Why Do We All Think We're So Cool When We're Young?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
When I wore a younger man's clothes I decided it would be cool to join the military. While those were the hardest years of my life they were probably the most rewarding as far as physical, mental and spiritual growth. The uniform was cool though. It made me feel like a fighting man.

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
When I wore a younger man's clothes I decided it would be cool to join the military. While those were the hardest years of my life they were probably the most rewarding as far as physical, mental and spiritual growth. The uniform was cool though. It made me feel like a fighting man.
I read books about history from time to time. I find in interesting that we really didn't have high schools before the 20th century. 12 year olds would become midshipmen on naval vessels, and practically learn to be a naval officer. 15 year olds like Thomas Jefferson, would go work with a lawyer, and be admitted to the bar by age 19. Same with teens working for physicians, and learning that trade.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I'll bet you looked real spiffy in a uniform :D

(I hope you don't mind :eek:)

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I'll bet you looked real spiffy in a uniform :D

(I hope you don't mind :eek:)
I don't mind at all. Brings back a lot of memories. All of a sudden I feel younger and that's a cool thing. :)

LightBright

Mar 18, 2017
I still remember yet don't remember a commercial that said "men" are old at 50 "women" are old at 60.
You never call a girl old it's like commenting on her weight lol

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
You never call a girl old it's like commenting on her weight lol
I'm an old girl :eek:

Sometimes I think, I don't look too bad for my age :p

But then I look in the mirror :eek: LOL

Aug 2, 2009
I sometimes wish I had joined. I actually started the sign-up procedure with a recruiter once, but I chickened out at the last minute. I was signing up with my best friend... He ended up working in military intelligence, found his wife while stationed in Japan and loved what he was doing.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I sometimes wish I had joined. I actually started the sign-up procedure with a recruiter once, but I chickened out at the last minute. I was signing up with my best friend... He ended up working in military intelligence, found his wife while stationed in Japan and loved what he was doing.
It's best to have no regrets my friend. If I had to do it over I would've stayed in college and made better career choices. I don't regret joining the military though. I wish I had stayed in and retired. If I did I probably wouldn't be working anymore. Hopefully just another year or two and then I'm done or perhaps one or two days a week at Walmart as a greeter passing out those little yellow smiley's.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
It's best to have no regrets my friend. If I had to do it over I would've stayed in college and made better career choices. I don't regret joining the military though. I wish I had stayed in and retired. If I did I probably wouldn't be working anymore. Hopefully just another year or two and then I'm done or perhaps one or two days a week at Walmart as a greeter passing out those little yellow smiley's.
As I ever increasingly approach the generally accepted age of retirement, people more and more ask me when I am going to stop working. I tell them that I cannot afford to retire, for I would starve to death if I did :D Over the years I have multiple times looked for ways to cut down on my living expenses, but to no avail, since everything just keeps going up in price, while my wages barely budge. The vacancy rate is so low here, that even shoddy, poorly managed residences are about as expensive where I live under rent controls in one of the nicest neighborhoods of my city. Gas was close to $1.50 a liter the other day :eek: My cat refuses to go to work to contribute financially to the household expenses :p

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I don't mind at all. Brings back a lot of memories.
All of a sudden I feel younger and that's a cool thing. :)

You look fairly smashing in this uniform, also :D

(Thank you for being such a good sport :))

Aug 2, 2009
That reminds me, I used to be a cub scout :rolleyes:

Do they even have cub scouts any more? Or are they all boy scouts now?

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
As I ever increasingly approach the generally accepted age of retirement, people more and more ask me when I am going to stop working. I tell them that I cannot afford to retire, for I would starve to death if I did :D Over the years I have multiple times looked for ways to cut down on my living expenses, but to no avail, since everything just keeps going up in price, while my wages barely budge. The vacancy rate is so low here, that even shoddy, poorly managed residences are about as expensive where I live under rent controls in one of the nicest neighborhoods of my city. Gas was close to $1.50 a liter the other day :eek: My cat refuses to go to work to contribute financially to the household expenses :p
The funny thing is that I was just telling my wife that the cats don't care that I have to go to work, all they want is their food in the morning. They eat a better breakfast than I do. (jk) :). I call them little parasites 'cause that makes my wife laugh.