Why has the chat application disappeared from the google store?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Apr 20, 2019
I guess all we can do is wait in Jesus Holy Perfect Name amen

May God Bless you all.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
I ask several times. No one will answer. It is frustrating because I have donated over $300 over the last several years. I contacted Robo (CCStaff) with no response. I travel for my job so the mobile Christian chat app works best for me. Instead, I keep receiving rude comments on here from members saying the money goes to this Christian chat online forum instead of the Christian mobile app. If you get a response let me know.
I didn't say it went Only to the forums, but pointing out the money Also goes towards the forums.
Refunds. Yes. Where you give back what you bought in exchange for the money you spent. You spent Years on this site, using the service and now think you deserve your money back? Do you go into restaurants, eat everything, then expect a refund?
"Keep receiving rude comments" as in one person, one time?
And by "rude" you mean explaining the situation you asked about?
Speaking of rude you called me rude, a jerk, grumpy, lonely and a "mean ass person". Show me once where I ever said any such thing to you. Pot, meet kettle.

I'll make it easy for you. Here's my exact response.
"No one knows anything. The forum users don't really use the chats, thus we have no information, nor concern. The only response is a mod saying he doesn't know what's going on either other than the site owner quit logging in.
Donations also apply to the forums, not just the chats. My guess (in an unofficial capacity so purely a guess) is unless your donation was fairly recent you'll not recieve money back. No other business operates that way, not sure why this one should.
But at this point no one knows anything. And this site has a poor track record of keeping people up to date on things regarding the site."

And here's your response to me, let's compare.
"I've given hundreds of dollars. If I can't get on mobile chat then I will no longer donate because honestly I don't like the site. I never come on the site. I only came on to find out why chat was not working. Your grumpy moody response is a great example and reason why I don't come on this site. Your either a lonely grumpy mean ass person or not real. I prefer to chat where I can hear and talk to real people. And yes there is such a thing as returns and refunds. Great customer service provides these great services. If my money went to this site to deal with a jerk like you then this site is not worth being on or donating my money to."

Here's a link to the thread in question in case you think I changed a word (other than underlining 'also').
https://christianchat.com/new-chris...-yourselves/mobile-christian-chat-app.207195/

Amanuensis

Jun 12, 2021
I ask several times. No one will answer. It is frustrating because I have donated over $300 over the last several years. I contacted Robo (CCStaff) with no response. I travel for my job so the mobile Christian chat app works best for me. Instead, I keep receiving rude comments on here from members saying the money goes to this Christian chat online forum instead of the Christian mobile app. If you get a response let me know.
We all donated. It lasted about 15 years. I think it was money well spent. I think Robo gave it a valiant effort. I am glad I was able to donate to the effort. I don't know but I can guess that it was never supported enough for fulltime devotion to the work necessary for such a project.

My favorite was the laptop app. It became obsolete as new Windows version would not support it. I think we are experiencing the end of an era. :cry:

Maybe a very wealthy Christian can give RoboOP a huge grant so that he can devote himself fulltime to coding new apps and platform and it will come back better than before. Like set him up for the next 10 years kind of grant. Enough to hire some fulltime developers. Ellon, are you reading this?

Kentucky

Jan 19, 2022
Jacksonville Beach, Florida
I was told to download this for mobile:

https://m.apkpure.com/christian-chat/com.christianchat.app

Kentucky

Jan 19, 2022

Kentucky

Jan 19, 2022
Apr 15, 2021
why is the chat app no longer in the google store? when will it come back?
Probably because they’re CA SSL certificate expired and they are not renewing it for some reason. So Google remove them from the Play Store it was a matter of time.

Apr 20, 2019
Did not work for me :( Have a nice evening one and all. I can not donate any longer cause I have bills to pay. Be blessed one and all.

Chatgirl

Sep 26, 2022
Ontario
I don't know something tells me it's online chat room application has fizzled out for good. Let's hope not but I have a feeling I did due to its lack of keeping up with modern technologies. Please if there is anyone out there who knows keep us posted.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Did not work for me :( Have a nice evening one and all. I can not donate any longer cause I have bills to pay. Be blessed one and all.
One does not have to donate to continue participating as an active member of this site :)

Just saying that because it almost sounded like you were saying good bye... :unsure::cry:

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
:geek:Welp, I installed the app and it loaded and I entered the rooms but there is no mic icon, so the app, indeed, is, indefinitely, down :poop:

ronnie97044

Aug 9, 2017
Well if Robo wants to step down from taking care of the chat app he should post a message for someone who is tech savvy to remotely keep the app up and running. I am not a techy or know anything about apps but for some that uses it to chat might be the only way to fellowship with other Christian people.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Well if Robo wants to step down from taking care of the chat app he should
post a message for someone who is tech savvy to remotely keep the app up
and running. I am not a techy or know anything about apps but for some that
uses it to chat might be the only way to fellowship with other Christian people.
There are always the forums :)

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Well if Robo wants to step down from taking care of the chat app he should post a message for someone who is tech savvy to remotely keep the app up and running. I am not a techy or know anything about apps but for some that uses it to chat might be the only way to fellowship with other Christian people.
To my knowledge he has never handed over creation/maintenance of the site or chat to any other. Nor does he have paid employees.
As far as whether or not he "should" do so, can't say I agree. It is an option he has chosen to provide, not an obligation to anyone. The viability for a chat, especially across multiple platforms and multiple download sites, may simply not be worth it.

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
See this thread for a new link (not Google) to download the app.