and authority. When you came to Christ, you were "circumcised," but not by a physical procedure. Christ performed a spiritual circumcision--the cutting away of your sinful nature. For you were buried with Christ when you were baptized. And with him you were raised to new life because you trusted the mighty power of God, who raised Christ from the dead. You were dead because of your sins and because your sinful nature was not yet cut away. Then God made you alive with Christ, for he forgave all our sins. He canceled the record of the charges against us and took it away by nailing it to the cross. In this way, he disarmed the spiritual rulers and authorities. He shamed them publicly by his victory over them on the cross."

justbyfaith

Sep 16, 2021
Thank you. Much to my astonishment, Portland, where I live has more Strip Clubs per capita than anywhere in America. Churches die on the vine here. I have been attending the Mormon Church to take communion and pray, but they just can not let it alone and constantly pressure me to get re Baptized and all that. It got really tiresome. I don't have a car and doubt that I'll get one. I've got an eye exam coming up to see if I can keep my License.

I am a rigid introvert and it is hard to get out of my shell. Go ahead, pray. I hope that will work out.

Gwen
Hi @Katia,

I would encourage you to avoid the mormon church because I believe with many orthodox Christians that they are a cult.

Abba Father, I ask You in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth Your Son to help Gwen to find a church that is suited to her and that preaches sound doctrine in the power and fire of the Holy Ghost. I ask You to give her discernment and also I pray that there is such a church near her that fits this criterium; or that such a church will soon pop up in her area that fits this criterium.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Winter coming soon , I expect to be "holed up" and not go out much, expect to stay in the ministry of JGLM.org, about the only ministry I know that stays true to Bible. Services Sunday 9 and about 11, the early one is for the more spiritually mature, abundant teachings available on you tube.

Katia

Aug 29, 2021
PDX
I've been following Fort Pitt Hutterite Communal Farm. I can't join them but I can do my best to follow their example.

MatthewWestfieldUK

May 13, 2021

They judge x 1000. Nobody admits. But if u accidentally heard it. The stuff people say is shocking