Why does 1 Timothy 4:10 say that Jesus is the "savior of ALL people"?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
Set them free, same as Jesus does for us. 😊
We used to sing a little song about Uncle Joe in Sunday School.
He would sit down by the stream and sing...
"Come, come to Jesus."
"Come, come to Jesus..."

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
Thanks in advance.
Well, the simple answer (which I prefer) is that nobody will be saved unless they go through Jesus.... It doesn't mean that all people will be saved, but that all the people that ARE saved will only be saved through Jesus. There is no other way.

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
How is a "trick" question? It's not. It's a simple question. Why did Paul say that Jesus saves ALL people when we know that isn't true. Do you want to respond to the question or are you here only to troll?
After reading a few more of your responses, it's pretty obvious to me who the troll is, here. I should have read more before I wasted my time feeding you.... smh

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
Well, if Jesus doesn't save ALL people then he's NOT the savior of ALL people and that makes Paul a heretic.
Jesus is the Saviour of all people that are saved.

No one is saved that Jesus didn't save.

People that aren't saved still have a Saviour in the Lord Jesus Christ.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Thanks in advance.
Because He died for ALL MANKIND. It does not say that "all" people will call upon Him, but His blood is there for ALL who do..........

God would have ALL be saved, but He knows all will not be saved......

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
“And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved;

but he that believeth not shall be damned.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭16:15-16‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
‭‭John‬ ‭3:16‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son: that all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father.

He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.”
‭‭John‬ ‭5:22-24‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Jesus inviting new disciples ( Christian’s )

“At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.

All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭11:25, 27-30‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me. Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father. Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.”
‭‭John‬ ‭6:45-47‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Jesus words of life on the gospel are what crates that belief of what he’s saying if we believe in him and learn from him there’s no way we can’t be saved even at times when we fall down and make mistakes and stumble ect

were supposed to always consciously do best for God and grow and do better but Jesus died and suffered for us so when we mess up we can have forgiveness through repentance and atonement a biblical principle throughout time
Just wanted to add....

Salvation is in the Body and Blood of Jesus Christ. When the Word of God came down to Earth and took on flesh having a Human Body, the fullness of the Godhead (Father, Son and Holy Spirit) walked on this Earth for 33 1/2 years fulfilling ALL that the Law and the Prophets spoke of the Messiah the Savior of both Jew and Gentile.

In Jesus Christ's human body is all the Works of the LAW FULFILLED - He gives us His Righteousness - the Human Fulfillment of the Law.

In Jesus Christ's Blood is the Death Penalty of the LAW FULFILLED - He gives us His Blood to cleanse us and forgive us for NOT obeying the Law. The Death Angel sees the Blood of the Lamb of God and passes over us.... we live!

Together - the Body and Blood of Jesus Christ is Salvation... there is NO OTHER Savior, there is NO OTHER way.

The BODY of Jesus Christ - the LAW FULFILLED; and
The BLOOD of Jesus Christ -the PUNISHMENT of the LAW FULFILLED.

Stand fast in your faith, knowing that Jesus Christ has SAVED you and is coming for you!

Even though our bodies will die, because of the Body and Blood of Jesus Christ our bodies will rise from the dead just as Christ rose from the dead and took back His Body and it became eternal.... This is the Eternal Life Jesus Christ gives us.... we will live forever with our Lord and Savior and King.

Currently, we are maturing in Christ with God's Word and Holy Spirit... learning and growing while we await the Return of Christ to the Earth to get us and raise our bodies making them eternal.....

God has given us a glorious HOPE. Even if we die, we die believing that He is faithful who has promised....:love:(y)

Jun 20, 2022
That was a trick question from the start?
Not a trick question at all, it's this ultimate Grace Crap thinking I can live like Satan and still be Rewarded like Job baloney.

Even worse than that, it's universal salvation tripe.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Just wanted to add....

Salvation is in the Body and Blood of Jesus Christ. When the Word of God came down to Earth and took on flesh having a Human Body, the fullness of the Godhead (Father, Son and Holy Spirit) walked on this Earth for 33 1/2 years fulfilling ALL that the Law and the Prophets spoke of the Messiah the Savior of both Jew and Gentile.

In Jesus Christ's human body is all the Works of the LAW FULFILLED - He gives us His Righteousness - the Human Fulfillment of the Law.

In Jesus Christ's Blood is the Death Penalty of the LAW FULFILLED - He gives us His Blood to cleanse us and forgive us for NOT obeying the Law. The Death Angel sees the Blood of the Lamb of God and passes over us.... we live!

Together - the Body and Blood of Jesus Christ is Salvation... there is NO OTHER Savior, there is NO OTHER way.

The BODY of Jesus Christ - the LAW FULFILLED; and
The BLOOD of Jesus Christ -the PUNISHMENT of the LAW FULFILLED.

Stand fast in your faith, knowing that Jesus Christ has SAVED you and is coming for you!

Even though our bodies will die, because of the Body and Blood of Jesus Christ our bodies will rise from the dead just as Christ rose from the dead and took back His Body and it became eternal.... This is the Eternal Life Jesus Christ gives us.... we will live forever with our Lord and Savior and King.

Currently, we are maturing in Christ with God's Word and Holy Spirit... learning and growing while we await the Return of Christ to the Earth to get us and raise our bodies making them eternal.....

God has given us a glorious HOPE. Even if we die, we die believing that He is faithful who has promised....:love:(y)
“Together - the Body and Blood of Jesus Christ is Salvation... there is NO OTHER Savior, there is NO OTHER way.”

“And he said unto her, Thy sins are forgiven.

And they that sat at meat with him began to say within themselves, Who is this that forgiveth sins also?

And he said to the woman, Thy faith hath saved thee; go in peace.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭7:48-50‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Jesus can forgive anyone at anytime for any reason based upon who he is and thier faith in him

NotmebutHim

May 17, 2015
Jesus is THE Savior of the whole world. But He is also the PERSONAL Savior of/for all who believe on Him.

For the record, I believe in unlimited atonement, but NOT in universal salvation.

So Paul was NOT a heretic; he was inspired by the Holy Spirit to write that Jesus is the Savior of all.

As Peter wrote, all the Scriptural authors were "carried along by the Holy Spirit". So none of them would "contradict" any of the others.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
When @Snacker sets fish free, they are free indeed.

John 8:36 plus Romans 8:2 If the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. For in Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set you free from the law of sin and death.
:)

Karlon

Mar 8, 2023
simply, because He is. Jesus knew that all would not be saved because of free choice we have & He's not going to interfere with our free choice. if all chose Jesus to believe & be saved, all would be saved.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
After reading a few more of your responses, it's pretty obvious to me who the troll is, here. I should have read more before I wasted my time feeding you.... smh
Time not wasted, brother. We may be feeding more than we know.
Godspeed! (y)

oyster67

May 24, 2014
1 Timothy 4:10
“For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.”

Jesus is the Light of the World. He is the only Way. He is not one way among many.

This verse is not the only verse with which some shall try to use to prop up unsound doctrine, but our job is to study the Full Word, which blends together perfectly, painting a complete picture for all to see. (All who want to see.)

This verse even goes so far as to specify "those that believe."