I just lost my reply to this after 2 hrs. of thought gathering and typing, so here goes again, 1`st, I am no scholar, have poor spelling abilities, ok??? am Christian, repented several yrs. ago. I deserved nothing for the Good lord until I repented, then he forgave my sins and now I feel very close to Jesus, no I didn't say I qualified for sainthood, now, fall on my face or not, I keep on trying to be acceptable in his eyes, not mine!! Now, ill start again, the word EVIL, AS I UNDERSTAND IT, is a corruption or a add to, coming from the name of Adams mate/wife EVE. (DO NOT BE LIKE EVE) OR EVE LIKE, thus the word EVIL. because she broke Gods commandment to not eat of the forbidden fruit from the tree of knowledge in the garden of eden. Satin was in that garden cause he and his supporters/angles were cast down to earth after satin had tried to take control in heaven. satin lost the battle!!! Satin is known as Lucifer/the bright and morning star, when God created him he was made perfect, having authority and perfect beauty, but satin fell deeply in love with himself (ring any bells???) re: some men/woman, to go on, A war broke out in heaven against God and his supporters/angles, God being the creater and most high/and most powerful won the battle then cast satin and his followers down to earth, when God created man he also created a garden for him to live in prior, then, from Adams rib, God created A MATE for adam and adam called her woman and named her Eve. he called her woman cause God made her from mans/adams rib. Satin didn't loose any time in corrupting Eve by telling her it would be ok to take of the fruit fom the tree with the knowledge of good and evil for then she would like God, then eve took and did eat the forbidden fruit then talked adam into eating the fruit breaking Gods commandment (not to) and that was the very first sin/means to break Gods law/comandments. Lucifer is also known as satin or the deciver/ the father of lies/the evil one/the devil/the tempter etc. to back up a little, Adam-means=red earth cause he was made from the earth/dirt/clay. not sure what eve=means. also, Jesus means-savior, Christ-means=the chosen one, virgin means=not ever having had sex/intercourse. personally, I belive the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil was the believing or taking in satins line of bull and doing his will over Gods. remember (the tempter/the deceiver?????) which is satin. the beginning!!!!!! signed: kenj.