Why do so many Christians end up in Hell?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
If you think so, than you have to read the Bible and not papers of Catholics or other apostate churches. I see now that the devil is working here as well.
It appears that, if you read anything past the first line of my post, you certainly didn't give it any thought.

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
I have witnessed and experienced the hand of God here. I will agree that we, online or off, are still living in a fallen world, thus subject to His, the adversarys', influence. However, we have the mighty hand of God as our refuge as we walk through the valley of shadows. Praise be to God for His ongoing intervention.
Hebrews 12:2
looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Hebrews 12:2 Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)
2 We must never stop looking to Jesus. He is the leader of our faith, and he is the one who makes our faith complete. He suffered death on a cross. But he accepted the shame of the cross as if it were nothing because of the joy he could see waiting for him. And now he is sitting at the right side of God’s throne.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
No Christians end up in hell. If they go to hell then they were never Christians to begin with.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
We all are going through trials at certain points of our life when Satan makes requests of God to swift us and sadly many fall and do not stand up. Is it because they are lukewarm Christians or lacking of faith?
How do you know who is going to end up in hell, Christian or otherwise? Regardless, glad to have you onboard. Welcome to CC.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
If you think so, than you have to read the Bible and not papers of Catholics or other apostate churches. I see now that the devil is working here as well.
Actually, he is a well respected member of this site and has been proven to be spiritually sound. Just because someone disagrees with you does not mean that the devil is at work in any particular member.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Professed or unprofessed here don't make different because they are Christians; you should've said that true believers in Christ will not go to Hell. Your statement is wrong here. And I tell you that there are many there sadly. Maybe it is better for you to close your eyes and ears not to hear about this inconvenient tidings. Check those HEll and Heaven testimonies on youtube. I know that there are many false testimonies there but not all of them are false. The Lord wants to show us signs but most of us do not want to listen. Christians sitting in lukewarm water!
I prefer to get my spiritual knowledge from the bible and not some YouTube video.

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
Satan doesn't need permission from God to tempt us. This was one instance with Job where he went to God.
Since Satan is not omini-present, I doubt he is tempting people today as much as some claim.

I think it is just our flesh doing the tempting.

How does Luke 22:31-32 coming into play?

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
Job was a human being, are you different species? If He needed permission for Job, He needs it for all other human beings.
As Christians we have a King. Someone trying to invade his territory will be crushed.

Demons are limited creatures, God is without limits.

C

Cariad

Since Satan is not omini-present, I doubt he is tempting people today as much as some claim.

I think it is just our flesh doing the tempting.

How does Luke 22:31-32 coming into play?
Satan has his demons. And I agree our flesh is a huge issue but we tend to ignore the enemy as well.

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
When people leave the Cross and turn to other things, which millions are now doing, the Scripture says of them: "Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils" (1 Timothy 4:1).

Needless to say, such individuals, as with the lukewarm and as with those who have a form of godliness, are labeled by the Lord as unsaved, despite their claims, and will not go in the rapture nor enter the strait gate and narrow way that leads unto life. Many people believe they are in Christ, but have a make believe salvation.

Many are proclaiming Christ, but forsaking the Cross (lukewarm). This is also called "spiritual adultery (Rom. 7:1-4)."

If you leave the Cross you enter death!

JSM

1 John 2:19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

L

Locoponydirtman

and the righteousness of faith doth thus speak: ‘Thou mayest not say in thine heart, Who shall go up to the heaven,’ that is, Christ to bring down? or, ‘Who shall go down to the abyss,’ that is, Christ out of the dead to bring up.
Romans 10:6‭-‬7 YLT1898

This is commanded to the righteous, so who are you to violate this and say that some Christians go to hell.
You violate the scriptures, and then say it is others that are unrighteous.

Apr 15, 2017
We all are going through trials at certain points of our life when Satan makes requests of God to swift us and sadly many fall and do not stand up. Is it because they are lukewarm Christians or lacking of faith?
2Ti 3:4 lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
2Ti 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
2Ti 3:7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

1Ti 6:5 Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness(money, material things above their needs): from such withdraw thyself.

1Co 5:11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.
1Co 5:12 For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within?
1Co 5:13 But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

2Th 3:14 And if any man obey not our word by this epistle, note that man, and have no company with him, that he may be ashamed.
2Th 3:15 Yet count him not as an enemy, but admonish him as a brother.

2Th 3:6 Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition which he received of us.

2Ti 2:19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

1Co 15:33 Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners.
1Co 15:34 Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame.

A Christian will not end up in hell, but there are many that confess Christ that are still stuck in the world, and want to enjoy it, so they are not led of the Spirit, but they think they are alright with God.

They are smoking, and drinking alcohol, love money and material things neglecting the poor and needy, in to worldly entertainment, and movies, shows, music from the world, and many cling unto to Churches that are worldly and think it is alright.

Gal 5:16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
Gal 5:24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

Those that belong to Christ have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

Jesus said you will know them by their fruits, and if they are not acting like Christ we are to turn away from them, withdraw ourselves from them, and not company with them, for they will not let go of the flesh.

But there are many that say they cannot abstain from sin, and sin daily, and sin does not affect their relationship with God.

But they sin on purpose for they enjoy the sin, for it they did not enjoy it they would not do it, and they could of chose the good, and then they want an excuse.

There is no excuse for the Bible plainly states that a person that hates sin, and does not want sin can abstain from sin by the Spirit.

But the Bible says that some are ever learning and never able to come to that truth, and it points out their sins.

If they say they cannot abstain from sin then they are holding unto sin, but they say but God chose us in the beginning so we can never fall, but that is not what the Bible says for God is love.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
Nobody is in heaven or hell yet! I believe the dead are asleep. Paul may have said: to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. OK, to close your eyes at night: presto - it is morning. It is the same principal.

Nobody is in heaven yet: John 3:13: "And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven." They are asleep.

Acts 2:29: "Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day."

Acts 2:34, 35: "For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, Until I make thy foes thy footstool."

All the OT patriarchs are mentioned in Heb.11 and none of them have received their reward yet. Heb. 12 is just a reference to Mount Zion which is new Jerusalem, yet future. Heb. 11:40: "God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect." New Jerusalem is being prepared and is coming to earth with the "many mansions" that the father is preparing.

Nobody is going to heaven. Heaven (the Kingdom of) is coming to earth. At least until the 1000 years are over. But even then New Jerusalem will be here.
Heaven (the Kingdom of) is coming to earth. Rev. 5:10: "And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth." Rev. 20:6: "Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years."

From this, we can deduce nobody is in heaven and nobody is going there.

The following was excerpted from another posting I had saved that answers NDEs.

I was hoping to read more about people's near-death experiences, aside from the guy who was in an automobile accident. Anyone else have any?

My second wife died for a few minutes while delivering her first child (breech). She said she saw her body on the op table, and then was approached by a very bright light. She assumed the light was Jesus (or God) and ask if she could stick around and watch her baby grow. The next thing she knew, she was waking up alive.

We both have studied scriptures and come to the conclusion that the dead are asleep. Her ability to ask God for another chance at life was a vision. He knew He wasn't taking her right then. What actually happens at death is not pertinent to a vision.
Be aware that Sheol and Hades simply refers to the grave. Our doctrine of a dwelling place of the dead is inserted into Strong's Concordance as a reference. The reference in Revelation where they are tormented day and night forever, their smoke ascending forever could refer to something captured on film, therefore forever preserved. The reference in Mark 9:44: "Where their worm dieth not and the fire is not quenched" I believe is another example of that. It just does not make sense of a maggot that never dies.

All said, as I stated before all scripture has to fit together, in what we teach, or none of it is valid. Some things were presented in parables with figurative speech. Some things maybe we don't quite understand yet. God will not reveal some things until He is ready for us to know. I feel Lazarus and the rich man is a parable despite the proper names.

preston39

Dec 18, 2017
Actually, he is a well respected member of this site and has been proven to be spiritually sound. Just because someone disagrees with you does not mean that the devil is at work in any particular member.

Wrong.
Satan is standing by to leap when opportunity presents itself for........ ANYONE.
G-d tells us to........."put on the coat of armor daily".

preston39

Dec 18, 2017
I am reading M. Scott Peck, M.D.’s book about the hope for healing human evil. He laments that the science of psychology has only accepted evil, never studied it.

In this book he points out that evil people are drawn to the church because they only lie to themselves and the world. In the church they can cover up their basic desire to harm. Scott points to pride as a major source of evil, humbleness and honesty is needed to combat it.

Study the Bible!

Jul 20, 2019
because going to church and treating it as an entertainment venue will not get you to heaven, because doing your Sunday duty, then going to Soddom and Gomorah for a vacation will not get you to heaven. Because denying the Holy Spirit the space to live within you will not get you to heaven. Because without a personal relationship with Jesus, and stripping yourself of all worldly thinking desires and values will not get you to heaven

Jul 20, 2019
sadly yes, I see it here and amongst other christian channels sadly. We are being attacked, which shows how much of a threat we are.

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
Yes Jesus say only few go to heaven because most not do the Will of the father

Matthew 7:13-14 King James Version (KJV)

13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

And may be These verse below give a clue

17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

Not that salvation by fruit, but saved bear good fruit

Chester

May 23, 2016
No Christian will end up in hell.

Christians go to heaven; non-Christians go to hell.

What some might call real Christians are simply Christians. What some might call luke-warm Christians are non-Christians. My point is simply that the person who believes in Christ is a Christian. The one who does not believe is not a Christian. Don't use the term Christian for a non-believer and then call a believer a "real" Christian.

Of course I am not saying that you or I can look at a person and tell whether or not they are a Christian.