Why does cc allow hyper pauline heretics a platform????

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 23, 2018
11 But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed.
12 For before that certain came from James, he did eat with the Gentiles: but when they were come, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing them which were of the circumcision.
13 And the other Jews dissembled likewise with him; insomuch that Barnabas also was carried away with their dissimulation.
14 But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel, I said unto Peter before them all, If thou, being a Jew, livest after the manner of Gentiles, and not as do the Jews, why compellest thou the Gentiles to live as do the Jews?
15 We who are Jews by nature, and not sinners of the Gentiles,
16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.
17 But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid.
18 For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor.
19 For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God.
20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

Ok,now wait a minute. The paulines stress that peter was SUPPOSED to preach the law. Keeping the law,according to the Paulines,was the pillar of peters so called gospel. Gospel of the law.

So what is Paul doing correcting him?????

It is the same gospel!!!!
That is WHY PAUL IS CORRECTING HIM

RickStudies

Sep 10, 2019
The subject in Gal. 2:7 is about some false Christians bringing in strange teachings about circumcision. Here is the lead in:

Gal. 2:3-5 "But even Titus, who was with me, was not forced to be circumcised, though he was a Greek. Yet because of false brothers secretly brought in—who slipped in to spy out our freedom that we have in Christ Jesus, so that they might bring us into slavery—to them we did not yield in submission even for a moment, so that the truth of the gospel might be preserved for you."

So, no new gospel just perverting the current gospel.
You`re bending scripture to try to mold it to your argument, exact opposite of the way to do it. Galatians 2:7 isn`t about false brothers, it`s a new topic of buisiness. It`s about who is in charge of what. I`ll put some in bold. maybe it`ll help you.

7 But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;
8 (For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles:)
9 And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
Seems many sheep have forgotten the One and only Shepherd, and that there is only one flock.

Some seem to be preaching a "dividing of the spoils" doctrine, that a ravenous wolf seperates the sheep into different "groups." that was prophesied in Genesis 49:
Pot, meet kettle.

RickStudies

Sep 10, 2019
11 But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed.
12 For before that certain came from James, he did eat with the Gentiles: but when they were come, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing them which were of the circumcision.
13 And the other Jews dissembled likewise with him; insomuch that Barnabas also was carried away with their dissimulation.
14 But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel, I said unto Peter before them all, If thou, being a Jew, livest after the manner of Gentiles, and not as do the Jews, why compellest thou the Gentiles to live as do the Jews?
15 We who are Jews by nature, and not sinners of the Gentiles,
16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.
17 But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid.
18 For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor.
19 For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God.
20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

Ok,now wait a minute. The paulines stress that peter was SUPPOSED to preach the law. Keeping the law,according to the Paulines,was the pillar of peters so called gospel. Gospel of the law.

So what is Paul doing correcting him?????

It is the same gospel!!!!
That is WHY PAUL IS CORRECTING HIM
See if you can make your letters bigger. Great debate tactic :rolleyes:

Paul is correcting Peter because he was being a cowardly hypocrite (verses 11-12) Peter was eating with Gentiles until some people from the Apostle James church showed up. Then Peter withdrew and all the other Jews withdrew with him just for sole purpose of
dissimulation (dissimulation=pretence of following the law.)

Your passage offers further proof of separation of circumcision from the uncircumcision.

Your arguments are weak and I can pick them apart just as I did with this one. But I have better things to do with my time. So you folks do what you do best and pile up the spam.

L

Locoponydirtman

Y'all leave aunt Pauline alone, she ain't hyper, just easily excited.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
You`re bending scripture to try to mold it to your argument, exact opposite of the way to do it. Galatians 2:7 isn`t about false brothers, it`s a new topic of buisiness. It`s about who is in charge of what. I`ll put some in bold. maybe it`ll help you.

7 But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;
8 (For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles:)
9 And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.
No, I beg to differ. Paul was simply speaking of the people they ministered to, not a new gospel. The rest of Galatians 2 and on into the next chapter is speaking of that false teaching coming to the saints at Galatia. They were trying to gain justification by the law:

Gal. 3:1-4 "O foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you? It was before your eyes that Jesus Christ was publicly portrayed as crucified. Let me ask you only this: Did you receive the Spirit by works of the law or by hearing with faith? Are you so foolish? Having begun by the Spirit, are you now being perfected by the flesh? Did you suffer so many things in vain—if indeed it was in vain?"

Mar 28, 2016
No, I beg to differ. Paul was simply speaking of the people they ministered to, not a new gospel. The rest of Galatians 2 and on into the next chapter is speaking of that false teaching coming to the saints at Galatia. They were trying to gain justification by the law:

Gal. 3:1-4 "O foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you? It was before your eyes that Jesus Christ was publicly portrayed as crucified. Let me ask you only this: Did you receive the Spirit by works of the law or by hearing with faith? Are you so foolish? Having begun by the Spirit, are you now being perfected by the flesh? Did you suffer so many things in vain—if indeed it was in vain?"

Yes, Same gospel coming form the same source of faith (Christ) as it is written.

Same one that mutually worked in Paul also worked in both Jews and gentile in the Roman church .

Spiritual gifts are always two fold edifying the speaker, and the hearer .

For I long to see you, that I may impart unto you some spiritual gift, to the end ye may be established;
That is, that I may be comforted together with you by the mutual faith
(Christ's) both of you and me.Roman1:11-12

RickStudies

Sep 10, 2019

You can differ with the scriptures all you want. It doesn`t change the words. The book of Galatians moves from topic to topic as do the rest of the epistles. Galations 2:7-9 is about who is in charge of each of the two churches aka two branches aka two olive trees.

RickStudies

Sep 10, 2019
Y'all leave aunt Pauline alone, she ain't hyper, just easily excited.
36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.

37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

K

kaylagrl

36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.

37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.
So you've never told a joke or laughed at a joke in your life? :unsure:

RickStudies

Sep 10, 2019
So you've never told a joke or laughed at a joke in your life? :unsure:
I don`t find jokes that make light of sin or have an intent to hurt someone to be something to laugh at. I know God takes words seriously and I make an effort to do the same.

K

kaylagrl

I don`t find jokes that make light of sin or have an intent to hurt someone to be something to laugh at. I know God takes words seriously and I make an effort to do the same.
His joke did neither. So what's your issue again?

RickStudies

Sep 10, 2019
His joke did neither. So what's your issue again?
I don`t think the remark was appropiate for one Christian to say to another. Maybe it could be excused as a joke one friend to another but he and I are strangers. It`s not that kind of situation here so whatever he is trying to say is not Christian. More like something a nerdy child with no manners might say.

Shekinahglory

Aug 29, 2019
what I am not sure of is why are those who are hyper anti-Paul and claim to be filled with the Spirit refuse to hear what is being said. I don't know of anyone who seeks to nullify any portion of Scripture. I do hear people who when told that the Mosaic Covenant had done the job it was designed to do with believers. Once the Law has taken us to the crucified Christ it hands us over to the new teacher (Titus 2: 11- 15) Why do they refuse to hear that because the written Law has come to an end in the lives of believers we are now under the Higher form of the Law the Royal Law of Love an example of. The Lawmaker ascended on a hill and laid out for us in the Beatitudes the Law of the Kingdom. Because some people understand the Law prevents us not only for living and producing Fruit for Christ that we must not divorce the Law we must die to the Law (Ro. 7) in order to be wed to Christ. Some folks can't stand the teaching that believers have been made dead to the Law through the Law. That's correct part of God's purpose for His Law was to put believers dead to the written Law. Why do you refuse the written Law doing what God designed it to do. WHy? Paul wrote of himself as to the Law, perfect as Sauk. This was while he persecute Christ and His people. But that is what the Law opens the way for men to do, deceive themselves. Where is boasting stopped by the Law? No, it is only stopped by Grace. There is so much more this one verse doctrine is built on. But when you have people who seeing refuse to see and hearing refuse to hear there maybe a problem for having a good Christian discussion.

I applaud your zeal but Paul speaks of having zeal without knowledge. That has always been dangerous and is no less dangerous in our own time. I did not put an expiration date on the written Law, for tots in the faith to place us under the higher teacher, Grace, who teaches us to live godly lives in this time while we wait for the return of Christ. It gives us the power to say no and to live as we are called to live. The written Law on the other hand is the power sin uses to become utterly sinful (Ga. 3) who are two Covenants one is the written Law represented by Hagar and Ishmael representing the Covenant from Mount Sinai. Then we are shown the Covenant represented by Sarah is placed before us. We are told in no uncertain terms that those who are under the Mosaic Covenant are represented the son of the written Law, Ishmael, he will never share in the inheritance with Sarah and Isaac. The sons under the written Law will never share in the inheritance with those under the Abrahamic Covenant

K

kaylagrl

I don`t think the remark was appropiate for one Christian to say to another.Maybe it could be excused as a joke one friend to another but he and I are strangers.It`s not that kind of situation here so whatever he is trying to say is not Christian.
So you're judging him and his intent? Don't you think you should have asked first? He didn't put your name there did he? It wasn't directed at you. It was an off hand,general comment.

More like something a nerdy child with no manners might say.
You must be a laugh riot to be around. Little on the picky side. Maybe just relax a little bit and realize it's not all about you.

E

eternally-gratefull

I am as pro paul as the next guy.

It has to be some anti Christ spirit at work,to seek anullment of the apostles,the books of the bible,and JESUS.
They tamper with the non negotiable pillars of the bible and faith.
Hmm, who does this?

I see people ignore paul, but i have yet to see people say paul and peter teaches a different gospel,, oh wait there was one,, rick or something?.

But I do not see home holding paul over anyone else.

E

eternally-gratefull

(Excerpt from article I wrote about 15 years ago. Maybe clears up some of your confusion. I won`t hold my breath tho.)

“But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter; (For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles:)And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.” (Galatians 2:7-9)

This passage of scripture affirms two gospels and two churches. They are two folds made into one fold, having one Shepard. (John 10:16) Baptized by the same Spirit into the same body. And the two gospels are connected together becoming one faith. Paul preached a simple message of Christ and Him crucified. (1st Corinthians 1:23, 2:2) This is the preaching of the kingdom gospel. There are things from the kingdom gospel that must be applied to the grace gospel to achieve a full understanding of it. In my essay on the grace gospel I pulled quite a few things from the kingdom gospel because it made a better understanding of grace. Likewise the Jewish believers received and studied Paul’s epistles and a modern Jewish believer living the life of an original believer must understand Paul’s gospel in order to come into full knowledge of the truth.

Paul himself, along with the other Jewish believers who worked with him maintained their ties to the church of Peter and they continued Torah observance as they lived among the Gentiles. (Acts 21) Paul also obtained the endorsement of the Jewish Church for the Gentile church. (Acts 15) Paul never encouraged Jewish believers to stop following the Torah and he supported the doctrines of the circumcision church.

“But as God hath distributed to every man, as the Lord hath called every one, so let him walk. And so ordain I in all churches.Is any man called being circumcised? let him not become uncircumcised. Is any called in uncircumcision? let him not be circumcised. Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but the keeping of the commandments of God.Let every man abide in the same calling wherein he was called.” (1st Corinthians 7:17-20)

Paul position on this point is plain to see. Those who are called to the church of Peter are meant to remain in the church of Peter. Those who are called to the church of Paul are meant to remain in the church of Paul. The establishment of the Gentile churches did not change the gospel and commandments that Jesus Christ had already given the Jewish church. However, the grace gospel was received and applied in the Jewish church just as the kingdom gospel is received and applied by the Gentile church. There are three passages on this point that I know of.

“But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.” (James 1:25)

“For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all. For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law. So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.” (James 2:10-12)

“And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you; As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.” (2nd Peter 3:15-16)

The books of James and Peter were epistles written to the Jewish circumcision believers. The law of liberty James refers to is Paul’s teaching on the law. Paul uses the word liberty ten times in the epistles always in reference to the liberty of the Gentiles regarding the Torah. The first verse from James reveals that Jewish believers were studying and accepting Paul’s doctrine on the law. James encourages those who continue in the law of liberty to do the works that the law of love demands. In the second verse from the book of James we see James telling the Jewish believers to speak and act like those who follow the law of liberty.It`s a pretty powerful endorsement of Paul’s doctrine.

The verse from second Peter is one I’ve quoted before. We see in this verse that Paul was a beloved brother to the Jewish believers and his epistles were circulated among Jewish believers and were considered scripture. The gospel of grace had a tremendous impact on the Jewish church.

God allowed the circumcision church to decline and eventually disappear for many centuries. Christians who assume that God is done with the circumcision church are gravely mistaken. The circumcision church has reappeared in our day as the Messianic movement. It is a move of God’s Spirit to restore them as God prepares to bring this age to a close.
Ah yes, this is the guy!!!

There is one gospel not two, paul and peter and james thought the same gospel

RickStudies

Sep 10, 2019
So you're judging him and his intent? Don't you think you should have asked first? He didn't put your name there did he? It wasn't directed at you. It was an off hand,general comment.

You must be a laugh riot to be around. Little on the picky side. Maybe just relax a little bit and realize it's not all about you.

He`s posted several worldly remarks at me. He doesn`t seem to understand only harm he can do is to his own relationship with God.
Relaxing can lead one away from God, here`s something for worldly Christians that maybe should give you a little pause. There are times to be serious.

4 know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

5 Do ye think that the scripture saith in vain, The spirit that dwelleth in us lusteth to envy?

6 But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.

7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.

9 Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness.

7seasrekeyed

I see a large pile of routine murmuring but I don`t see any scriptures. You have no answer for Galatians 2:7 and no answer for the passage below. Best you can do is distort my words into something I didn`t really say.

“But as God hath distributed to every man, as the Lord hath called every one, so let him walk. And so ordain I in all churches.Is any man called being circumcised? let him not become uncircumcised. Is any called in uncircumcision? let him not be circumcised. Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but the keeping of the commandments of God.Let every man abide in the same calling wherein he was called.” (1st Corinthians 7:17-20)

give it a rest already

maybe I'll put a link to your two gospel dodge dance routine

it's full of scripture people posted to illustrate the error of your 2 gospel dance routine and throughout that thread, you stated exactly what you are saying here, namely, that no one posts scripture in response to your alternate universe

going to go find that thread and post a link

E

eternally-gratefull

You seem bright enough to read the Bible for yourself. Didn't think I needed to repost the simple truth here for someone as obviously as knowledgeable as you. And being that intelligent you would know that you do not pinpoint one scripture in the Bible and make a doctrine of it. So glad we have that cleared up.
He has been answered many times in his question, he just refuses to acknowledge it

Status
Not open for further replies.